IGF-1 Level: Cause for Concern?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Eddard

Current protocol: 40mg Test C three times per week. 250iu HCG three times per week. DHEA/Pregnenolone 25/15.

I'm 39 years old. 5'7" 185 pounds. Low body fat. Started TRT last October when I tested at 315 on labcorp's scale.

Attached are my last set of labs (from February). Pretty happy with them and feel pretty dialed in. You will note my IGF-1 was 332 (83-233). I included IGF-1 because I wanted to start a discussion about Sermorelin if it were low.

Is 332 super high? I'm not complaining about it; just wondering why it could be so high (I understand the reference ranges could be too low, but not sure). The doctor asked me if I have been taking any peptides from research chemical sites, which I have not. Are there any risks to a naturally high IGF-1?

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• IMG_4536.jpg
    IMG_4536.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_4538.jpg
    IMG_4538.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_4537.jpg
    IMG_4537.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_4539.jpg
    IMG_4539.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

A quick question - no downside, in how you feel, with your estradiol running high? That's genuine interest, not a criticism or veiled suggestion.

Eddard

Had a detailed discussion about E2 levels my last consultation. I'm not really having any problematic symptoms, so we agreed to wait it out until my next labs (in May) to see where we are at and make a decision at that point. I've been taking DIM, and I know guys say it's placebo. I can say, anecdotally, that since taking it I have not nipple sensitivity at all, and before taking it I did get some on occasion. No labs to demonstrate its effectiveness, though. Will have labs in about a month so we'll see where we're at.

1 I'd consider myself forutate if my IGF-1 was high, I'm not aware of any downsides to that. At worst maybe a pituitary issue to discuss with your Dr?

You will note my IGF-1 was 332 (83-233). I included IGF-1 because I wanted to start a discussion about Sermorelin if it were low.

Is 332 super high? I'm not complaining about it; just wondering why it could be so high (I understand the reference ranges could be too low, but not sure). The doctor asked me if I have been taking any peptides from research chemical sites, which I have not. Are there any risks to a naturally high IGF-1?

Thanks guys.

I honestly think I would re-test my IGF-1 level if it were that high. I'm thinking maybe a lab error? If that turns out being your true IGF-1 level, you obviously don't need any Sermorelin. Af for the risks involved with a naturally high IGF-1...I really don't know. Normally, guys your age are watching their IGF-1 start to decline.

Eddard

I honestly think I would re-test my IGF-1 level if it were that high. I'm thinking maybe a lab error? If that turns out being your true IGF-1 level, you obviously don't need any Sermorelin. Af for the risks involved with a naturally high IGF-1...I really don't know. Normally, guys your age are watching their IGF-1 start to decline.

Yes. Looking forward to what the May labs show.

Yes. Looking forward to what the May labs show.
Old thread but any update to this? I have an elevated IGF-1, 294 at 33 years old. I made the mistake of googling and now I think I have acromegaly... Of course I'll see a doctor, but does anyone know what IGF levels become concerning?

MensHealth

Sometimes you can see an increase in IGF1 when T levels are increased. So I really wouldn't be worried. If you want to look at pituitary function ask for a Prolactin to be ran. All men in our clinic have that ran to rule out a Prolactinoma. Rare but we have still found some. Optimal Estradiol is 20-30. The idea T:E ratio is between 40:1 - 50:1. Your ratio currently is only 20:1. What was your T:E ratio when you started therapy? Most men in our clinic are coming in between a 10:1 - 20:1 ratio. We are always trying to improve that ratio. At the end of the day though all that matters are your symptoms though. Just don't bottom out your Estradiol.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me