Clomid or Testosterone - Please Advise

Buy Lab Tests Online
Injecting testosterone only once, is not the same as getting dialed in. You need adjustment time, your body will feel different because your hormones will be adjusting to the new levels.

I agree but I don't know if it wd symptoms or low t they are almost identical! The Ativan messed me up. i had some trouble urinating like normal this am. It is normal to have an enlarged prostate?!?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

I agree but I don't know if it wd symptoms or low t they are almost identical! The Ativan messed me up. i had some trouble urinating like normal this am. It is normal to have an enlarged prostate?!?
One episode of urinary challenge? A digital recital exam will answer the question of whether your prostate is enlarged.

ok I saw a different endo two days and and she suggested clomid instead of t replacement! I've had three injections so far at 140. She said that is too high of a dose to start out with. Is it too late to turn away from t injections and start on clomid she wants me to do it 3 times a weeks and week?!?! She also ordered iron tests and testosterone level tests as well. What should I do? I am very confused! Please advise!

If administered under the direction of an experienced doctor, Clomid can work very well. Not always, but it very well might.

My brain fog and headaches have gone way down since being on trt but I feel amped up and sleeping has been a problem. Could this be to too much t being injected?

What would a good cross over protocol be? She told me to wait a week from my last injection and start with 50 mg eod!!

Vince

Super Moderator
My brain fog and headaches have gone way down since being on trt but I feel amped up and sleeping has been a problem. Could this be to too much t being injected?

What would a good cross over protocol be? She told me to wait a week from my last injection and start with 50 mg eod!!

At age 33, I would think a restart would be better choice.

Julian

What do you think about starting clomid? I think was low testosterone to very stressful situation! Would clomid help restore my levels??

my doc mention that clomid is ok but could not be taken for more than a year.
sorry to see that you are going thru a lot, it seem that you are making things worse by scaring yourself. I read an article once that you can actually think yourself sick.

you are young and would look for other options. I am still new to this as I have been on TRT for almost a year and it took me a while to start. this forum has help me a lot and wish I would of found this place 1st before starting TRT.

MY last doc never troubleshoot the problem. after lab results which his(my Doc. now) were way much lower than my previous test result from 2 other doctors.

after reading more I wish my Doctor would had troubleshoot my problem. what's causing me to have low T. Are my testicles working properly or is my gland being suppress therefore the signal is not there. who knows now. I wish he would of suggested to jump start my production with HCG and Clomid or even with a combination of peptides that stimulate your pituitary gland but no, he went straight to suggesting Test Cypionate 200mg. TRT should be the last option but NO! the pharma business is to big and making to much money to fix you the right way so read on here, do your own research and no one knows your body better than you.

Thank you all for your reply! I think I'm going to with the clomid at low dose to see what happens! She said she would always prescribe me with t if I wanted at anytime!

CoastWatcher

my doc mention that clomid is ok but could not be taken for more than a year.
sorry to see that you are going thru a lot, it seem that you are making things worse by scaring yourself. I read an article once that you can actually think yourself sick.

you are young and would look for other options. I am still new to this as I have been on TRT for almost a year and it took me a while to start. this forum has help me a lot and wish I would of found this place 1st before starting TRT.

MY last doc never troubleshoot the problem. after lab results which his(my Doc. now) were way much lower than my previous test result from 2 other doctors.

after reading more I wish my Doctor would had troubleshoot my problem. what's causing me to have low T. Are my testicles working properly or is my gland being suppress therefore the signal is not there. who knows now. I wish he would of suggested to jump start my production with HCG and Clomid or even with a combination of peptides that stimulate your pituitary gland but no, he went straight to suggesting Test Cypionate 200mg. TRT should be the last option but NO! the pharma business is to big and making to much money to fix you the right way so read on here, do your own research and no one knows your body better than you.

Julian, Your doctor should have run lab tests for FSH and LH values before starting your therapy. The question is whether you are primary or secondary in terms of hypogonadism. If you are dealing with the former, primary hypogonadism, the issue is testicular in nature. If you are a man with secondary hypogonadism you might be a candidate for a restart protocol. If you have those initial values, taken before you began using exogenous testosterone, you can determine that for yourself. If your LH and FSH run toward the upper end of the range quoted you are dealing with primary hypogonadism. Testicular issues. If in the low end of the range, secondary and a restart is possible. Check your test results.

I had an auto immune thyroid panel done along with the lh and fsh to see if they shut down being on test for there weeks then trying low dose clomid! I will post results when I get them for your advice!

Last edited:

Here are my labs that were requested right before my last injection! Any thoughts?

Thyroxine (T4) Free, Direct, S
T4,Free(Direct)

1.05NORMAL
Ref Range: 0.82-1.77 ng/dL

Triiodothyronine (T3)
Triiodothyronine (T3)
117NORMAL

Ref Range: 71-180 ng/dL

Testosterone, Serum
Comment:

Testosterone, Serum
740NORMAL

Ref Range: 348-1197 ng/dL

TSH
TSH
2.090NORMAL

Ref Range: 0.450-4.500 uIU/mL
Estradiol
Estradiol

21.5NORMAL
Ref Range: 7.6-42.6 pg/mL
Roche ECLIA methodology

Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab

7NORMAL
Ref Range: 0-34 IU/mL

Last edited:

CoastWatcher

Here are my labs that were requested right before my last injection! Any thoughts?

Thyroxine (T4) Free, Direct, S
T4,Free(Direct)

1.05NORMAL
Ref Range: 0.82-1.77 ng/dL

Triiodothyronine (T3)
Triiodothyronine (T3)
117NORMAL

Ref Range: 71-180 ng/dL

Testosterone, Serum
Comment:

Testosterone, Serum
740NORMAL

Ref Range: 348-1197 ng/dL

TSH
TSH
2.090NORMAL

Ref Range: 0.450-4.500 uIU/mL
Estradiol
Estradiol

21.5NORMAL
Ref Range: 7.6-42.6 pg/mL
Roche ECLIA methodology

7NORMAL
Ref Range: 0-34 IU/mL

First of all, "in range" (which all your values are) is not the same as "normal," despite what the lab report says or your doctor has told you. In fact, your thyroid may merit a closer look. At the same time, your estradiol was measured with the incorrect lab test, Roche ECLIA is designed to evaluate estradiol in women; men need to measure it with the so-call sensitive test, LC, MS/MS. Have these been discussed with your doctor yet?

Last edited:
Just got these in too. My system has almost shut down in 3 weeks. Will they start back up pretty fast with some clomid??
MALE 0.95 - 11.95 mIU/mLNORMALLY MENSTRUATING FEMALESFOLLICULAR PHASE 3.03 - 8.08 mIU/mLMID-CYCLE PEAK 2.55 - 16.69 mIU/mLLUTEAL PHASE 1.38 - 5.47 mIU/mLPOST-MENOPAUSAL FEMALES 26.72 - 133.41 mIU/mL

Test Name

Result

Flag

Reference

FSH

0.09 miU/ml

L

0.95-11.95

[TD="colspan: 4"]

[/TD]

Fasting Status: .........

LH

10May2017 03:01PM

SURYADEVARA, SREENIJA

[TD="colspan: 3"]

[/TD]

NORMAL RANGEMALE: 0.57 - 12.07NORMALLY MENSTRUATING FEMALES:FOLLICULAR PHASE 1.80 - 11.78MID-CYCLE PHASE 7.59 - 89.08LUTEAL PHASE 0.56 - 14.00POST MENOPAUSAL FEMALES (No HRT): 5.16 - 61.99

Test Name

Result

Flag

Reference

LH

< or = 0.07 miU/ml

L

0.6-12.1

[TD="colspan: 4"]

[/TD]

ael, your adrenelin hormone levels are normal and are not responsible for anxiety.
Test Peformed at Quest

METANEPHRINES,FRACT,PLASMA

02May2017 02:55PM

SURYADEVARA, SREENIJA

[TD="colspan: 3"]

[/TD]

Test Name

Result

Flag

Reference

METANEPHRINE

47 pg/mL