TRT can delay CKD

Buy Lab Tests Online

Will Brink

interesting finding here, TRT delay progression of chronic kidney disease:

Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) may delay progression of chronic kidney disease (CKD) and lower the risk of death in men with hypogonadism, new findings presented at the National Kidney Foundation's 2017 Spring Clinical Meetings suggest.

Archana Goel, MD, of the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Kansas City, Missouri, and colleagues analyzed data from a large cohort of veterans diagnosed with low total testosterone (TT). The investigators divided patients into 2 groups: those treated and who had normalization of TT (38,708 men) and those who were not treated (9755 men) and continued to have low TT. The treated and untreated groups had follow-up times of 6.1 and 5.1 years, respectively.

The groups did not differ significantly in the number of days until patients had a 30% or greater increase in serum creatinine or doubling of serum creatinine from baseline, the investigators reported in a poster presentation. The treated group, however, showed a significant delay in the progression of CKD as measured by days to serum creatinine increases of 1.5 or higher and 3.0 mg/dL or higher. TRT delayed the time to end-stage renal disease (ESRD), as defined by a serum creatinine level greater than 6.0 mg/dL) by 284 days and time to death by 328 days. Compared with the untreated men, the treated men had a 24% decreased risk of ESRD and 25% decreased risk of death.

Dr Goel's group concluded that “TRT does not associate with significant disadvantages at earlier stages of CKD, but rather a significant decrease and delay in all-cause mortality and delay in progression toward ESRD.”

Cont:

http://www.renalandurologynews.com/...pJobID=1001805288&spReportId=MTAwMTgwNTI4OAS2

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Sakuraba39

Glad to see something positive about testosterone coming from the VA. I know that every 6 months or so I have to be prepared to defend my current usage/dosage. :(

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me