Are AI's Being Prescribed More Often?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Zooka15

Is it me or doesn't it seem more people starting TRT are on a AI . Not just on this forum but others as well. Is there some research I may have missed? AI is just seeming very common now.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
yes it's noticeable, blanket inclusion of an AI right from the beginning, I expect it from most places but it seems to be an uptick from our lead clinic which is what bothers me, I know there is new medical staff and that's what I see that the AI use and new staff coincide.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Doctors are doing it since patients are demanding it. Most men on forums are obsessed about estradiol. My videos and articles really have accomplished nothing to change that wrong trend.

Weasel

Doctors are doing it since patients are demanding it. Most men on forums are obsessed about estradiol. My videos and articles really have accomplished nothing to change that wrong trend.

I was one of those patients, I saw Sensitive e2 get into the high 40's and freaked out. BUt in reality if i left it be for a few weeks, I felt way better. For the past couple months, ive just left e2 be. Probably in the high 40's or low 50's.

I;ve been sleeping way better, along with stronger erections and sex drive.

I would think that you're spot on and add that I do think at least it's not being overdosed in some instances, it's small doses that *shouldn't cause anyone a real problem.

I'm brand new to injectable testosterone, after having been on gels for several years, and I was prescribed a low dose AI to start. In my case, my estrogen level as tested by the sensitive test was high at 40, and I was having strange itchy sensations on the pectoral areas, so a starting dose of 0.125mg 2X per week of Anastrozole was given to try. The injectable T dose is going to be stronger than what I was taking with gels, so in my case, I think the Dr was reasonable to start me at that low dose of AI.

Vince

Super Moderator

I've learned so much from you and ExcelMale.
Too many men try to blame their issues on estradiol, even before they get tested.

Last edited:

cja

It would be nice to hear some stories of guys that were on a AI that either felt better taking it or by stopping it.

I went through something like this. I felt as if my E2 had crashed, I was taking .22mg of arimidex e3.5d. I called my Dr, they ordered E2 test and as soon as I gave the bloods, I stopped the arimidex. I felt better after 3 days, and got libido back, though I noticed I was bloated. So my blood work comes back and while on the arimidex my E2 was at 48. I was then told to take .22mg arimidex M-W-F. Since starting this, the bloat has went away, libido comes and goes though it seems to be gone most than it is around. I havent done blood work yet, but I do think I feel a little better overall, comparing to when E2 was at 48. I honestly think my T levels are too high right now, even more so since taking more of the arimidex. Total was 1130, Free was 24.5 while E2 was 48. Since less is being converted now, I am sure T levels are even higher.

Weasel

It would be nice to hear some stories of guys that were on a AI that either felt better taking it or by stopping it.

I believe anytime e2 is changing, up or down, I get nipple sensations. If I give it month or so, and let it level out, I begin to feel better. Libdido and especially ability are much better without an AI than with. Even if that means e2 sits at 50ish. interestinly, when e2 is lets say 20, I also get nipple sensations which makes people think that e2 is high. When in fact, it low for them.

My theory anyway.

I feel wonderful and have all the trt benefits if I don't use AI, whenever I tried to keep my e2 in range I felt like trt isn't working.. so I don't care anymore if my e2 is in 50's because I feel best with higher e2.. Like night and day difference

Weasel

I feel wonderful and have all the trt benefits if I don't use AI, whenever I tried to keep my e2 in range I felt like trt isn't working.. so I don't care anymore if my e2 is in 50's because I feel best with higher e2.. Like night and day difference

What Dosage are you using? HCG?

I feel better since quitting hcg and AI and just going back to T only. 140mg week EOD dosing.

psaufan

When I was on pellets, I was put on Arimidex for four weeks...not noticeable improvement or decline.

One interesting side effect was a loss of sensitivity of the penis. It started approx four days after I started taking and the issue went away in the same amount of time after I stopped taking it.

Took way toooooo long to orgasm in Arimidex.

Anyone else have this issue?

JakeH

When I was on pellets, I was put on Arimidex for four weeks...not noticeable improvement or decline.

One interesting side effect was a loss of sensitivity of the penis. It started approx four days after I started taking and the issue went away in the same amount of time after I stopped taking it.

The loss of sensitivity of the penis is the only negative I can, with some confidence, attribute to Arimidex, and it is my least tolerable, since ED was the issue that led me to discover low-t and start treatment.

Yes!! Makes sex or blowjob not even enjoyable. Feels really numb down there

I dont know the correlation for Asnastrozole/Estrogen, but penile sensitivity issues and/or delayed orgasm, or none at all, are not uncommon in this group.

Vince

Super Moderator

Join DateSep 2013LocationHouston, Texas, United StatesPosts7,002

Originally Posted by Weasel
If you research some on Nelson's posts. I believe there is an article/study that found e2 being to low actually stores fat at a greater rate than higher e2.

Try a clean diet.

Weaser is right.

STUDY LOOKING AT THE EFFECT OF ESTRADIOL ON FAT MASS, SEX DRIVE AND ERECTILE FUNCTION

There was a recently published groundbreaking study about the role of estradiol in men. No optimal ranges of estradiol were noted but low levels were associated with increase fat and decrease in sexual desire and erectile function compared to higher levels (the highest average estradiol was 35 pg/ml unfortunately, so no conclusions can be made for levels above this).

Men had their hormones blocked by a gonadotropin releasing hormone antagonist. All of them then received testosterone supplementation with Androgel. Half were also treated with anastrozole to block estradiol conversion from the testosterone. Please refer to attached graphs.

All participants (Cohorts 1 and 2) received goserelin acetate (Zoladex, AstraZeneca), at a dose of 3.6 mg subcutaneously at weeks 0, 4, 8, and 12, to suppress endogenous gonadal steroids (testosterone and estradiol). All participants (Cohort 1 and 2) were then randomly assigned to receive 0 g (placebo), 1.25 g, 2.5 g, 5 g, or 10 g of a topical 1% testosterone gel (AndroGel, Abbott Laboratories) daily for 16 weeks. Participants in cohort 2 also received anastrozole (Arimidex, AstraZeneca) at a dose of 1 mg daily to block the aromatization of testosterone to estrogen. Participants were unaware of the study group assignments.

Findings:

Higher blood levels of testosterone decreased the percentage of body fat (P = 0.001), intra abdominal fat area (P = 0.021), and subcutaneous fat area (P = 0.029), and increased sexual desire (P = 0.045) and erectile function (P = 0.032).

Low blood level of estradiol was associated with significant increases in the percentage of body fat (P<0.001), subcutaneous fat area (P<0.001), and intra abdominal fat area (P = 0.002), and relative less improvement in sexual desire (P<0.001) and erectile function (P = 0.022). These findings provide additional evidence of an independent effect of estradiol on these variables.

"Our finding that estrogens have a fundamental role in the regulation of body fat and sexual function, coupled with evidence from prior studies of the crucial role of estrogen in bone metabolism, indicates that estrogen deficiency is largely responsible for some of the key consequences of male hypogonadism and suggests that measuring estradiol might be helpful in assessing the risk of sexual dysfunction, bone loss, or fat accumulation in men with hypogonadism. For example, in men with serum testosterone levels of 200 to 400 ng per deciliter, sexual desire scores decreased by 13% if estradiol levels were 10 pg per milliliter or more and by 31% if estradiol levels were below 10 pg per milliliter. "
Reference:

Gonadal Steroids and Body Composition, Strength, and Sexual Function in Men
N Engl J Med 2013;369:1011-22.​

cja

The loss of sensitivity of the penis is the only negative I can, with some confidence, attribute to Arimidex, and it is my least tolerable, since ED was the issue that led me to discover low-t and start treatment.

Yes!! Makes sex or blowjob not even enjoyable. Feels really numb down there

That is what causes this? I think it kills libido too, when I came off of armidex (on my own) within 4 days libido had started to return. Back on the AI now, even taking more than before, and yeah I can confirm sensitivity has suffered and takes much longer to "finish".

franksepe

Sensitivity loss and taking long time to orgasm are exact symptoms of low e2. It happens to me. But its the tell tale signs of low e2.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me