3 weeks on TRT, 15 lb weight gain should I be concerned?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gsvar2004

So I started on trt about 3 weeks ago. Clinic recommended 200mg testosterone cyp on mondays, and 50 units of HCG on Wednesday and Friday. After 3 weeks on this protocol I switched over to 100mg test/25 units of hcg on both Monday and Thursday due to some pretty good fall off by Friday/Saturday. What concerns me is in the last 3 weeks I've gained 15lbs with zero dietary or exercise changes. I'm not gonna say I'm not a little concerned as I used to be much fatter (260 ish) and haven't been over 200 in 2+ years, and now I'm sitting at 215 and am curious if this seems normal? Clinician I'm working with says 10 lbs of water weight is "expected", but it just freaks me out. I do feel MUCH better for 2-3 days after my t injection, but then by the end of the week I was having really bad lethargy, joint pains, and kinda getting more agitated Hence the change in injection schedule.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I know when I first started TRT, my appetite did increase. But after a few weeks it did go back to normal. I never has any water gain though, I stuck with my low-carb high-fat diet. I'm sure you will know more when you get labs.

CSI007

Yes, it happens to many of us. I gained about 10lbs in the first 2 weeks. Even while on a carb restricted diet. It is slowly coming off now after 6 months on TRT.

Why did your clinic put you on the maximum dosage of T for TRT? 200mg per week is about as high as you want to go. You might have other more severe side affects coming (hematicrit, out of control E2, hair loss etc.)

Gsvar2004

Idk honestly. They made it sound like that was the correct therapeutic dosing. My hematocrit was high which they suggested donating blood 3-4 x a year. My e2 was 16.5 so I assume he felt it was in control enough idk. I just was doing what he said. I have However as I read more adjusted my dosages since I'm self injecting.

Vince

Super Moderator
Idk honestly. They made it sound like that was the correct therapeutic dosing. My hematocrit was high which they suggested donating blood 3-4 x a year. My e2 was 16.5 so I assume he felt it was in control enough idk. I just was doing what he said. I have However as I read more adjusted my dosages since I'm self injecting.

Is that the right estradiol test, the man sensitivity one. E2 definitely looks too low.
https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?2309-Role-of-Estradiol-in-Men-and-Its-Management

user_joe

I had low e2 when staring hence held less water. Gained about 5lbs of water that says there if e2 is in range.

Never in my life have I had fluctuations I hear about with other people. My weight is super steady day to day if I'm not dieting or anything. I don't limit sodium either.

If if I gained 15 lbs super fast I'd test e2 but also get very hydrated(nothing crazy) one day and weigh the next morning. You'd have to eat like a horse and then some to gain 5 real lbs in a week.

Will Brink

idk the clinic uses lab corp and it just says "estradiol sensitive" and it was 19.8. he just told me below 20 was "optimal"

Based on what? Optimal probably 20-25, but the ratio is important also so that's not a locked in stone number. A "below 20 is optimal" suggests a lower the better attitude toward E2 and that's absolutely not the case nor supported by the data. Just be aware of that if your E2 drops further.

10-15# is about what I gain 2-3 weeks in to my TRT program. Big ass beer belly and double chin with no change to diet. I've had to come off my TRT twice, for other medical reasons, and both times my weight dropped back to normal in 2-3 weeks. I just asked my doc today if I could try a Clomid restart and drop the TRT. He did not want to even talk about.

CSI007

10-15# is about what I gain 2-3 weeks in to my TRT program. Big ass beer belly and double chin with no change to diet. I've had to come off my TRT twice, for other medical reasons, and both times my weight dropped back to normal in 2-3 weeks. I just asked my doc today if I could try a Clomid restart and drop the TRT. He did not want to even talk about.

What kinds of issues were you having?

What kinds of issues were you having?
I don't want to derail Gsvar's thread.
I am having anxiety issues (GAD) and my anxiety got a lot worse a month and a half ago with no identifiable triggers.

My 6 week TRT blood test at that time came back TT653 (from 173), FT 18, E2 63 and Prolactin 18.
To eliminate my TRT (E2 & prolactin)as a cause for the increase in anxiety events I stopped my TRT program.
I've just started back on the 10th and I've already gained 3# and the puffychin and beer belly are returning.

My normal weight is 187# I got up to 228# in 7 weeks on TRT. With no change in diet or exersize.

I don't want to derail Gsvar's thread.
I am having anxiety issues (GAD) and my anxiety got a lot worse a month and a half ago with no identifiable triggers.

My 6 week TRT blood test at that time came back TT653 (from 173), FT 18, E2 63 and Prolactin 18.
To eliminate my TRT (E2 & prolactin)as a cause for the increase in anxiety events I stopped my TRT program.
I've just started back on the 10th and I've already gained 3# and the puffychin and beer belly are returning.

My normal weight is 187# I got up to 228# in 7 weeks on TRT. With no change in diet or exersize.

you don't see that a possible root cause?

CSI007

Last post on this cause I don't want to derail the thread either. :) but Vince is probably right. Your e2 is pretty high and you are exhibiting a side effect of it. You should explore ways to lower the E2 for sure.

you don't see that a possible root cause?

No.
May 9th Bloodtest 47 day off TRT.
E2 and prolactin back in a nominal range.
I have had to increase my BuSpar from 10mg to 15mg/24hours just to stay sane.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4191/33892108103_5e6606a254_h.jpg
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4161/34661461546_defb330e28_h.jpg

6 Months ago when I started this journey I was really hoping a TT lvl of 173 ng/dL was the major cause of my anxiety and apathy.
That might not be the case. Still looking for answers......

ZoomyR6

Dandelion root works wonders for water weight. It's a natural diuretic and may be worth a shot. I use Nature's Way from Vitamin Shoppe.

Vince

Super Moderator
idk the clinic uses lab corp and it just says "estradiol sensitive" and it was 19.8. he just told me below 20 was "optimal"
Low E2 will help gain weight, I like to keep my estradiol levels over 30 to feel good. It also helps keep my libido strong.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me