Testosterone Testing: Am I "Normal?"

Buy Lab Tests Online

thesuperdad

I went to my PCP for my annual physical.

I am 44 years old and feel pretty good most of the time...occasionally tired but I work and workout a ton.
Good sex drive...no erection issues.

So I did ask my Doctor to check my testosterone level and she only checked my total testosterone level.
The results came back at 401.1 ng/dl with a reference range of 175-781 ng/dl

I read online that was way way low for someone my age....but the reference range of that test was 250-1200.

I called my PCP and she said I was absolutely fine. That my test put me middle of the reference range and if I had taken that other test with the different reference range...it would have been 300 points higher so not to worry.
She said not to worry about the number but be happy I am the middle for the reference range.

I just wanted some confirmation that being in the higher than middle of the reference range was more significant than the number because the reference range was so different and may have been a different testing method.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I think the test result is the test result, doesn't matter that I know of what the ref range listed is.

"That my test put me higher than the middle of the reference range and if I had taken that other test with the different reference range...it would have been 300 points higher so not to worry."

...you're Dr is very ignorant.

CoastWatcher

Both Sean and Vince Carter raised excellent points. Don't intervene given the fact that you wrote that you "feel pretty good most of the time...occasionally tired but I work and workout a ton. Good sex drive...no erection issues." At the same time...your doctor's certainly, at best, cavalier.

lcvl

Before I started TRT my Total T was slightly above 500. My Free T was really, really low though, and I had all the related symptoms.

lanky

Hi, I think if you are feeling ok most of the time, you are probably in good shape.. have a look at the things on my post https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...at-to-Test-Check&p=69102&viewfull=1#post69102
I think you should go get a full screen of blood tests, I find it difficult trying to coax full tests out of doctors they never do all the tests I require. I wish I lived in the USA you can take control of your health far more easily tests are fast and easy to get.
If you are not feeling right... go investigate it, get a full blood profile at least you will have it as base levels to start from.
Your profile says you are super dad, make sure you are getting enough sleep. Missing out on sleep kills your T. levels so maybe try to look at that.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching