No Drive, Energy...Life-Long Problem...TRT Not Helping

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sloth

Hello everyone!

I'm getting desperate trying to find a solution to my life-long problems, so I'm posting this here hoping that maybe someone might give me some ideas and/or solutions.

A little back story: I'm 33, but ever since my early teenage years, I had major problems with lack of energy, motivation etc. Even simply going out of bed in the morning has always been a problem. Then a bit more than a year ago I thought that I finally found a solution (TRT), but after being on it for the past 6 months, I only see minimal improvement.

Following advice and instructions of an anti-aging doctor, I also have my diet in check (fully for the past 6 months, but even before that my diet was very good for another 2 years or so - only fresh and organic food). But also no improvement at all ...

I'm also taking loads of supplements: Vitamin D, Zinc, Magnesium, Omega 3, Vitamin B-Complex, Boron, multi-vitamin, Iron, Shilajit, Ginseng, you name it ... But nothing helps at all, no matter what I take, I don't even feel any real difference whatsoever.

I even took a high (100mg) dose of Pregnenolone for a couple weeks, strangely didn't even feel a thing (this, along with TRT, makes me think my main problems might not be too hormone-related).

My TRT protocol: 200mg Cyp per week, EOD (around 57mg per subq injection), HCG 200iu EOD, 0.125mg Arimidex EOD.
I started at 100mg per week, but had a high SHBG, after switching to 200mg, my SHBG now normalized. But again, I don't really feel anything.

Does anyone have any ideas of what could help me?

Thanks and regards,
Sloth

P.s.: Some blood-work results:
Total T: 9.64 ng/ml (2.41 - 8.27)
SHBG: 30.55 nmol/l (14.7 - 44.9)
DHT: 616 pg/ml (300 - 850)
TSH: 1.28 mIU/L (0.35 - 4.94)
T4: 16.46 pmol/L (9.01 - 19.05)
T3: 4.23 pmol/L (2.63 - 5.70)
TPSA: 1.168 &#956;g/L (< 4.0)
Estradiol: 26 ng/L (11-44)
DHEA-S: 12.6 &#956;mol/L (4.6 - 16.1)
Prolactin: 11.66 (3.46 - 19.4)
Cortisol: 308.4 nmol/L (101.2-535-7)

P.p.s.: I'm going to push to get a sleep study done, but I really don't think that's the problem as sleeping is the one thing I never seemed to have issues with.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I dont think anything stands out to me except that you appear to not be getting the correct Estradiol tests, this should be the (Ultra) Sensitive LC/MS/MS test which is for males, other tests are for females and will ofter overestimate E. But I would tend to agree that with the numbers you have it may not be hormonal. Thyroid looks OK to me. If you look at Cortisol again, request the 4 tube saliva test.

Will Brink

Hello everyone!

I'm getting desperate trying to find a solution to my life-long problems, so I'm posting this here hoping that maybe someone might give me some ideas and/or solutions.

A little back story: I'm 33, but ever since my early teenage years, I had major problems with lack of energy, motivation etc. Even simply going out of bed in the morning has always been a problem. Then a bit more than a year ago I thought that I finally found a solution (TRT), but after being on it for the past 6 months, I only see minimal improvement.

What were your numbers prior to TRT? People usually look for a physical solution to what may be an emotional/psychological issue also. When I don't see anything obviously out of spec, additional tests and perhaps a visit with a therapist to explore emotional aspects warranted. You wouldn't believe the years and decades spent by people searching for physical causes to what ended up being physical manifestations of psychological phenomena.

- Will @ www.BrinkZone.com

Sloth

Sorry for late response, had some issues replying, but solved now.
Where do you live? I'm not sure I understand - did you see an initial improvement w/TRT, only for it to fade, or was it of no real value?
I'm from a small European country, so my options are quite limited.

I only really saw improvement in the most general areas - morning erections and some added muscle mass, combined with lost fat. But I don't feel any real improvement at all in my energy, motivation, drive etc., so mentally everything is the same. I didn't really feel anything at any point.

Oh, anxiety did improve somewhat.
I dont think anything stands out to me except that you appear to not be getting the correct Estradiol tests, this should be the (Ultra) Sensitive LC/MS/MS test which is for males, other tests are for females and will ofter overestimate E. But I would tend to agree that with the numbers you have it may not be hormonal. Thyroid looks OK to me. If you look at Cortisol again, request the 4 tube saliva test.
I don't think I can get one here, unfortunately. Just the basic estradiol test ...

I'm going to do the daily saliva test.
What were your numbers prior to TRT? People usually look for a physical solution to what may be an emotional/psychological issue also. When I don't see anything obviously out of spec, additional tests and perhaps a visit with a therapist to explore emotional aspects warranted. You wouldn't believe the years and decades spent by people searching for physical causes to what ended up being physical manifestations of psychological phenomena.

- Will @ www.BrinkZone.com
Testosterone was at 3.34, for example, with SHBG at the top of the range (42, with referenced range 14.7 - 44.9). It was extremely difficult for me to put on any mass, which did improve now. Same with erections.

The thing is, there wasn't any period (no matter how brief) of time during the past 2 decades where I had any real energy, drive or motivation. If it was emotional/psychological, wouldn't there at least be moments of improvement during such a long period? It's very possible it's something in the brain, though.

Any ideas on how to solve that and/or what might help?

I've been to so many doctors over the years with no results that I really don't want to go there again without some concrete ideas I can present them with.

Will Brink

I'm going to do the daily saliva test.

Testosterone was at 3.34, for example, with SHBG at the top of the range (42, with referenced range 14.7 - 44.9). It was extremely difficult for me to put on any mass, which did improve now. Same with erections.

The thing is, there wasn't any period (no matter how brief) of time during the past 2 decades where I had any real energy, drive or motivation. If it was emotional/psychological, wouldn't there at least be moments of improvement during such a long period? It's very possible it's something in the brain, though.

Any ideas on how to solve that and/or what might help?

Similar to seeing an MD for a workup and blood tests. Talking with a professional for assessment can be very helpful in that regards. Depression etc can be very pervasive and cause a long list of problems and by far the most overlooked aspect by most. When I had a PT biz, I referred a good % of people to two psychologists I knew.

I've been to so many doctors over the years with no results that I really don't want to go there again without some concrete ideas I can present them with.

Process of elimination. Thyroid, various low level viral infections, chronic fatigue syndrome, continued tweaking of TRT, etc.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me