Is Liposomal Glutathione the Best Supplement for Health?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I was always under the impression that glutathione could not be absorbed orally and only IV administration could increase its blood levels. Glutathione is our own bodies' antioxidant that protects against disease, oxidative stress, liver toxicity, and other important functions. My interest in oral administration of this mother-of-all-antioxidants increased when the following paper was published recently about an oral liposomal formulation that increased glutathione blood levels in HIV+ patients while decreasing inflammatory cytokines and increasing immune boosting ones. I started taking it with my partner a month ago and we are both feel more mental clarity and mood. Placebo effect? We will know eventually!

readisorb liposomal glutathione.jpg

AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses

Restoring cytokine balance in HIV Positive Individuals with Low CD4 T Cell Counts

Mr. Anddre Valdivia, Miss Judy Ly, Ms. Leslie Gonzalez, Ms. Parveen Hussain, Mr. Tommy sAING, Ms. Hicret Islamoglu, Dr. Daniel Pearce, Dr. Cesar Ochoa, and Dr. VISHWANATH VENKETARAMAN. AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses. April 2017, ahead of print. doi:10.1089/AID.2016.0303.

ABSTRACT

HIV infects and destroys CD4+ T cells leading to compromised immune system. In a double-blinded study, a group of HIV-infected individuals with CD4+ T cell counts below 350 cells/mm3 were given either an empty liposomal supplement or a liposomal glutathione supplement to take over a three-month period. Baseline measurements in HIV positive subjects show a significant decrease in levels of IL-12, IL-2, and IFN- γ, along with a substantial increase in the levels of IL-6, IL-10, TGF-alpha and free radicals, compared to healthy individuals. Supplementation of HIV positive subjects with liposomal glutathione for 3 months, resulted in a notable increase in the levels of IL-12, IL-2, and IFN-γ, with concomitant decrease in the levels of IL-6, IL-10 and free radicals, and stabilization in the levels of TGF-alpha, IL-1 and IL-17, compared to their placebo counterparts. Levels of free radicals in CD4+ T cells stabilized while glutathione levels increased in the treatment group. Those in the placebo group showed no significant difference throughout the study. In summary, supplementation with liposomal glutathione in HIV-infected individuals with CD4+ T cell counts below 350 cells/mm3 can help restore redox homeostasis and cytokine balance, therefore aiding the immune system to control opportunistic infections.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Liposomal absorption is very different from gastro-intestinal absorption. When we eat something, the nutrients are typically broken down in our stomach and intestines with acid, enzymes and bacteria. When the molecules are small enough, they can slip between intestinal cells, and into our blood stream. The liver and other organs then spring into action and re-assemble the more complex molecules, such as enzymes, lipids and hormones.

Liposomes, such as glutathione liposomes, work around this break-down, absorb, then re-assemble protocol. Because on the surface the liposome looks exactly as a human cell and the two will merge, very much like two soap bubbles will merge into one larger one. Liposomes are NOT digested. They are not broken down!" Source

" Glutathione (GSH) is the most prevalent antioxidant produced by the human body. Healthy cells actually produce Glutathione. When cells run out of GSH, they die! GSH production naturally declines with age. So, supplementation of this vital antioxidant is paramount.

Glutathione:

Helps protect cells from the damage caused by harmful free radicals
Promotes detoxification and optimal cellular health
Supports a healthy liver and immune system

Glutathione deficiencies have been linked to many chronic, difficult to treat illnesses. " Source

"As a detoxifier, glutathione is unparalleled. It binds metals and other toxins and transforms them into compounds that can be excreted in bile or urine. Once bound, these toxins become water-soluble and can be transported out of cells.

However, the binding of toxins to glutathione creates a demand on the body to make new glutathione. Deficiency results when a tissue or system cannot keep pace with the demand.

Because it is the primary organ of detoxification, the liver harbors the body's largest stores of glutathione, which plays a role in detoxifying environmental pollutants, radiation, drugs, carcinogenic chemicals, and heavy metals.

Glutathione s-transferases (GST) are a group of enzymes that work in concert with glutathione, and they are critical for removal of many toxins. The loss of GST function may contribute to both acute and chronic illnesses (Ashfaq 2008; Chinta 2006)." Source

"Liposomal Glutathione vs Acetyl Glutathione Supplements

Glutathione is the most important and effective antioxidant in your body. Essential to detoxify our cells and enhance our immune function. As we age our level deplete because we cannot produce it as efficiently. This makes it crucial to supplement this Master Antioxidant to maintain optimal health. Supplementing Glutathione can be tricky though, whether it is liposomal Glutathione or an Acetyl Glutathione supplement can make a big difference.

