Anxiety - Hormone Related?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Starplex

So I know my E2 runs high, but my T is also quite high and thus my ratio tends to work itself out. I don't typically have bad E2 symptoms except swelling sometimes. However, I'm curious about a condition I have had a couple times that really freaks me out and I think it is related to high E2, but not really sure. If not E2 it has to be related to some other Hormone.

This has only occurred when I took a break from exercising and combined crappy eating, and only twice in over 1 year while on my TRT protocol. I typically consume a quality diet high in protein and veggies with a quality workout routine. I think the Veggies along with GSE are helping control E2 to some extent. No AI. Test Cyp / DHEA Supplement / Cilias Supplement. Inject every 3.5D

Upon laying down for bedtime I feel like I am going to suffocate. Although no sinus issues or anything like that. I've never had a panic attack or anxiety attack, but maybe it is similar to that kind of feeling or possibly like hyper-ventilating. It is DAMN Scary. When this happened I would get up and walk around and watch TV for awhile. During this period my whole thought process changes to where I am thinking about my family and all the scary stuff that goes with death. To the point that I wake my wife up to talk with her (which she really values her sleep!!) It is such a bad feeling that I would quit TRT tomorrow if I had to live with this condition very often. The same night that this happened I also broke out in a sweat during the night while sleeping (after I finally fell asleep) and thus another sign of high E2 symptoms.

That next day I changed my diet back and loaded up on GSE and haven't had another episode. What would cause this? Like mentioned above I know my E2 is high, but my ratio tends to be in check. I also suspect my Hemocrit is high, but blood pressure is normal. I'm due for labs again in a couple months which will confirm my actual values, but wondered if anyone else has either experienced this or heard of this.
Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I would check to see if you have sleep apnea, you may not be getting enough oxygen. Have friends that wear a CPAP mask at night and they tell me that it works.

snip...

Upon laying down for bedtime I feel like I am going to suffocate. Although no sinus issues or anything like that. I've never had a panic attack or anxiety attack, but maybe it is similar to that kind of feeling or possibly like hyper-ventilating. It is DAMN Scary. When this happened I would get up and walk around and watch TV for awhile. During this period my whole thought process changes to where I am thinking about my family and all the scary stuff that goes with death. To the point that I wake my wife up to talk with her (which she really values her sleep!!) It is such a bad feeling that I would quit TRT tomorrow if I had to live with this condition very often. The same night that this happened I also broke out in a sweat during the night while sleeping (after I finally fell asleep) and thus another sign of high E2 symptoms.

snip...

Interesting Starplex, you say you have never experiences an anxiety or panic attack yet you have just discribed how my anxiety (GAD) started. The feeling of suffocation (you breath in but your brain tells you you did not get any O2) which leads to hyper-ventilating. This is a major trigger for me. If I can't use self talk to get my breathing under control it will move into a panic attack.
I take 15mg/24hours of BuSpar for depression/anxiety now. I had this disorder before TRT and actually found TRT has helped me even when my TRT was not dialed in and other harmones were out of wack(super high) like E2(>60) and prolactin(>18).

Best of luck I hope you can find the source of your breathing issue.

Last edited:

CoastWatcher

You wrote that your challenges have to be related to a homone. Why?

I'm not trying to be difficult, or arrogant, it's a legitimate question. It might well be hormonal, but the question Vince raises, apnea, strikes me as an issue to rule out.

Starplex

Thanks for the responses guys!
GSE is Grapeseed Extract, studies show that it helps with E2, but not like an AI by any means.
I guess the challenges could be something other than hormone related, like sleep apena. Although it has never been an issue in the past, but I guess things that appear have to start somewhere.

The reason I was thinking it was hormone related as it only occurred twice in over a year. If it was something like sleep apena or stress related I would think it would occur like once a week or even more. And given the time that it occurred I knew (based on feeling) that E2 was high. I did have a similar event (although did not last near as long) the following day while sitting in a meeting at work. But I just relaxed and it quickly went away. No other symptoms or occurrences since then. (Which makes me think it's not really sleep apena being that it occurred during the day too, but not nearly as bad of an event).

When my E2 is thru the roof (>60) I just get very sensitive and can start crying at the stupidous things. That is the only thing I have noticed. Other things could be going on that I am unaware of but I have never felt it was an anxiety trigger.

Last edited:

Luis Fernandes

Hi Starplex,

I've started with the same symptoms about 1 month ago (6 months TRT 250mg/week), hematocrit is controlled but never controlled E2 until now. Test results were TT 1200, E2 70.
From what I've read I've suspected PVC and 2 things: super high E2 and magnesium deficiency (I'm a runner and sweat a lot).
After lower TRT dose (180/ week) started arimidex and magnesium supplementation.
Only this week I've started to sleep well. can tell if this helped me out or other stress sources but i'm definitely better now.

user_joe

I deal with anxiety at times. In my personal experience hormones aren't the cause per say. Whatever makes you prone to anxiety, e2 out of range can and will make it worse. Just my experience.

cja

Before TRT I was getting horrible anxiety attacks, mainly while out in public. It would begin with me worrying about people looking at me or my family, then progress into the feeling of not being able to breathe. I would get cold and clammy, start sweating on the brow, and would be overcome with a feeling of heart attacks and death. My body would stop moving, I would sit down where ever I was, I didnt care where! The wife would help me up and send me to the car, once in the car the anxiety would go away. Sometimes I was even able to regain composure and return into the store (Wal-Mart) though most the time I would sit tight in the car. It has been 4 months or so since my last attack, I am thankful for TRT. If not for TRT who knows where I would be, the anxiety was so bad I didnt want to live anymore. I felt as if I was a burden to my family, a lesser man because I couldnt even walk through the damn store. I cant say if it was E2 related or not, I never got a good solid baseline due to starting TRT with my PCP. I wish I wouldve stopped treatment for 6 weeks before beginning with Defy.

Steelballs

So I know my E2 runs high, but my T is also quite high and thus my ratio tends to work itself out. I don't typically have bad E2 symptoms except swelling sometimes. However, I'm curious about a condition I have had a couple times that really freaks me out and I think it is related to high E2, but not really sure. If not E2 it has to be related to some other Hormone.

This has only occurred when I took a break from exercising and combined crappy eating, and only twice in over 1 year while on my TRT protocol. I typically consume a quality diet high in protein and veggies with a quality workout routine. I think the Veggies along with GSE are helping control E2 to some extent. No AI. Test Cyp / DHEA Supplement / Cilias Supplement. Inject every 3.5D

That next day I changed my diet back and loaded up on GSE and haven't had another episode. What would cause this? Like mentioned above I know my E2 is high, but my ratio tends to be in check. I also suspect my Hemocrit is high, but blood pressure is normal. I'm due for labs again in a couple months which will confirm my actual values, but wondered if anyone else has either experienced this or heard of this.
Thanks

Starplex, I had a similar situation. I always thought it was my E. It wasn't. I finally pinned down to 2 things. When I go to high with my T(1000+) and if I take all my supplements right before bed. So for me it is an easy fix. Keep my T under a 1000 and take all my night time supplements (very similar to Gene's stack) 1 hour before I lay down.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me