Anybody else having trouble with Empower?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakuraba39

I have to say, this has been the most frustrating interaction with any company I have tried to deal with. I have had to call them 10 times and I get a different issue each time I call.

I got a hold of an actual pharmacist once and she was very helpful, but every CS rep seems to have a different note on my account that has nothing to do with the issue the last one I spoke to.

I have only read good things about them on here which is the only reason I decided to use them. I have a hard time believing that everyone else was required to jump through so many hoops or else I would have read about it.

Among other things I've had to deal with:

1. Their fax machine not getting my fax from the doctor's office, twice
2. "We'll call you when it comes in" - they don't
3. They don't accept electronic faxes from doctors
4. "We'll call you if there's a problem" - they don't
5. "We can't fill this prescription because it's for powdered nandrolone" - yeah, isn't that what you do? Compound powdered substances into injectables?
6. "We can't fill that prescription because your doctor called for 10ml and we only dispense 5ml" - Send 2 5ml, IDK?
7. Finally, everything seemed OK, then they tell me that they're out and won't have more for another week. Call back later.
8. I wait a few days to call back and I get "We can't fill that order because we need billing information from your doctor" - WTF? You're billing me, not my doctor
9. "We'll call you back when it's in stock" - right, like all the other times you called back.

Has anyone else undergone something like this? Between every issue I listed there was at least a day in-between contact. They've never contacted me for any issue and every time I call there is a complication that seemingly didn't exist the previous call.

My doctor's office is already tired of dealing with them. They've faxed 4 Rx and had two nurses call already.

They have the lowest prices on ND, but this is sure an unprofessional way to go about things.

Thanks for your indulgence.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Sounds like you're very unhappy with their customer service. If I had that many problems with a company I would move on. I'm sure there are other compound pharmacies that may suit your needs.

Sakuraba39

That's the thing, Vince, this has been the most recommended pharmacy that I've come across. It's also, as far as I know, the most fairly priced (and that is an issue). If this is the "best" compounding pharmacy, what are the others going to be like?

My doctor has their own company that they deal with, but their prices are 50% more than Empower. Over the course of a year out more, that's a significant savings.

I'm just trying to find out if anyone else has had such issues and if there's a way to deal with them. I have not yet asked to speak to a manager/supervisor, if one exists, but if the next call replicates similar issues I will have no choice.

I have been having issues with CVS Speciality Pharmacy and my prescription for HCG. They have been charging me $55 for a 10ml vial for months. Now the decide to triple the price!

I have had good luck with Wells Pharmacy out of Florida.

May switch back if I can't sort things out with Manager of FEP Program at CVS Speciality Pharmacy.

Sakuraba39

Yeah, I understand. I wish we could get some stability with supply, pharmacies and laws. My Dr's in-house pharm charges +/- $110. for 10ml x 12,000 of HCG. I don't mind all that much as it's reconstituted and I don't take that much. 10ml will last me around 6 months. I will draw all the HCG into syringes and freeze the ones that I will not use in a month.

I will definitely ask for a manager/supervisor when I call next week. I'm hesitant to ask for them to get in touch with another pharm as Empower was the most recommended and I fear that another pharm might be even worse.

Reminds me of another pharm I used to try and deal with, I ended up not able to work with them, I was trying to file claims on my insurance on my own for reimbursement and getting them to work with me was much the same experience, CS was a total disaster. Too bad to hear that about Empower.

I thought Empower had a rep on EM?

captain

I had the same problems with Empower. You call to see if they received the prescription and they say they didn't. You call the doctor to see what's going on and they sent it. Then you get into reordering and find out they did get the order before after all.

The best thing is to set up a ups my choice so you know when your stuff ships and you don't need them to tell you because they wont. You can call Empower and check and half the time it's shipped and they don't see it in the system.

The doctor says they are having growing pains.

Vince

Super Moderator
All my TRT meds go through Defy Medical, they send the orders to Empower. So I never had any issues. Other meds I get though other pharmacies, I get emails from them. Confirming my orders and telling me when they are sent.

user_joe

I've not had these issues. They've been great. If I read between the lines I think its miscommunication between your dr office and empower. I'm sure they are used to doing things a certain way. My doc deals with them everyday. I'm guessing that's the difference. The 10ml prescription for example would be the dr fault.

Vin

I agree that empower has better packaging compared to Hallandale Pharmacy.. I also like that my hCG is in one vile instead of split up into two.. it seemed like I was a little bit short on my TRT from Hallandale.. (if we truly are to make it through week 14 with defy., seems like it's off for me anyway.. and I've pulled to the exact as stated to do) I guess I'm fortunate that I just received my refill today from Empower Pharm..

I'm assuming others are now receiving from Empower pharm now if with defty medical instead of Hallandale..

have a good week everyone!

Sakuraba39

I should have updated this thread sooner. Thanks to Vince Carter, I was able to contact the owner and things eventually got worked out. Thanks, also, to Shaun Noorian (Empower's owner) for moving things along and following up with me via private messaging.

It seems that there was a discrepancy between the way my doctor's office is used to doing business/Rxs and the way Empower does them. I got lost in the shuffle for a couple of weeks, but now that I am in the system all should work well in the future.

I should have updated this thread sooner. Thanks to Vince Carter, I was able to contact the owner and things eventually got worked out. Thanks, also, to Shaun Noorian (Empower's owner) for moving things along and following up with me via private messaging.

It seems that there was a discrepancy between the way my doctor's office is used to doing business/Rxs and the way Empower does them. I got lost in the shuffle for a couple of weeks, but now that I am in the system all should work well in the future.

What's not to like when the owner cares enough about customer service to get involved directly and remedy an issue. One of several reasons Empower is top notch among compounding pharmacies.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I have never has any problems whatsoever with Empower. They are super generous with supplies like syringes and alcohol swabs. They also include instructions for each product. Most compounding pharmacies do not provide supplies for free.

Most compounding pharmacies are not surviving the avalanche of new FDA regulations. I am glad Empower started from scratch in a new location to comply with them.

Sakuraba39

rhino, I don't believe that they sent me a tracking number either. However, I have accounts with both UPS and FedEx (they're free) and any time a package is headed to my address I get updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale