Dr. James Carroll - Houston Texas

Buy Lab Tests Online

cja

I found Dr. James Carroll off the "How to Find a Good Doctor that Prescribes Testosterone, HCG and Anastrozole" Thread, linked below

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...t-Prescribes-Testosterone-HCG-and-Anastrozole

My PCP had given me a horrible protocol, though that's a whole other story, so I ended up at Defy. Due to my insurance coverage, I am unable to get reimbursed by my insurance, Defy is "Out of Network". I opted for the cheaper insurance plan, lesson learned.

Does anyone here see Dr. James Carroll? I made contact, they asked me to fill out some forms and then they will reach out to me. I just have a few questions, given the thread I found Dr. Carroll in, I am assuming he does prescribe HCG along with Test C, correct? Another assumption is they are self inject, at home meds? For me to get my insurance to pay would be great, but in the long run if I had to make a office trip twice a week, Defy would remain the best choice for me. If you have any experience with Dr. Carroll can you please share, Thanks.

MODs, please remove or move thread if it violates anything, or is in the wrong section.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

cja

What side of Houston?
I live near Eldredge and I-10.
Hoping you get top notch treatment!

I am actually in Dayton, east of Houston. Dr. Carroll is right by the Zoo, off of Hermann.

You also have Larry Lipshultz Houston.

He is not within my Network for my insurance, thanks though.

Yes. Good guy. Yes, he prescribes HCG. Not big on anastrozole but he is open minded. Tell him hi for me.

Appreciate the reply, I am not big on anastrozole either but my body seems to need it. I felt OK with a higher E2, I actually had more libido when my E2 was high. Strange I know! Having had my anastrozole increased, I am not nearly as bloated, over all I think I feel a bit better, though pretty sure E2 is still above the magic number of 30.

I had checked the Baylor Dr.'s none are within my Network. I work for the biggest phone company (Ma Bell), and seem to have horrible insurance, go figure.

edit...actually Dr. Robert Tan IS in my Network!

Last edited:

cja

Yes. Good guy. Yes, he prescribes HCG. Not big on anastrozole but he is open minded. Tell him hi for me.

Can I PM you?
just got off the phone with some lady from Carroll Clinic, it was interesting to say the least. I dont want to put it out on here for all too see, maybe I should though, idk.

cja

Feel free to post here.

will do!

I first made contact via the Carroll Clinic website. I received a email back asking me to pre-registar and to reply back letting him (Chuck) know when I had completed the forms. Since I have been a bit busy with Dr appointments with lower back hurting, I havent emailed Chuck back yet. This evening I got a call, it was some lady from the Carroll Clinic. First she says I live to far away, its about 40 miles away from my little town of 5k people. I kindly explain that they are the only place within my insurance network. I proceed to tell her I would like to transfer if possible, as I am already on TRT. She acted shocked, and says I cant just go on TRT, that I need blood work done. By now I am wondering WTF, and as I try to tell her I have already had my blood work she tells me they do not treat people on "Power Cycles". She has no idea what my tests were or are now, but yet can call me a Power Cycler? I asked her to define a Power Cycler, as I am not a body builder, in fact I havent seen a gym since I was 25. The definition I got was someone who asks for the meds I am taking. At that point I just hung up. I did email Chuck, maybe he can find out what that was all about.

CoastWatcher

will do!

I first made contact via the Carroll Clinic website. I received a email back asking me to pre-registar and to reply back letting him (Chuck) know when I had completed the forms. Since I have been a bit busy with Dr appointments with lower back hurting, I havent emailed Chuck back yet. This evening I got a call, it was some lady from the Carroll Clinic. First she says I live to far away, its about 40 miles away from my little town of 5k people. I kindly explain that they are the only place within my insurance network. I proceed to tell her I would like to transfer if possible, as I am already on TRT. She acted shocked, and says I cant just go on TRT, that I need blood work done. By now I am wondering WTF, and as I try to tell her I have already had my blood work she tells me they do not treat people on "Power Cycles". She has no idea what my tests were or are now, but yet can call me a Power Cycler? I asked her to define a Power Cycler, as I am not a body builder, in fact I havent seen a gym since I was 25. The definition I got was someone who asks for the meds I am taking. At that point I just hung up. I did email Chuck, maybe he can find out what that was all about.

Thats the strangest report that we've had in a long time. Patients leave medical practices all the time (for all sorts of reasons). In this day and age, insurance issues would be typical reasons for such a change. Just bizarre.

cja

Thats the strangest report that we've had in a long time. Patients leave medical practices all the time (for all sorts of reasons). In this day and age, insurance issues would be typical reasons for such a change. Just bizarre.

I know right, the whole power cycle thing really struck me as odd. If anything I need to be in the gym, the only gains I have are in the belly, lol. Ill wait to hear back from Chuck, but I dont see this working out.

CoastWatcher

I know right, the whole power cycle thing really struck me as odd. If anything I need to be in the gym, the only gains I have are in the belly, lol. Ill wait to hear back from Chuck, but I dont see this working out.
Is insurance a non-negotiable for you?

cja

Is insurance a non-negotiable for you?

Its not that, I just have zero out of network coverage. Since I was originally diagnosed under my PCP who is in my network I should be fine when the time comes. I just figured if I could get the same care while saving a few hundred, why not? Chuck did email me back, says that was Dr. Carrolls nurse who was requesting labs to be run, Dr Carroll needs them before I can be seen, totally understandable. But the conversation went nothing like that at all, somehow I was a power cycle user. Anyway, at the end of the day I think I will stay put and at open enrolment get the coverage that will pay for out of network treatments.

CoastWatcher

Its not that, I just have zero out of network coverage. Since I was originally diagnosed under my PCP who is in my network I should be fine when the time comes. I just figured if I could get the same care while saving a few hundred, why not? Chuck did email me back, says that was Dr. Carrolls nurse who was requesting labs to be run, Dr Carroll needs them before I can be seen, totally understandable. But the conversation went nothing like that at all, somehow I was a power cycle user. Anyway, at the end of the day I think I will stay put and at open enrolment get the coverage that will pay for out of network treatments.
End of the current year for enrollment?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I created the PoWeR Cycle for HIV wasting over 25 years ago. That is what they mean (nandrolone + testosterone)

Power Cycle

They should be better trained at handling calls from TRT users without quickly labeling them as steroid users.

Last edited:

cja

I created the PoWeR Cycle for HIV wasting over 25 years ago. That is what they mean (nandrolone + testosterone)

Power Cycle

Screw Dr Carroll then. They should be better trained at handling calls from TRT users without quickly labeling them as steroid users.

Interesting, I said nothing that would indicate I was on this sort of cycle. And even if I were, obviously this sort of treatment was a huge success! This nurse sounded a bit older, perhaps there was some miss-communication, but I did not like being labeled a steroid ab/user. Whether or not this was her intention, I sure felt as if it was.

HTown

Cja I am going to be brutally honest about Dr. Carroll as I have been a patient of his for 6-7 years. I have sent him about 12 patients and highly recommended him but no longer can. Now I am looking for a new Dr.
I agree with Nelson, Carroll was a great Dr. until about 2 years ago. He seems to have become burned out and is now rarely in the clinic. Several friends of mine have also noticed this.
As of December 2016 Dr. Carroll is now part of the VIP Dr. System. To make an appointment with him requires a currrent $1,300 yearly fee. Instead if a patient chooses not to pay the yearly fee then you are forced to see the physician assistant and trust me he has a limited knowledge of testosterone.
Dr. Luis Rodriguez is a very knowledgeable Endocrinologist but his office staff are a headache to deal with. If you are a cash patient like myself be prepared for a very expensive office visit.
I am currently looking into Robert Tan.

cja

Cja I am going to be brutally honest about Dr. Carroll as I have been a patient of his for 6-7 years. I have sent him about 12 patients and highly recommended him but no longer can. Now I am looking for a new Dr.
I agree with Nelson, Carroll was a great Dr. until about 2 years ago. He seems to have become burned out and is now rarely in the clinic. Several friends of mine have also noticed this.
As of December 2016 Dr. Carroll is now part of the VIP Dr. System. To make an appointment with him requires a currrent $1,300 yearly fee. Instead if a patient chooses not to pay the yearly fee then you are forced to see the physician assistant and trust me he has a limited knowledge of testosterone.
Dr. Luis Rodriguez is a very knowledgeable Endocrinologist but his office staff are a headache to deal with. If you are a cash patient like myself be prepared for a very expensive office visit.
I am currently looking into Robert Tan.

I appreciate the information. Ive already given up, even more so now, a $1,300 fee just to see Dr Carroll at The Carroll Clinic? That is absurd, I am a cash patient and was only looking to switch to get my insurance to pay for it. You should look into Defy, I think my combined treatment and meds are just over $1,300 a year. You dont get to actually visit them, its done by telemedicine. They send you scripts for blood work, then when it comes back you schedule appointments with either a nurse, or the Dr, all over the phone. Its pretty neat if you ask me, I was only hoping to save a buck.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me