Interval Training Superior to Others in Improving Muscle in Aging People

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Damn...I hate interval training but these data are very compelling on the advantage of interval training in improving mitochondria function. Time to reconsider my resistance exercise only program.

..."But more unexpected results were found in the biopsied muscle cells. Among the younger subjects who went through interval training, the activity levels had changed in 274 genes, compared with 170 genes for those who exercised more moderately and 74 for the weight lifters. Among the older cohort, almost 400 genes were working differently now, compared with 33 for the weight lifters and only 19 for the moderate exercisers.

Many of these affected genes, especially in the cells of the interval trainers, are believed to influence the ability of mitochondria to produce energy for muscle cells; the subjects who did the interval workouts showed increases in the number and health of their mitochondria — an impact that was particularly pronounced among the older cyclists"

The Best Exercise for Aging Muscles

Here is a simple HIIT session in a 39 second video:

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

jesl

Banned
I really like that kind of training! High-intensity interval training are really worth doing! I personally do elliptical workout as I think it's much productive than others. High intensity interval training activates your metabolism and can burn large amounts of calories in short of calories in a short time leading to fat loss

Nashtide

I have tried all manner of interval training. I've had the most fun and best results from boxing or more specifically, from heavy bag training. Scorches fat and gets an incredible sweat going. Also great for stress relief! I literally have to eat more to prevent too much weight loss.

BigTex

I wanted to include a graph from a study an associate did on high intensity. Guess what, resistance training is also considered a type of interval training because periods of high intensity are combined with periods of low intensity. This graph compares high intensity (resistance training) with aerobic training.

Maia P Smith, Independent cardioprotective effects of resistance and aerobic exercise training in adults, European Journal of Preventive Cardiology, Volume 27, Issue 19, 1 December 2020, Pages 2226–2228, Independent cardioprotective effects of resistance and aerobic exercise training in adults

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me