Medical Marijuana Discussion

Buy Lab Tests Online

Will Brink

No matter where you stand on this issue, a topic worth exploration without pre existing bias. I have no doubts there are legit medical uses for various compounds found in Marijuana - some of which are only now being examined in any depth - and it needs to be funded and studies by the NIH and or other major university level labs. Current control status and stigma prevents most medical researchers from touching it, but that appears to be changing. For those interested, some worthwhile resources that may be of value.

The endocannabinoid system for example is a fast emerging area of research. Several compounds found in cannabis (Phytocannabinoids) directly impact this system. The best known of course is Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the most psychoactive of them. Others however appear to have direct effects and benefits, and having no psychoactive effects, such as cannabidiol (CBD) and cannabinol (CBN) which appear to have anti inflammatory and possible anti cancer effects. Various pharma companies are looking into compounds that target receptors in Endocannabinoid System and is an Emerging Target of Pharmacotherapy for a wide range of human diseases.

Info on the endocannabinoid system HERE

Possible studies of interest HERE

This vid series was well done I thought. These are anecdotal discussions with users and med/sci types, but more than compelling enough that we need to move forward with additional legit study and less agenda and bias in my view and separate the topic from those who just want to get stoned from those with legit medical need:

http://www.awetv.com/miraclecure/

If in FL Doc and clinic I'm working with is now licensed for medical marijuana.

- Will @ www.BrinkZone.com

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Tom Larabee

I would think for this group the varietal of Marijuana which increases Libido would be a fascinating study to see if it helps people who have this effect from low T.

Will Brink

I would think for this group the varietal of Marijuana which increases Libido would be a fascinating study to see if it helps people who have this effect from low T.

I didn't know there was a specific varietal known for enhanced libido. So far, been researching the medical aspects, such as pain management, PTSD, etc.

davidrn

I have been using a CBD leaning medical marijuana strain for the past 6 months. I was hoping that my CRP (inflammation levels) would be lower, but recent labs found I was still at 4.3. This is WNL (within normal limits) but no improvement over when I am just taking (only) an immunosuppresants for my Rheumatoid Arthritis. However using a tincture just prior to bedtime, I have found I sleep better thru the night, and I do understand the relationship between sleep and inflammation. I had planned on using this for 3-6 months as an experiment, will continue for another time, hopefully the effects will be of benefit. It is incredible the info online on specific strains and what diseases or issues they can assist with.

Will Brink

A report on a new study looking at indicators of stress: low doses helped with stress, higher doses may make it worse. One of various reasons a medical professional experienced in medical cannabis should be in the loop as with any potentially psycho active compound:

"Our findings provide some support for the common claim that cannabis is used to reduce stress and relieve tension and anxiety.

At the same time, our finding that participants in the higher THC group reported small but significant increases in anxiety and negative mood throughout the test supports the idea that THC can also produce the opposite effect."

Cont:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317777.php?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=gplus

Will Brink

I have been using a CBD leaning medical marijuana strain for the past 6 months. I was hoping that my CRP (inflammation levels) would be lower, but recent labs found I was still at 4.3. This is WNL (within normal limits) but no improvement over when I am just taking (only) an immunosuppresants for my Rheumatoid Arthritis. However using a tincture just prior to bedtime, I have found I sleep better thru the night, and I do understand the relationship between sleep and inflammation. I had planned on using this for 3-6 months as an experiment, will continue for another time, hopefully the effects will be of benefit. It is incredible the info online on specific strains and what diseases or issues they can assist with.

Perhaps increase the dose of the CBD? High dose fish oils help suppress inflammation as do a number of other supps and compounds worth exploring.

I've recently added CBD oil to the few supplements I take. No THC, no high from it. Thus far, only one week, I'm beginning to see some relief from the osteoarthritis that I've had for 20 years.

We all need more education about the uses of cannabis and hemp. The biggest myth is that CBD and hemp will get people high. Far better than the nsaids I occasionally need.

davidrn

By coincidence, I got some labs back yesterday evening, and this thread came back up at same time. I don't know how long an accumulative effect takes for med marijuana, but my past CRP was 4.3, and 4.8 (a year ago about 85), so I was thrilled to see my latest CRP at 0.2. I also use fish oil, and try and eat Turmeric, but I will keep taking what seems to be working.

Will Brink

By coincidence, I got some labs back yesterday evening, and this thread came back up at same time. I don't know how long an accumulative effect takes for med marijuana, but my past CRP was 4.3, and 4.8 (a year ago about 85), so I was thrilled to see my latest CRP at 0.2. I also use fish oil, and try and eat Turmeric, but I will keep taking what seems to be working.

