Test levels amost tripled. No idea why!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sean316G

Morning All,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have been battling the symptoms of Low T for a while now.

I was first tested in 2015 following a few visits to GP to complain about my symptoms; Low libido, lack of energy, lethargy etc.
The GP tested me and told me I was "Within Range" and that was the end of that.

I went away disheartened but tried a few things:
Changed diet - No improvement in symptoms
Worked out more - no improvement in symptoms
Worked out less - no improvement in symptoms
Added heaps of fresh fruit to diet - no improvement in symptoms.

Steadily things got worse, now I have no libido at all, ED, limited (very) short term memory and brain fog etc.

March 17, following a few more GP visits, I was told that my 2015 bloods showed test at 11. GP agreed to retest me and I came in at 6 (LH was 2.1, everything else was "fine" that's all I remember). GP referred me to an Endo who was great and sent me for an MRI and Bloods... here's where it gets interesting.

My bloods came back today, still waiting for MRI results, but my Test is now at 15.5. As if by magic, it has suddenly almost tripled and I have no idea why. Endo says everything else is within range but he'll discuss it with me and re-test me when I next visit in July.

I'm suddenly really down about this, although its come back normal, it really knocked me for 6 knowing that just as I was about to get the treatment I've begged for, its suddenly not needed apparently.

Can anyone shed any light on why this may have suddenly happened? with no changes in ANYTHING?

Many Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Morning All,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have been battling the symptoms of Low T for a while now.

I was first tested in 2015 following a few visits to GP to complain about my symptoms; Low libido, lack of energy, lethargy etc.
The GP tested me and told me I was "Within Range" and that was the end of that.

I went away disheartened but tried a few things:
Changed diet - No improvement in symptoms
Worked out more - no improvement in symptoms
Worked out less - no improvement in symptoms
Added heaps of fresh fruit to diet - no improvement in symptoms.

Steadily things got worse, now I have no libido at all, ED, limited (very) short term memory and brain fog etc.

March 17, following a few more GP visits, I was told that my 2015 bloods showed test at 11. GP agreed to retest me and I came in at 6 (LH was 2.1, everything else was "fine" that's all I remember). GP referred me to an Endo who was great and sent me for an MRI and Bloods... here's where it gets interesting.

My bloods came back today, still waiting for MRI results, but my Test is now at 15.5. As if by magic, it has suddenly almost tripled and I have no idea why. Endo says everything else is within range but he'll discuss it with me and re-test me when I next visit in July.

I'm suddenly really down about this, although its come back normal, it really knocked me for 6 knowing that just as I was about to get the treatment I've begged for, its suddenly not needed apparently.

Can anyone shed any light on why this may have suddenly happened? with no changes in ANYTHING?

Many Thanks

Welcome to Excelmale. What about your subjective issues - how are you feeling? Any improvement in that regard? When was your blood drawn for this most recent test? Early in the morning? What about the earlier blood draw, what time of day?

One major thing we experience around here is a medical provider saying "it's all normal" when that's not necessarily the case, being within lab ranges is not normally ideal. If you have labs you can attach or screen shot it would generate some worthwhile conversation but your post...there's nothing there to dissect.

CoastWatcher

One major thing we experience around here is a medical provider saying "it's all normal" when that's not necessarily the case, being within lab ranges is not normally ideal. If you have labs you can attach or screen shot it would generate some worthwhile conversation but your post...there's nothing there to dissect.
My friend, Vince Carter, raises an excellent point. Beyond the questions I posed earlier regarding time of your blood draw, there isn't much else to explore. But with lab results the discussion can begin.

Sean316G

Hi, thanks for the reply.

In terms of how I'm feeling, there has been absolutely no improvement at all. Still have the same issues in terms of mood, libido, ED, lack of 'zest' for want of a better word.
Both tests were done fasted, the march 2017 test done at 08:40 and the most recent one done at 09:00. I had woken at about 7am on both occasions as that's when my daughter usually wakes up.
To be honest, I was really surprised by the result.

Vince - I don't currently have a copy of the results but will see if I can get the Endo Receptionist to email them across.

I'm completely at a loss.

For future reference, even if you can't post your lab work, it helps to show unit values. In your case, I'm assuming you're speaking of nmol/l rather than ng/dL as far as your testosterone values. 15.5 converts to about 440ng/dL, which is technically "in range" but not ideal. Testosterone is somewhat volatile in blood-work. That said, I strongly recommend you try to address this issue outside of your healthcare provider, as most regular doctors and endocrinologists are actually not very good at treating low testosterone. Many of them will dismiss your concerns as soon as they see that number "in range," as others have noted. You may want to work with a clinic that specializes in trt, like Defy Medical. Please post full blood work when you get the chance.

Sean316G

Hi all,
I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow morning so I will ask for a print out of the full bloods, get them uploaded and hopefully I can rely on your expertise to get to the bottom of the issue.

I followed a series on YouTube with Dr Rand McClain and he said time and time again "treat the patient, not the numbers"... Maybe I should send my Endo a link to the series and get him to focus on me rather than my numbers.

We shall see...

CoastWatcher

Hi all,
I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow morning so I will ask for a print out of the full bloods, get them uploaded and hopefully I can rely on your expertise to get to the bottom of the issue.

I followed a series on YouTube with Dr Rand McClain and he said time and time again "treat the patient, not the numbers"... Maybe I should send my Endo a link to the series and get him to focus on me rather than my numbers.

We shall see...

Dr. McClain is a good friend of ExcelMale and a fine doctor. His statement is absolutely right. Symptoms first, labwork follows. The latter, if your doctor is capable, helps explain the former.

We look forward to your next report.

Last edited:

Sean316G

Morning All,

Just back from the GP with my previous bloods from March 15th and 23rd.

He's confirmed what I already know... he knows nothing about TRT. He said although I was previously measured at 6nmol/L, its not really a problem as the average for a man is only 8 anyway!

Endo wouldn't send me my blood report from May 10th so had to get them from the GP in some weird 17 page format so I've just copied down the measurements rather than upload the whole thing, apologies for the scruffy writing.

AbsoluteZ3R0 - I really wish it was as easy as going outside of primary care but in the UK that isn't really an option. The one saving grace of being in the UK is that on the continent, pharma grade Test is available OTC so if worst comes to worst, I can pick some up and self administer and get my own bloods done.

CoastWatcher - I did notice there were a few references to this forum in the videos, that's how I found out about it. I wish more doctors were as person centered as he is.

Also, I have remembered one thing that did change prior to my most recent bloods! 3 days prior to my bloods, my wife and I watched the new 50 Shades film... needless to say she got the horn and rather than the bi-monthly sex I usually have to endure (I say endure as I really cant get into it with no libido, and the ED makes it similar to stuffing a dufflebag into a locker), we had sex 3 nights in a row. I wonder if that could be anything to do with it :confused:

Attachments

• GP Blood - March 15th .jpg
    GP Blood - March 15th .jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 137
  • GP Blood March 15 & 23.jpg
    GP Blood March 15 & 23.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 178
  • Endo Bloods May 10.jpg
    Endo Bloods May 10.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 133
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic