Do I qualify for TRT? - I'm in Range But Have All the Symptoms

Buy Lab Tests Online

BD88

Hey guys,

I've been experiencing low T symptoms (fatigue, low libido, brain fog, mood swings, low mood [not depression but just "not feeling right"], difficulty sleeping among others) so I decided to get my T checked. I'm 29 and had it done right when I woke up at 8:15 AM, my total was 511 and my free (direct) was 10.1. I found this forum by google search and saw many of you use Defy. I was thinking about setting up an appointment with them but I don't want to pay money and waste their clinic's time if I'm not a good candidate to be treated. Does Defy tend to aim treatment based on patient symptoms or do my lab values disqualify me from possible treatment? I'm sorry if this has been answered before but I couldn't find anything similar enough to my case.

Thank you so much! In case you're wondering, here are the rest of my hormones:

Total T: 511 (348-1197)
Free T: 10.1 (9.3-26.5)
LH: 2.7 (1.7-8.6)
FSH: 1.6 (1.5-12.4)
Estradiol: 26.4 (7.6-42.6)

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
For a good conversation we like to see labs can you screenshot or attach what you have? Or atleast edit your post to show the lab ranges. I'd like to see the lab value for this one:
Free T: 10.1

Also, around here "normal across the board" usually isn't the case. For instance a TSH of 4.5 will show up as "normal" on a lab report, but it's far from good and needs more tests/treatment.

BD88

Thanks for the response!

I edited the post to show values, as well as the other tests I received. My order didn't include a thyroid panel unfortunately, is this something I would need prior to contacting them? Again, thank you for your patience!

BD88

I take no medicine, have no medical conditions, eat a relatively good diet (no fast food, good mix of meat and veggies, don't eat any junk food or sodas), sleep ~8 hours a night. Exercise 5-6 days a week.

Edit: And by medicine I'm including OTC meds and supplements. Thanks!

As I thought, your Free T is very low which could account for your symptoms. Some of the better clinics will treat Free T, I think Defy would be a good choice since you're already thinking about it.

BD88

That's so great to hear! I'm excited that I may finally have an answer to my symptoms.

I may want to get it drawn one more time before I set up an appointment (just to confirm). Do you know what a "normal" number would have been? Like, if I get a free T of 13-14 on my next draw would that preclude me?

Thank you guys again for answering my questions, it means so much to me. I'd say "you have no idea" how much this means to me but I'm sure you do :)

The good Drs like Dr Saya will consider treating your Free T and your accompanying symptoms as opposed to whatever your TT is sitting at. When you look at your free T and the range consider that your almost near the very bottom and would ideally, with treatment, but at the upper end if not a little over. You would probably need a miraculous improvement to get there as you are now. You're less than 1 full point from being at the bottom of the lab range.

mopes

I was in a very similar situation to you, mid range t but very low free t. Started trt about 13 months ago after many years of research and multiple doctors telling me I was "normal". One of the best decisions I've ever made. Changed my life. I'm 36.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me