Thread: Doctors in MD ?

Doctors in MD ?

Does anyone have any experience with TRT doctors in Maryland ?

2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Help Excelmale

Defy

We have PrimeBody network doctors in PA and NY fairly close by.
    Would be happy to discuss!

I can 100% recommend MidAtlantic Urology Associates. I use Dr. Melograna.

http://www.mauamd.com/offices/

My health insurance policy covers my treatment. I strongly suggest you set up an appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by geezerjude View Post

My health insurance policy covers my treatment. I strongly suggest you set up an appointment.

Only thing I wonder is do they try to optimize your T levels like a lot of the anti aging clinics ? I've been reading that most doctors and insurance companies won't prescribe replacement unless your under 300. I'm a 497 but I know my quality could improve from being a bit higher.

Not sure what part of MD you come from, but I go to Obsidian mens health in McLean virginia. They will want to see you 2-3 times a year, the rest can be done via phone or email

Quote Originally Posted by Tdizzle View Post
    Only thing I wonder is do they try to optimize your T levels like a lot of the anti aging clinics ? I've been reading that most doctors and insurance companies won't prescribe replacement unless your under 300. I'm a 497 but I know my quality could improve from being a bit higher.
    Dr. Melograna will address your symptoms. I use BCBS and they approved me with 420. If you don't object to paying premium prices anti-aging clinics are the way to go. D.C. has a lot of million dollar a year plus earners. I am not one of them. I searched for a good Urologist that understands TRT and accepts my insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by buggies100 View Post
    Not sure what part of MD you come from, but I go to Obsidian mens health in McLean virginia. They will want to see you 2-3 times a year, the rest can be done via phone or email
    @buggies100 im near baltimore city so northern va is reasonable. if you dont mind me asking, what are the prices like where you go ?

Dr. Melograna will address your symptoms. I use BCBS and they approved me with 420. If you don't object to paying premium prices anti-aging clinics are the way to go. D.C. has a lot of million dollar a year plus earners. I am not one of them. I searched for a good Urologist that understands TRT and accepts my insurance.

that sounds like it is worth checking out, thank you for this info. they actually have a office fairly close to me. so what did the doctor do for you as far as T replacement ? gel, injectibles ?

i am actually in the same position, i am not a very wealthy man and some of these anti aging clinics that are local to me seem to be very expensive. i briefly spoke to someone from one of the site sponsored guys and there program seems to be affordable. no doubt i would have to carefully budget for it but the idea of insurance covering it is appealing.

that sounds like it is worth checking out, thank you for this info. they actually have a office fairly close to me. so what did the doctor do for you as far as T replacement ? gel, injectibles ?
    My TRT protocol is as follows:
    50mg of Testosterone Cypionate injected twice a week. Get the Testosterone from Rite-Aid. $10 copay for a 10ml vial.
    250iu's of HCG injected twice a week. I get this from Wells Pharmacy Network, mail order, $60 for a 10ml vial.
    Anastrozole. 1mg tablets. Get from Rite-Aid. $9 dollar copay for 1 months supply.

I pay $40 copay when I go sit face to face with urologist.
    My insurance pays for all blood work. Quest Diagnostics.

i am actually in the same position, i am not a very wealthy man and some of these anti aging clinics that are local to me seem to be very expensive. i briefly spoke to someone from one of the site sponsored guys and there program seems to be affordable. no doubt i would have to carefully budget for it but the idea of insurance covering it is appealing.
    Absolutely appealing! Anti-aging clinics are outrageously expensive. Up to you to 'try" and get reimbursement from insurance. Good luck with that. It took me 2.5 years to find this Doctor.

However, there really are ALOT of millionaires in DC. Seriously. Many multi-million dollar homes are bought and sold regularly. Many $100K German imports on the road. Anti-aging clinics would not exist here if folks were not paying those prices.

Hello T. At Telthera we see many patients in Maryland as that is where I call home. We have also partnered with ProMD Health which has offices in Baltimore, Annapolis, and Washington, DC. Feel free to email me at Scott@Telthera.com if you'd like help in a more personal fashion or to just discuss various options in the area. Whether you go with Telthera, ProMD Health, or any of the other local Doctors I am happy to help point you in the right direction.

Being active on excelmale is an important first step, I wish all of my patients were as informed, engaged, and knowledgeable as those found here.

Best of Luck

-Scott
    Telthera, LLC

Geezerjude, thanks for being so open and honest with this info. Do you mind me asking what you consider to be outrageously expensive?

Thanks again!

-Scott
    Telthera, LLC

Do they inject you in their office? Or do you take home your meds? Also - do you get HCG?

I live in Maryland, I would recommend Dr Cometa, she is in Huntvalley
    I have been using her for the past 5 years,
    If you need any help let me know

Quote Originally Posted by paralyzer View Post
    Do they inject you in their office? Or do you take home your meds? Also - do you get HCG?
    I inject myself at home. If you want them to inject you I can't imagine they would say no. Not sure though....
    I get Testosterone Cypionate, from Rite Aid, Anastrozole, from Rite Aid, & HCG.
    HCG has to come from a speciality pharmacy or compounding pharmacy. I get my HCG from Wells Pharmacy.

