Getting pregnant: Test / HCG / Clomid (Asking for hubby)- Please Help!

Buy Lab Tests Online

ILoveMikePence

Hi all,
First post here so I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this.
Asking for hubby because he feels entirely emasculated during this whole process, so I'm trying to research and take some of the burden off. We have been Trying to Conceive for 1.5 years, perfectly timed every month (trust me - I'm doing it all on my end to ensure timing), and no luck whatsoever. He has 2 children from his prior marriage, ages 11 and 8, so we know (at one point) that he was fertile. I have been pregnant in the past as well so we also know that I am capable of conceiving.

Now, here is the problem-
He has been injecting Test, 250 mg every 10 days, for the past 10 years (and taking Anavar). We are both assuming at this point his sperm count is at a grand total of Zero.....

So, he agreed to go off the Test.
He was able to get HCG and Clomid from his... sources. Waiting on needles which should be any day now.

So, we have questions -
- What is a recommended dosage of HCG? How frequently? Do you take Clomid concurrently? If so, what dosage of Clomid is recommended?
- How long do you think it will take to kick start his natural sperm production back into gear?
- How long should he take HCG and Clomid? 3 months? 6? Indefinitely?
- Any anectodal / success stories? He is already moody as F*ck being off the Test... it's been 2 weeks so far. He's miserable, but he wants another baby. Still doesn't change the fact that he's miserable, moody, and doesn't feel like a man.
- Any reason that he SHOULD still be taking Test? He was tested many years back, before he was on Test, and his natural Testosterone level was around a 300 - which according to him is fairly low.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY INSIGHT. We have watched a few Youtube videos on this exact topic, all of which have entirely conflicting info. Please help :eek::confused:

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Welcome to Excelmale.

How old is your huband? How long has he been taking exogenous testosterone? When he began his TRT protocol, was he diagnosed with primary or secondary hypogonadism? That may seem an odd question, given his successful fathering of two children some years ago, but might he have injured his testicles or had any other issues (illness)? He has never taken HCG during the course of his therapy? He is self-directing - why? A qualified doctor, which we can help you find, can help you navigate this process with assurance.

ILoveMikePence

Thank you so much for replying!!! :)
He's 48 years old and has been taking Test for 10 years.
He refuses to pay for health insurance (hates Obama, hates Obamacare, and is very frugal), and thus, has no insurance coverage...and as such, will not be getting a doctors opinion anytime soon. We already know his sperm count must be in the toilet just based on research alone.

And as for your question, he has had no injuries and no illnesses whatsoever. First child was conceived without Test (12 years ago)... his second child, according to him, was actually conceived on Test. That was 8 years ago.

* He has also NEVER taken HCG previously. This is a new venture for him.

Happily awaiting your thoughts!

Welcome to Excelmale.

How old is your huband? How long has he been taking exogenous testosterone? When he began his TRT protocol, was he diagnosed with primary or secondary hypogonadism? That may seem an odd question, given his successful fathering of two children some years ago, but might he have injured his testicles or had any other issues (illness)? He has never taken HCG during the course of his therapy? He is self-directing - why? A qualified doctor, which we can help you find, can help you navigate this process with assurance.

I might specualte that if he's been in HPTA shutdown for 10 years that fertility might be a foregone conclusion no matter how much clomid/HCG/or anything else you use. Won't hurt to try it though I would have remained with the T and just add HCG @ 500ui 3x week.

ILoveMikePence

Thank you all for replies! My question is, doesn't taking Testosterone send a signal to your body to shut its natural production off? So if he continues to take Test, as he has done for 10 years... won't his natural production remain off?
Or is that the point of HCG? To kickstart the natural production regardless of if he is on Test or not?
Sorry if these are ignorant questions.
Also, he got Clomid.... should he take that in addition to the HCG and Test, or is that too many medicines that will make his hormones go haywire?

CSI007

The HCG signals the testicles to produce T and sperm. It actually is similar to LH an FSH (not as much on the FSH side which is what signals the Testes to make sperm) which are what is shut off when using T.

Thank you all for replies! My question is, doesn't taking Testosterone send a signal to your body to shut its natural production off? So if he continues to take Test, as he has done for 10 years... won't his natural production remain off? It will but he's using T so it's all rather moot at this point.
Or is that the point of HCG? To kickstart the natural production regardless of if he is on Test or not? HCG will stim the testes for sperm, and even a little Testosterone though that is a pretty miniscule amount and of little consequence.
Sorry if these are ignorant questions.
Also, he got Clomid.... should he take that in addition to the HCG and Test, or is that too many medicines that will make his hormones go haywire? I don't see the point in Clomid, there are too many unsuccesful trials with Clomid, side effects, doesn't seem to be a short or even long term answer for hormonal purposes. We have a saying that someone doing well on clomid is a unicorn. he should not be using Clomid and Test.

Bolded above

Thank you so much for replying!!! :)
He's 48 years old and has been taking Test for 10 years.
He refuses to pay for health insurance (hates Obama, hates Obamacare, and is very frugal), and thus, has no insurance coverage...and as such, will not be getting a doctors opinion anytime soon. We already know his sperm count must be in the toilet just based on research alone.

And as for your question, he has had no injuries and no illnesses whatsoever. First child was conceived without Test (12 years ago)... his second child, according to him, was actually conceived on Test. That was 8 years ago.

* He has also NEVER taken HCG previously. This is a new venture for him.

Happily awaiting your thoughts!

Forget politics. If he really wants a child with you, he'd do whatever it takes, including see a doctor. This is a great forum, but no substitute for medical advice. I also am concerned that you are posting for him.

If he truly wants this, get him to see a doctor. This probably can happen, but is he truly motivated to be a father again?
I got four so I know it can be a challenge.

ILoveMikePence

Understood and I respect what you are saying. But yes, he definitely wants another child. He just would prefer to figure it out on his own rather than waste thousands of dollars for a doctor to figure it out. Hence internet research ;) Cross your fingers for us!!!!

Forget politics. If he really wants a child with you, he'd do whatever it takes, including see a doctor. This is a great forum, but no substitute for medical advice. I also am concerned that you are posting for him.

If he truly wants this, get him to see a doctor. This probably can happen, but is he truly motivated to be a father again?
I got four so I know it can be a challenge.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I would not get off TRT ( but yes, stop the oxandrolone) but add 500 IU HCG every other day. After 6 weeks, retest sperm. If not good enough, consider HCG +FSH. Doctor can call in a prescription for FSH at Empower Pharmacy. Try the HCG+FSH for 6 weeks and retest sperm again. If this fails, then there is little you can do except to adopt a child.

Also , have him take these supplements

Top Supplements That Improve Sperm Quality

ILoveMikePence

I would not get off TRT ( but yes, stop the oxandrolone) but add 500 IU HCG every other day. After 6 weeks, retest sperm. If not good enough, consider HCG +FSH. Doctor can call in a prescription for FSH at Empower Pharmacy. Try the HCG+FSH for 6 weeks and retest sperm again. If this fails, then there is little you can do except to adopt a child.

Also , have him take these supplements

Top Supplements That Improve Sperm Quality
Thanks Nelson!!! What exactly does FSH do? And how much of it should he take and how often?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me