Pravastatin / pravachol advice

Buy Lab Tests Online

rhino5169

So my cardiologist wants me on Prevastatin, low dose of 20mg.
I was previously on lipitor but havent been for 1.5 years.
I have 2 stents, first one put in when i was late 30's so he considers me as having early age cvd.
My numbers are pretty good, he mostly wants me on it to prevent heart attack / stroke as the statin will harden arterial plaque that is soft which has more of a chance to rupture vs when it hardens against the artery wall.
Ive read a lot but just looking for any more helpful info.
I really dont want to go back on any meds, especially statins because of side effects but if it may help avert something catastrophic i may have to give in.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

rhino5169

Didnt watch yet but I just read through that link.
FYI I already take 200mg of ubiquinol daily.

I dont have a problem with my heart muscle, I have a plaque / cholesterol issue and this is what was posted in the long list of bullet points:

High cholesterol

Evidence is conflicting in support of the cholesterol-lowering effects of CoQ10. More research is needed in this area.

ratbag

my cardiologist wants me on Prevastatin, low dose of 20mg.

Statins are a scam. There is only 1 double blind study on them. All other studies are made by the big pharma marketing machine. That one study states clearly that statins are not good for you under any circumstances. Most MDs think they are good for you when in fact they are not. This is a perfect example of how the big pharma marketing machine works... all these little studies that caome out show how beneficial statins are and even people who have perfect cholesterol are told they should take them... what is wrong with this picture? Read here:
https://www.spacedoc.com/

P.S. I know lots of people who have been on statins since they came out and they all went thru quintuple bypasses years later.

Vince

Super Moderator
Statins are a scam. There is only 1 double blind study on them. All other studies are made by the big pharma marketing machine. That one study states clearly that statins are not good for you under any circumstances. Most MDs think they are good for you when in fact they are not. This is a perfect example of how the big pharma marketing machine works... all these little studies that caome out show how beneficial statins are and even people who have perfect cholesterol are told they should take them... what is wrong with this picture? Read here:
https://www.spacedoc.com/

P.S. I know lots of people who have been on statins since they came out and they all went thru quintuple bypasses years later.
I'm not going to pretend I really understand this

Abstract
Statins reduce atherosclerotic events and cardiovascular mortality. Their side effects include memory loss, myopathy, cataract formation, and increased risk of diabetes. As cardiovascular mortality relates to plaque instability, which depends on the integrity of the fibrous cap, we hypothesize that the inhibition of the potential of Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs) to differentiate into macrophages would help to explain the long known, but less understood “Non Lipid Associated” or pleiotropic benefit of statins on cardiovascular mortality. In the present investigation, MSCs were treated with atorvastatin or pravastatin at clinically relevant concentrations and their proliferation, differentiation potential, and gene expression profile were assessed. Both types of statins reduce the overall growth rate of MSCs. Especially, statins reduce the potential of MSCs to differentiate into macrophages while they exhibit no direct effect on macrophage function. These findings suggest that the limited capacity of MSCs to differentiate into macrophages could possibly result in decreased macrophage density within the arterial plaque, reduced inflammation, and subsequently enhance plaque stability. This would explain the Non Lipid Associated reduction in cardiovascular events. On a negative side, statins impair the osteogenic and chondrogenic differentiation potential of MSCs, increase cell senescence and apoptosis as indicated by up-regulation of p16, p53, Caspase 3, 8, and 9. Statins also impaired the expression of DNA repair genes including XRCC4, XRCC6, and Apex1. While the effect on macrophage differentiation explain the beneficial side of statins, their impact on other biologic properties of stem cells provides a novel explanation for their adverse clinical effects. http://ajpcell.physiology.org/content/early/2015/07/23/ajpcell.00406.2014

rhino5169

Thqts more along the line of what I'm looking for. Sounds good and bad though. I am concerned that if I don't take the stating then I could become a cardiovascular mortality.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me