Constipation - Is it TRT - Metformin

Buy Lab Tests Online

johnt

About 5 weeks ago I started taking T-Cyp, Metformin, and once per week 0.25 mg of an AI. Prior to taking any of those medications I always had regular (at least once per day) bowel movements. I've noticed since starting TRT, etc. that bowel movements are irregular, a little more difficult, and not as "productive".

As far as diet, prior to starting the above protocol my eating was pretty clean and has not changed since I started TRT, etc.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Sorry for the crappy post ;)

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Yes, Metformin slowed down my gut. For me it was a great thing since I have IBS-d. It has also considerably decreased by bloat after eating. It is also very difficult for me to gain weight now. But I love Metformin and plan to stay on 500 mg twice per day for life.

Most people complain of diarrhea with Metformin but I think a few of us have the opposite effect.

Increase your water intake, eat more fiber and use light laxatives like Senna if you need to.

SoCal Guy

Yes, Metformin slowed down my gut. For me it was a great thing since I have IBS-d. It has also considerably decreased by bloat after eating. It is also very difficult for me to gain weight now. But I love Metformin and plan to stay on 500 mg twice per day for life.

Most people complain of diarrhea with Metformin but I think a few of us have the opposite effect.
1 g/day of metformin is fairly conservative.

At 2.5 g/day you would probably not have a slow gut. :)

KSPhD

Test cyp seems like the most unlikely cause. Metformin and AI's are known to cause constipation. Take a fiber supplement morning and night, drink lots of water. Do you need the metformin for diabetes or is this being Rx'd for aging reasons?

johnt

Test cyp seems like the most unlikely cause. Metformin and AI's are known to cause constipation. Take a fiber supplement morning and night, drink lots of water. Do you need the metformin for diabetes or is this being Rx'd for aging reasons?

My Blood Glucose and A1C was at the nigh level of normal so doc recommended Metformin to drive numbers into lower normal range and for anti-aging benefits. I take 500mg twice per day.

Vince

Super Moderator
I'm take 1500mg of metformin​ daily, never had any constipation. I do eat a lot of nuts and drink a lot of water. I'm sure it helps.

madman

Super Moderator
About 5 weeks ago I started taking T-Cyp, Metformin, and once per week 0.25 mg of an AI. Prior to taking any of those medications I always had regular (at least once per day) bowel movements. I've noticed since starting TRT, etc. that bowel movements are irregular, a little more difficult, and not as "productive".

As far as diet, prior to starting the above protocol my eating was pretty clean and has not changed since I started TRT, etc.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Sorry for the crappy post ;)

Try adding ground flax seeds in the morning as they are very high in a special kind of fiber called mucilage which will increase transit time and make bowel movements easier. You can also buy whole flax as it may be cheaper but you either have to ground them before eating or thoroughly chew them. Mucilage when chewed up and swallowed will absorb water from the gut and swell up into a smooth/slippery gel like substance hence food passing through the digestive tract will be eliminated easier. You could also try a probiotic like kefir. Try 1-2 tbsp. flax seed every morning for a week see how you feel.

lanky

Hi there, another easy source of fibre is psyllium husk you can buy it cheaply in most health food shops, its basically the main active ingredient in metamucil (available in US drugstores), Metamucil is basically ground up psyllium husk at a premium price . I prefer buying whole psyllium husk its cheaper and the same thing.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me