Testosterone Impairs Cognitive Reflection in Men

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jinzang

243 men received either testosterone or placebo and took the Cognitive Reflection Test (CRT), that estimated their capacity to override incorrect intuitive judgments with deliberate correct responses. Testosterone administration reduced CRT scores. The effect was robust to controlling for age, mood, math skills, treatment expectancy and 14 other hormones, and held for each of the CRT questions in isolation. Our findings suggest a mechanism underlying testosterone's diverse effects on humans' judgments and decision-making, and provide novel, clear and testable predictions.

The full text of the study is available.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

miked123

This study is making the rounds in bodybuilding circles. Not sure why. As a complete layperson, I see big problems with it. And perhaps this is my impulsive thinking coming out, LOL, but I cannot take a study like this seriously, that:

1. Tested participant's T levels using a saliva test
2. Used college students who had no indication of hypogonadism and were NOT currently on testosterone therapy
3. Performed cognitive tests over the course of a few hours in one single day after a single application of testosterone (hello longitudinal studies?)
4. Doesn't mention that any of the above was a limitation to the study
5. Demonizes western society and its rising exogenous testosterone ‘shock', while taking an unnecessary swipe at capitalism

Maybe Nelson or Dr. Saya will chime in for some insight. I can't help but think these researchers are a bunch of feminists, social justice warriors, and communists using shoddy research to push an anti male agenda.

This study is making the rounds in bodybuilding circles. Not sure why. As a complete layperson, I see big problems with it. And perhaps this is my impulsive thinking coming out, LOL, but I cannot take a study like this seriously, that:

1. Tested participant's T levels using a saliva test
2. Used college students who had no indication of hypogonadism and were NOT currently on testosterone therapy
3. Performed cognitive tests over the course of a few hours in one single day after a single application of testosterone (hello longitudinal studies?)
4. Doesn't mention that any of the above was a limitation to the study
5. Demonizes western society and its rising exogenous testosterone ‘shock', while taking an unnecessary swipe at capitalism

Maybe Nelson or Dr. Saya will chime in for some insight. I can't help but think these researchers are a bunch of feminists, social justice warriors, and communists using shoddy research to push an anti male agenda.

The concerns you note are valid...most notably "a single application of Testosterone" which has absolutely no clinical relevance. Useless data (likely with an agenda as you noted).

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me