New to TRT, High TT - Lowish FT.

Buy Lab Tests Online

John D.

Hello guys as I wrote in the title I am new to TRT. I'm gonna keep this as short as possible.

I am 32 and I was diagnosed with low T about a year and a half ago. My TT was 320ng/dl. After a lot of thought and a failed attempt to restart my pituitary I did a lot of reasearch, I read a lot of posts in this forum, I talked with 4 doctors and I decided to jump on TRT.

I live abroad so I really don't have access to very well informed doctors but my endo is the best I could find and he also reads this site and is open to suggestions.

I started my TRT 6 months ago and my protocol is:

150mg/pw Test Enathate split into 2 injections.
500 iu's HCG/pw split into 2 injections.
No AI.

The reason I didn't start talking an AI was that me and my doc decided to see how my first bloodwork would look like and then decide if I need it and how much of it I should take.

So my first bloodwork showed:
TT: 1259ng/dl (250-1300)
FT: 18 (8-30)
E2: 65 pg/ml (18-70)

The above is 3.5 days after my 75mg injection. I also don't have access to the sensitive E2 test. My Vit D was also low and I started taking 5.000 Iu's per day. Eveything else was OK.

My doctor says that I probably have a really high SHBG. He said that my TT should have been a bit lower after 3.5 days and my FT should have been higher. We found an online calculator and according to my other values my SHBG must be around 60.

I am now on 0.25 og arimidex twice per week and the rest of my protocol remains the same.

My doctor is thinking to perscribe Proviron (legal in my country) to lower my SHBG and raise my FT and at the same time maybe lower my weekly dose to 125mg per week.

What do you guys think I should do? Is there a protocol more suitable for guys with high SHBG?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Hello guys as I wrote in the title I am new to TRT. I'm gonna keep this as short as possible.

I am 32 and I was diagnosed with low T about a year and a half ago. My TT was 320ng/dl. After a lot of thought and a failed attempt to restart my pituitary I did a lot of reasearch, I read a lot of posts in this forum, I talked with 4 doctors and I decided to jump on TRT.

I live abroad so I really don't have access to very well informed doctors but my endo is the best I could find and he also reads this site and is open to suggestions.

I started my TRT 6 months ago and my protocol is:

150mg/pw Test Enathate split into 2 injections.
500 iu's HCG/pw split into 2 injections.
No AI.

The reason I didn't start talking an AI was that me and my doc decided to see how my first bloodwork would look like and then decide if I need it and how much of it I should take.

So my first bloodwork showed:
TT: 1259ng/dl (250-1300)
FT: 18 (8-30)
E2: 65 pg/ml (18-70)

The above is 3.5 days after my 75mg injection. I also don't have access to the sensitive E2 test. My Vit D was also low and I started taking 5.000 Iu's per day. Eveything else was OK.

My doctor says that I probably have a really high SHBG. He said that my TT should have been a bit lower after 3.5 days and my FT should have been higher. We found an online calculator and according to my other values my SHBG must be around 60.

I am now on 0.25 og arimidex twice per week and the rest of my protocol remains the same.

My doctor is thinking to perscribe Proviron (legal in my country) to lower my SHBG and raise my FT and at the same time maybe lower my weekly dose to 125mg per week.

What do you guys think I should do? Is there a protocol more suitable for guys with high SHBG?

Welcome to Excelmale. How did you "calculate" your SHBG? One calculates free testosterone; what calculator are you referring to? Why didn't you simply draw blood?

Vince

Super Moderator
Since you can't have access to all proper testing. How's your symptoms or how are feeling. I sure wouldn't recommend an AI, without a need.

John D.

Hello, thanks for the reply. We used an online FT calculator. we just entered my TT and then just entered different SHBG values until we reached my FT. I am planning to check my SHBG in 2 weeks to be sure but from what I understand it's probably high.

John D.

Thanks for the reply Vince. My energy is better for sure and I recover much better from workouts. I've always been muscular but I'm seeing changes in my body too. My libido could be a little bit better though. It's better than before TRT but not great.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me