I inject myself at home. If you want them to inject you I can't imagine they would say no. Not sure though....
    I get Testosterone Cypionate, from Rite Aid, Anastrozole, from Rite Aid, & HCG.
    HCG has to come from a speciality pharmacy or compounding pharmacy. I get my HCG from Wells Pharmacy.
    If you don't mind me asking, what are your levels like on you're current protocol? I'm also in the area looking for a second opinion. Do you feel they are thorough with your blood work and what they are checking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim L View Post
    I live in Maryland, I would recommend Dr Cometa, she is in Huntvalley
    I have been using her for the past 5 years,
    If you need any help let me know
    I'd like to know more...what's your current protocol, what are your levels like? Do they test for all of the usual values that are suggested in posts on the forum?

I work with Dr Ariane Cometa and she is super cool and progressive.

https://www.cometawellness.com/dr-ariane-k-cometa/

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson Vergel View Post
    I work with Dr Ariane Cometa and she is super cool and progressive.

https://www.cometawellness.com/dr-ariane-k-cometa/
    Great, do they take insurance?

I would hope that any provider recommended here does all of the appropriate tests haha. I would be happy to have a chat with you if you're looking for a second opinion or in the market for a provider. We don't take insurance for anything other than initial lab testing, but even if you don't want to go with us, our consultations are free and I will gladly offer whatever guidance/input/help I can for free since you're a member of this forum. Even if it's not with Telthera I want you to find a good provider, especially here in Maryland.

Quote Originally Posted by TRTME View Post
    I'd like to know more...what's your current protocol, what are your levels like? Do they test for all of the usual values that are suggested in posts on the forum?
    Thanks,
    Scott
    Telthera

Ok PM sent..

I have been on a program for many years now. I do not inject, using cream, 250-300 mg per day.
    My numbers have been constant, 1050-1250 total and 33 -42 free, free great
    My issue early on was finding good product, I went through 3 different compound labs before I found the best
    All of my results are supported by very consistent blood work. I have been working with Nelson direct for a while now. Thanks to him I was able to optimize my protocol. NELSON is the MAN! I buy all of my products from Empower, they are the best.
    I am blessed to have my Doctor. She is wonderful. The bottom line is TRT is not a magic bullet. You need a solid wellness program, then the TRT takes it to a whole new level
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    Geezerjude, thanks for being so open and honest with this info. Do you mind me asking what you consider to be outrageously expensive?

Thanks again!

-Scott
    Telthera, LLC
    That is a difficult question. Guys with cash will pay out thousands for anti-aging meds. I chose to use my health insurance to cover the costs.

I can tell you what I prefer to pay.

I prefer my $40 copay for office visit, $10 copay for 10ml vial of testosterone cypionate, $50 for a 10ml vial of HCG, and $9 copay for anastrozole. Blood work has no copay. Alcohol wipes, needles, and syringes included. Above quantities last a little over 2 months.
    Last edited by geezerjude; 06-08-2017 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TRTME View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what are your levels like on you're current protocol? I'm also in the area looking for a second opinion. Do you feel they are thorough with your blood work and what they are checking for?
    Absolutely thorough. My current levels are Testosterone Total: 974, Free: 170, E2: 31.

Absolutely thorough. My current levels are Testosterone Total: 974, Free: 170, E2: 31.
    Great, thank you for the info

Just my 2 cents....
    If you are making good money, I consider $125K a year plus good money, have barely adequate health insurance, the clinics discussed here will most likely be your best option.
    If you have GOOD health insurance, Federal, State, County government employees, very large corporations, finding a Urologist and using your health insurance is the way to go.
    It took me 2 plus years to find my current Urologist. I would not have found him had I not joined this Forum!
    This forum is extremely helpful. Nelson's videos are worth every minute of your precious time taken to watch them. Appreciate all who take the time to answer my questions.

Makes a lot of sense. I think it also depends on what level of guidance you want and how often you want to discuss your care. We built unlimited contact into our system, so there's never a fee to speak to someone. Also, I feel a lot of insurance based providers make this only a portion of their work, whereas when you go with a non insurance based HRT specific provider you get their dedicated experience and expertise instead of getting shuffled into a pile with Prostate cancer, BPH, UTI, etc charts for their overworked insurance driven patient load.

I think we tend to forget everything that goes into the "right medication at the right time and via the right route" part of medicine and just look at the sticker price for the drugs. Luckily resources like this allow questions to be addressed and the care to be a little more self managed. So it's not as big of a deal.

-Scott
    Telthera

That is a difficult question. Guys with cash will pay out thousands for anti-aging meds. I chose to use my health insurance to cover the costs.

I can tell you what I prefer to pay.

I prefer my $40 copay for office visit, $10 copay for 10ml vial of testosterone cypionate, $50 for a 10ml vial of HCG, and $9 copay for anastrozole. Blood work has no copay. Alcohol wipes, needles, and syringes included. Above quantities last a little over 2 months.

Just my 2 cents....
    If you are making good money, I consider $125K a year plus good money, have barely adequate health insurance, the clinics discussed here will most likely be your best option.
    If you have GOOD health insurance, Federal, State, County government employees, very large corporations, finding a Urologist and using your health insurance is the way to go.
    It took me 2 plus years to find my current Urologist. I would not have found him had I not joined this Forum!
    This forum is extremely helpful. Nelson's videos are worth every minute of your precious time taken to watch them. Appreciate all who take the time to answer my questions.
    I found another urologist that's within driving distance. They were suggested on this forum so I have an appointment coming up next week. I'll let you all know how it goes. As a side note I'm on day 10, the day of my next injection and so far I've felt fine all week. No huge crash or lack of energy. But its only the first 10 days, after switching from weekly. I assume after a few more weeks on this protocol it would start catching up to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information