Compounding Pharmacies v. Big Pharma in Canada

Buy Lab Tests Online

bluerage

I've read a few times of people going to compound companies to get their testosterone. I'm in Toronto, Canada and would like to know if this is available to Canadians. If so, why do people use it vs the brand names you'd get at a pharmacy?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Mainly compounded medications are usually cheaper/and they can compound different types of meds that are individualized for that person. There are some where their OHIP does not cover medications especially if being prescribed by a trt clinic. I personally do not trust the quality/potency of medications from compounding pharmacies. Not saying they are all not reputable but they are far and few. I live in Hamilton.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25963000

Mainly trt clinics have a working relationship with a specific compounding pharmacy. Most family physicians/urologists/endocrinologist tend to prescribe big pharma meds! Not trying to deter you from using a compounded med just do your research and try to find a reputable pharmacy if you choose to take that route.

Last edited:

CoastWatcher

I've read a few times of people going to compound companies to get their testosterone. I'm in Toronto, Canada and would like to know if this is available to Canadians. If so, why do people use it vs the brand names you'd get at a pharmacy?

I do use two compounding pharmacies in Toronto, but not for any of my TRT-based medications. I turn to them for some dermatological prescriptions that I need. If you are interested in names send me a message and I will provide them. I should note that they do compounding for men on TRT, but I can not speak to that from first-hand experience.

ratbag

I'm in Montreal Quebec and I was Rx'd testosterone cream, provided by a compounding pharmacy. It didn't work and caused my total T to drop even lower... it was substantially more expensive than a 10ml vial of testosterone, which I now pay $10. for a 10ml vial of brand name test. We have ramq which means the government contributes towards the cost of it. Compounded meds in Montreal cost significantly more than regular meds do. Also compounding pharmacies are regular pharmacies except that they also compound special meds. I still buy my test cyp from my compounding pharmacy. In quebec it's law that all pharmacies sell meds for the same price. Not sure what goes on in Ontario or the other provinces.

bluerage

Thanks madman. I had no intentions of switching to a compounding pharmacy unless there was some sort of benefits.

Mainly compounded medications are usually cheaper/and they can compound different types of meds that are individualized for that person. There are some where their OHIP does not cover medications especially if being prescribed by a trt clinic. I personally do not trust the quality/potency of medications from compounding pharmacies. Not saying they are all not reputable but they are far and few. I live in Hamilton.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25963000

Mainly trt clinics have a working relationship with a specific compounding pharmacy. Most family physicians/urologists/endocrinologist tend to prescribe big pharma meds! Not trying to deter you from using a compounded med just do your research and try to find a reputable pharmacy if you choose to take that route.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me