Q & A: How to Prevent Prostate Cancer

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
These questions and answers are in addition to the frequently asked questions on this topic. They are archived questions and answers which were asked and answered on this website.

Please read the FAQs on this topic before going through these Q&As.

OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS: Because of the study linking omega-3 fatty acids and prostate cancer, you have recommended to discontinue taking fish oil supplements and eat a balanced diet. Is this still true with men who have been undergone a radical prostatectomy?
I don't know whether it is true; however, if omega-3 fatty acids do predispose to aggressive prostate cancer, given that every man who has had a radical prostatectomy is at some risk for cancer recurrence, it would probably be prudent not to push the omega-3 levels too high.

DIET: Are certain foods better than others to stave off prostate cancer?
The best diet is probably close to an Oriental diet. A high fat diet may increase the risk of prostate cancer. It's best to avoid red meats and eat white meat, either fish or chicken, and lots of fruits and vegetables. For further information on this topic, I would recommend the book by NBC's Dr. Bob Arnot, The Prostate Cancer Protection Plan: The Foods, Supplements, and Drugs That Could Save Your Life (Little, Brown).

HIGH-GRADE PIN: I have high grade PIN. My PSA declined from 5.82 to 4.03 over the last six months. I am scheduled for my third biopsy. I have increased my intake of Vitamin E, Selenium and Lypocene. I want to add soy but have been warned by a M.D. it could mask a cancer. If my third biopsy is negative should I add soy to my diet? What is a safe amount?
Soy does contain plant estrogens and thus could theoretically mask prostate cancer. Nevertheless, I do not think that it would be harmful to take soy, as long as you remain vigilant about monitoring your PSA and prostate examination. I cannot answer your question about what would be a safe amount. Vitamin E should not be taken in quantities larger than 80 units (mg), as it has not been shown to reduce cancer and may be associated with a greater risk for heart failure.

CALCIUM AND FLAXSEED OIL: Does calcium and/or flaxseed oil promote or inhibit prostate cancer growth in men?
There is mixed data. Calcium could theoretically promote prostate cancer by lowering vitamin D levels. Vitamin D has an inhibitory effect on prostate cancer. The data on flaxseed oil is very limited, and it is hard to draw a firm conclusion at this time.

More here

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale