Creatine similar to metformin

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Interesting video. I wonder how true it all is. When I take a lot of creatine, I do get muscle cramping and the benefits of metformin​ are proven in many studies.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Amino Acids
February 2008, 34:245

Effects of creatine supplementation on glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity in sedentary healthy males undergoing aerobic training

Summary.
Recent findings have indicated that creatine supplementation may affect glucose metabolism. This study aimed to examine the effects of creatine supplementation, combined with aerobic training, on glucose tolerance in sedentary healthy male. Subjects (n = 22) were randomly divided in two groups and were allocated to receive treatment with either creatine (CT) (∼10 g · day over three months) or placebo (PT) (dextrose). Administration of treatments was double blind. Both groups underwent moderate aerobic training. An oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) was performed and both fasting plasma insulin and the homeostasis model assessment (HOMA) index were assessed at the start, and after four, eight and twelve weeks. CT demonstrated significant decrease in OGTT area under the curve compared to PT (P = 0.034). There were no differences between groups or over time in fasting insulin or HOMA. The results suggest that creatine supplementation, combined with aerobic training, can improve glucose tolerance but does not affect insulin sensitivity, and may warrant further investigation with diabetic subjects.

Will Brink

Creatine and metformin likely and excellent combo, but there's no where near enough data on creating to suggest it could replace metformin. For those that are type II, replacing metformin with creatine is a very bad idea without very close monitoring

Not impossible use of creatine could reduce the dose needed of insulin and Met, but far more data needed there.

Addition of creatine, along with others, no doubt can help diabetics. Frankly, dude is Johnny come lately on the many benefits of creatine. My most recent article for Life extension HERE covering creatine and of course there's an extensive thread on this forum covering creatine linked above by Nelson.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me