New guy intro

Buy Lab Tests Online
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter0121

Hello all ! First and foremost just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this forum! I've read and have filled myself with so much knowledge it's amazing what everyone does to help! Anyways im Hunter a 29 year old male looking to get myself back on track. After kidney cancer took my right kidney, chemo, and then all the pain meds my T is just low. I'm cancer free now for over 2 years now. My problem I'm having is different doctors opinions on trt with only one working kidney. Some say it's ok some say it could shut it down completely. This past week I got the kidney will shut down talk but got told I can do high doses of HCG. Ugh idk just looking for some light at the end of the tunnel thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any help!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Welcome to Excelmale-we're glad to hear you have dealt successfully with so many health problems, and hope you'll be able to overcome hypogonadism. Do you have any lab values that you can post (with reference ranges)? The more context you can provide,mthe more focuses the discussion will be.

Why were you told that the loss of a kidney contraindicated TRT? What was said?

Hunter0121

I just did a blood draw Friday and will be getting my results here within 5 days or so. The Doc there was saying that with one kidney pituitary problems could arise and harm it. She herself only had one kidney but I felt as if she had a more serious situation with herself ( saying she can't ride horses, drink soda, ect.) My one kidney is perfectly fine and strong and all I'm told is to be careful about contact sports. It just made me feel a little worried I've done tons or research and never seen any kidney issues arise on trt unless someone is body Building for years and I'm crazy doses.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Hi Hunter, welcome to EM, glad you joined!! Not sure if you have received your lab results yet? Let us know, you can post a new thread in the blood work discussion forum, or if you post it here we can get it in the correct section ... Either way, just checking in. Thanks again for joining!

ERO

TRT is about getting you to a high NORMAL T range, so I do not see any logical way it would be harmful with one kidney. I mean, say you were 18 and had a kidney removed - your T levels are likely going to be pretty high at that age, right?

Hunter0121

Ya I completely agree! What she said was that sometimes it can mess with renal function causing it to shutdown the kidneys but in my case I only have one so I'd most likely die. I really think she just is in the dark about the TRT

CoastWatcher

Ya I completely agree! What she said was that sometimes it can mess with renal function causing it to shutdown the kidneys but in my case I only have one so I'd most likely die. I really think she just is in the dark about the TRT

May I ask where you live? We can help you find more capable medical care if you would like.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Agree with all the above ... Never heard of sesame seed oil based IM administered medication causing (or messing with) renal or kidney failure, but maybe there's something I'm overlooking? Regardless, I would probably get a second opinion. I guess if for some reason you're experiencing some form of hypertension due to treatment, it would be something to monitor closely, but normal hormonal levels shouldn't be a problem, which also includes cortisol and other factors that keep the body in balance.

Hunter0121

test results 20170331_123910.jpg20170331_123912.jpg20170331_123912.jpg20170331_123921.jpg20170331_123936.jpg

Hunter0121

Hi Hunter, welcome to EM, glad you joined!! Not sure if you have received your lab results yet? Let us know, you can post a new thread in the blood work discussion forum, or if you post it here we can get it in the correct section ... Either way, just checking in. Thanks again for joining!
are these enough as far as my results?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com