Androgel for 3+ Months, Little Improvement

Buy Lab Tests Online

fiddystorms

I was on TRT before & stopped to save a few bucks. felt like crap for a couple years. Had blood work done in March before I found this site. I'm sure my doctor isn't an expert on treating this & my blood panel is probably not sufficient, but I would like some feedback & advice on what to do next. Should I stop the Androgel 1.62 & start from scratch with a proper blood test? Get tested again using the right test?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B23WcVO0cdYsRnkzMFZiRlZTZ1U/view?usp=sharing

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

I would engage the services of a more capable doctor before doing anything. When transferring your care from one medical practice to another it's not necessary to reduce yourself to a hypogonadal state in order for the new physician to adjust your protocol. Given the tests you have, current and historical, your new doctor will be able to get a picture of where you stood and where you stand. Protocol changes can be made on that basis.

If you would like a referral to a capable medical practice we can offer one.

fiddystorms

I would. I recall seeing a post in the past from Nelson I believe. Is that what you're talking about or is there an update or something else I should reference?

CoastWatcher

I would. I recall seeing a post in the past from Nelson I believe. Is that what you're talking about or is there an update or something else I should reference?
The site has two national sponsors. Defy Medical and Prime Body provide care for many of our members, I am not a patient of either. Contact both and ask as many blunt questions as you can. They won't dodge questions about costs delivery of services, and continuity of care (transitioning from your current doctor to their practice).

Where do you live?

you have to remember with gels, assuming nothing else is a factor, that it's opposite of injections as far as the strategy for testing. You have to apply the gel and then do your blood draw. If you're applying it Mon AM, testing Tues AM, and THEN applying the gel, your numbers are not going to be "true".

fiddystorms

Been waiting a week now to hear back from Defy after submitting a request for consultation on their website. I am thinking about moving forward with a bloodtest. I think it would be useful to have a comprehensive panel completed since it's now 3 months I'm on androgel. Money is not a concern, getting as large a snapshot as possible is my goal to start on a road to feeling better. Right now, my libido is crap, I suffer a bit of ED, mood is crap, motivation & fatigue are in the toilet. I would like to know what I should test for.

this is the list I have so far:
CBC (includes immune cells, red blood cells and hematocrit)
CMP-14 (Includes kidney and liver function, glucose and electrolytes)
Lipid Panel (LDL, HDL, Triglycerides)
Testosterone free and total (LC/MS assay with no upper limit)
Estradiol, Sensitive (LC/MS assay)
DHEA-sulfate (Dehydroepiandrosterone Sulfate)
Free T3 (Free Triiodothyronine )
PSA (Prostatic Specific Antigen)
FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone)

What about T4? Not sure what else to add.

Been waiting a week now to hear back from Defy after submitting a request for consultation on their website. I am thinking about moving forward with a bloodtest. I think it would be useful to have a comprehensive panel completed since it's now 3 months I'm on androgel. Money is not a concern, getting as large a snapshot as possible is my goal to start on a road to feeling better. Right now, my libido is crap, I suffer a bit of ED, mood is crap, motivation & fatigue are in the toilet. I would like to know what I should test for.

Give them a call. Sometimes things get busy but calling usually gets you someone in my experience.

Wow that is a long time. I contacted Defy Medical last week and recieved a rather large email with many forms to fillout and an hour later they called me to answer any questions I had.
I could not be more please with their customer service so far. Maybe something went wrong when you contacted them.

On your blood test question and additional info:
You will need to get and print out the physical exam form. A blood test will be needed but I would wait until they contact you and let you know what tests they want. They offer a large discount on this blood test compared to what your PCP would charge. Good luck I hope this info helped.

Will Brink

I was on TRT before & stopped to save a few bucks. felt like crap for a couple years. Had blood work done in March before I found this site. I'm sure my doctor isn't an expert on treating this & my blood panel is probably not sufficient, but I would like some feedback & advice on what to do next. Should I stop the Androgel 1.62 & start from scratch with a proper blood test? Get tested again using the right test?

Others have you covered here. Specific to Androgel, simply switching to IM/sub Q injections would save a lot of $ and in the vast majority of feedback I have gotten, Androgel is sub par (read totally sucks to use a science term...) compared to IM/sub Q on all levels for subjective symptoms and rarely gets men to levels they need to feel better via labs.

Hey guys. I took your advice and started with Defy. paid for extensive bloodwork including Prolactin & a few others. not sure what it all means, but prolactin, estradiol, LH & Dihydrotestosterone seem way off. Anyway, I posted it under the proper place for lab result analysis. I would appreciate if you knowledgeable gentlemen would have a look.

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...tradiol-Luteinizing-way-off&p=73098#post73098

With that sky high prolactin you will need a pituitary MRI before your initial consult. I would also encourage rechecking the prolactin one more time to rule out lab error, before we start a treatment for it. Make contact with your intake coordinator at my office and forward this thread including my response.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me