Has TRT Caused Thyroid Problems For Me?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Mr MJ

I am at a crossroads in my life where I have all of the symptoms of a failing thyroid. I have been very
satisifed with my HRT of the past 13 years with stable levels of testosterone without the use of an AI. I have been injecting SubQ for the past 2 years which eliminated the use of arimidex. I am now awaiting
a full thyroid/adrenal workup. I am wondering if hrt was a contributing factor or not? I have a clean diet
and have felt pretty good with everything working like clockwork. I am now at a point in my life where
I am wondering if hrt somehow compromised my thyroid? Sorry if this is posted incorrectly.
Mr MJ,

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Mr MJ

I will post my labs when I see the Dr. I have been having cold hands/feet for the past 2 years. Low AM temp average of 97.2 and waking in the middle of the night with severe shivering. I am fatigued beyond belief in the afternoon and I also am experiencing heart palpitations on and off. The heart checks out ok with no problems at all. Depression also at times.
I see the Dr on the 15.

Mr MJ

Back in 2004 when I was first placed on HRT the only test that the Dr did was a TSH test. All through the years I believe that has been the only test that has been done regarding my thyroid. I have never had cold hands/feet or temperature issues ever. I have always had warm hands /feet and no other problems in that area. The only thing that I know that I did change in my diet/health is in 2015 I started taking celery seed extract 1500 mgs a day to help lower my blood pressure. I recently learned that it could of possibly affected my thyroid?

CoastWatcher

Back in 2004 when I was first placed on HRT the only test that the Dr did was a TSH test. All through the years I believe that has been the only test that has been done regarding my thyroid. I have never had cold hands/feet or temperature issues ever. I have always had warm hands /feet and no other problems in that area. The only thing that I know that I did change in my diet/health is in 2015 I started taking celery seed extract 1500 mgs a day to help lower my blood pressure. I recently learned that it could of possibly affected my thyroid?

Absent labs, all we're doing is speculating. It's unfortunate your thyroid wasn't monitored more closely. It seems possible, as I speculate again, that your TSH may well have been "in range," but actually sub-optimal. It's seen here all the time, as long as the value falls within the lab range, no further effort is made to determine just how well the gland is doing. In time, problems present themselves. A full panel, t3, t4, rt3, and thyroid antibodies will give you a more accurate picture.

Mr MJ

Here is what I have so far :

TSH 1.250 [0.450 - 4.50]
Free T4 1.13 [0.82 - 1.77]
Free T3 3.4 [2.0 - 4.4]

Vitamin D 25 Hydroxy 24.2 LOW [ 30 -100]

Iodine 51.2 [40 - 92] {Limit of quantitation} whatever that means?

I also had Candida testing done :

Candida antobodies IgG, IgA, IgM
IgG : 85 High [0- 29]

IgA : 37 High [0 - 9]

IgM : 20 High [0 - 9]

So as far as I can tell it appears that my Vitamin D is deficient and my Iodine levels are low. I don't understand enough about the thyroid levels to interpret them. I also know that when I am out in the sun or take vitamin D I feel a lot better. When I take supplemental iodine I also feel better. I do have what appears to be a mild case of oral thrush? What determines a systemic yeast infection? I am still awaiting results back from my adrenal saliva tests. I see the Dr on the 17 now. Thanks for your help.

Mr MJ

Dr visit on the 17th resulted in me being put on diflucan for 2 weeks due to a systemic candida. My salivary adrenal tests
were all normal and the Dr said my thyroid looked good. He said that HRT did not cause any thyroid or adrenal disorders which put my mind at ease. He was concerned that my Vit D was low but said that time spent in the sun and supplemental D would help bring levels back up. He also said that supplemental iodine once a week is all that would be needed.

I don't see a Thryoid problem, your numbers look pretty good to me, perhaps a little sub optimal for nothing to be treated in my opinion. I would as you're probably going to do already is supplement D3, I suggest 5000iu to start. I have to use 10000 to get to the top of the lab range but you should aim a little lower dose to start.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me