85 to 4.3! Excellent.

davidrn

Well, the 85 to 4.8 level was reached with Chemo drugs for my RA. My rheumatologist was hoping for it to go lower with the serious drugs. It dropped from 4.8 to 4.3 after 4 -5 months of a CBD strain, however that level in March is now down to 0.2, now that drop I am happier with. I also use dandelion and nettle tea, in addition to fish oil and curry.

Blackhawk

Any others on TRT using CBD? I am considering it for PTSD and what's been diagnosed as irritated nerves in my leg. The doc offered a couple anti seizure meds that might help calm the pain signals, but there's no friggin way I am starting neurontin or depakote. I figure CBD might be useful but looking into side effects there is some info stating possible interaction with hormones. Don't want to mess up the TRT program.

And if you use CBD, what form and brand do you like?

Any others on TRT using CBD? I am considering it for PTSD and what's been diagnosed as irritated nerves in my leg. The doc offered a couple anti seizure meds that might help calm the pain signals, but there's no friggin way I am starting neurontin or depakote. I figure CBD might be useful but looking into side effects there is some info stating possible interaction with hormones. Don't want to mess up the TRT program.

I use a brand called Charlotte's Web, and use liquid. One, eye dropper in the morning, one, evening. I have virtually eliminated the need for nsaids, which I needed 2 to 3 times per week. I took 2 ibuprofen in the last month, only because I was getting a migraine. No downside or impact on hormones. THC would maybe, but CBD has no THC and is not psychoactive. No high.

Will Brink

I suspect anyone commenting here using MM and of CBD is on TRT. I'm not aware of specific negative interactions between CBD and TRT, but it's not been well studied either. There are some concerns of Marijuana lowering T (though studies conflict on that), but that's a non issue if on TRT. Maybe docs with clinical experience with CBD and TRT could comment.

I suspect anyone commenting here using MM and of CBD is on TRT. I'm not aware of specific negative interactions between CBD and TRT, but it's not been well studied either. There are some concerns of Marijuana lowering T (though studies conflict on that), but that's a non issue if on TRT. Maybe docs with clinical experience with CBD and TRT could comment.

Good question. I'd think that marijuana tends to lower testosterone because of the THC. CBD oil has virtually no THC, doesn't register on a too screen. I'm on TRT 15 months and CBD oil 2 months. No issues , just good results. If that changes, I'll certainly post something here.

Will Brink

Good question. I'd think that marijuana tends to lower testosterone because of the THC. CBD oil has virtually no THC, doesn't register on a too screen. I'm on TRT 15 months and CBD oil 2 months. No issues , just good results. If that changes, I'll certainly post something here.

If one is already on TRT, it's a moot issue regardless.

davidrn

I believe there are a fair amount of health benefits from many spices, herbs and supplements, stating this, I also see (and have personally benefited from) the pro-health uses of medical marijuana (MMJ). Unfortunately, speaking with an MD is most definitely the same as talking T & E2 with your PCP, They know next to nothing, or worse, have the wrong info. My functional rheumatologist has asked me to keep her updated on MMJ usage, because she works for a leading Univ Hospital, and they have banned the discussion of MMJ by their physicians. She would like to learn more at in-services, but those are not allowed, so I have given her names of strains that effect RA specifically.
There are a fair amount of web sites devoted (mostly by pro pot folks) to strains that effect specific health issues. One thing I have learned is that if decreasing inflammation is a medical goal, then you must include a stronger (disease specific) CBD strain and has a smaller amount of THC with it. I take a tincture at sleep, it has helped me in 2 specific ways: I sleep better (most nights 8 hours sleep now) and it lowered my 4.8 CRP to 0.2 last month.
I would recommend that anyone who has health issues, to spend a short time researching the strains that might effect your own health. Hemp CBD oil is not for me, but is noted to be a safe alternative to NSAIDs.
I request you not consider MMJ unless you have a specific health issue. I tried massage, drugs & supplements, acupuncture, etc before I looked into MMJ. As mentioned, I also am on TRT and it has not had any effect on my labs.

Blackhawk

davidrn,

Why is hemp CBD oil not for you?

I imbibe the slightest bit of MJ only occasionally. I got a med card and experimented with MMJ once it was legal in my state years ago, then grew my own for a few years. THC is just not my thing, makes me paranoid and anxious, but I have found a few specific strains of pure indicas that I can tolerate once the initial anxiety dissipates leaving me relaxed and sleepy. I still don't like the high and anxiety that comes with it, so I have to be in pretty bad shape to resort to using anything with THC. These indicas have been helpful for insomnia and musculoskeletal pain. I am asking about CBD here as I really don't like being high at all.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me