What Is Glutathione

As mentioned above, it is the single most important antioxidant in our body. Present in every living thing on the planet and responsible for detoxing our cells, chelating heavy metals and slowing down the aging process.

This tri-peptide molecule consists of Glutamine, Cysteine and Glycine. Protecting our DNA from damage, crucial for our mitochondrial health and function as well as energy production.

Glutathione deficiencies occur because of age or illness. Health conditions deplete our GSH levels and leave us vulnerable to cellular damage due to oxidative stress, toxins and heavy metal toxicity. Fibromyalgia, Multiple Sclerosis, Lyme Disease, Parkinson's, Chronic Fatigue and virtually every disease or ailment reduces our Glutathione levels. Even conditions such as Arthritis which is characterized by chronic inflammation and chronic pain can deplete our Glutathione levels.

Heavy metals also tax our system of Glutathione due to the displacement of minerals and nutrients like Magnesium from the Glutathione producing enzymes. Directly inhibiting the production of Glutathione within our body.

Glutathione Supplement Problems

Supplementing Glutathione is essential in order to achieve and maintain optimal levels of this vital antioxidant. But so many Glutathione supplements on the market are relatively ineffective. This is because the Glutathione molecule is rapidly degraded in our digestive tract. Leaving next to no benefits by the time the molecule is absorbed by our body.

Glutathione IV's have been administered by physicians for years. While this is an effective way to increase Glutathione levels in your body, it has its own problems. You will need to make 2 or 3 appointments a week for one thing, and each appointment will cost more than a months supply of oral Glutathione supplements.

How To Increase Glutathione Levels

There are a couple of ways to increase Glutathione levels without costing you an arm and a leg. Oral Glutathione supplements that include the bioavailable precursors such as N Acetylcysteine can effectively increase Glutathione production.

The more direct ways of supplementing Glutathione include supplements like Liposomal Glutathione or Acetyl Glutathione. They protect the Glutathione molecule from being damaged in the intestinal tract, allowing it to be absorbed intact leaving you with the full benefit." Source

Note: I have been taking two tablespoons twice per day and my fatigue is almost gone. I am waiting to see if it is a placebo effect.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Captain

Found a study that compared the liposomal product I am using (from Your Energy Systems in Palo Alto) vs transdermal glutathione.

"Plasma sulfate, cysteine, and taurine improved significantly in both treatment groups, and plasma reduced glutathione improved significantly in the oral glutathione group. Plasma glutathione may have improved slightly in the transdermal glutathione group (11%), but the small change was not statistically significant and may not be clinically significant. "

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3628138/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3628138/

Besides, the cream smells like sulfur:

"You may notice a stronger than usual odor with the newer batches of Glutathione Palmitate cream. This is due to a slightly higher free sulfur content that occurs during the compounding process that cannot be avoided. It is still a highly effective product despite the odor of the cream. If you wish, the product can be scented with additional fragrances or essential oils by your request. If you wish to have your cream enhanced with a fragrance, please request this at the time of ordering. Thank you for your understanding."

Last edited by a moderator:

Mcmarkert

I ordered some injectable glutathione from Defy and have take 2 doses so far. I definitely feel better physically and mentally, so hard to tell if it's placebo or not but seems good so far. How did the liposomal end up working?

sokaiya

I ordered some injectable glutathione from Defy and have take 2 doses so far. I definitely feel better physically and mentally, so hard to tell if it's placebo or not but seems good so far. How did the liposomal end up working?

how many milligrams per week are you taking?

madman

Super Moderator
Benefits of Glutathione | Well Wisdom
True non-denatured Whey Protein Concentrate is the optimal nature prescribed precursor (required for the production) of Glutathione (GSH). It contains non-denatured Cysteine and Glutamine, the amino acids required for intracellular GSH production. It naturally contains the full range of proteins that enhance immune function including the protein bound fats that, in whey protein isolates, have been removed.

There are many whey proteins to choose from. The critical factors are: How was the whey produced? What are the actual amounts of the important proteins measured by independent lab analysis? These questions are addressed in our FAQ Page and throughout our website.

Whey Protein Powder Nutrition Facts: David Marshall, PhD

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale