Help me compare more TT from a different reference range

Buy Lab Tests Online

DaveK22

I am sooooooooo pissed. I always use Quest diag and bring in the test codes to make sure I get the same tests with same reference ranges. Computers were down & although she asssured she would use the codes I asked for she didn't.

Anyway, my past Testosterone test code gave Total, free, bio, shbg, & albumin. This test just gave Total :( !!!

This test, Total T came in at 582 w/ a ref range of (250-827 ng/dl). All my past tests were on a test with ref range of 250-1100.

Any idea how I would compare the 582 TT to my past ones on the different ref range? The way I see it, one test my result is closer to the upper limit vs the other...so don't think its a direct comparison?

Thx in advance

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DaveK22

Personally, I would consider 582 Low for someone on TRT, what ever the range is.

That's on 50mg E3.5D Test Cyp (100mg week) & 350 iu HCG E3.5D (700 iu week) both sub-q. My goal was ~750 TT

Last year when I was on TRT for 3-4 months, I tested at when using 150mg per week + 500 iu HCG. Tested near trough was 1161 TT (250-1100).

So maybe splitting the difference? But still like to know answer to my original question.

That's on 50mg E3.5D Test Cyp (100mg week) & 350 iu HCG E3.5D (700 iu week) both sub-q. My goal was ~750 TT

Last year when I was on TRT for 3-4 months, I tested at when using 150mg per week + 500 iu HCG. Tested near trough was 1161 TT (250-1100).

So maybe splitting the difference? But still like to know answer to my original question.

Do you have any symptoms?

Or is this just a numbers problem?

A lot of guys get obsessed with a specific number, but at the end of the day, if you feel good at 582, does it truly matter? It's a rather abstract thing, hormone levels, it's much like penis size. It's what you do with it that matters.

DaveK22

Do you have any symptoms?

Or is this just a numbers problem?

A lot of guys get obsessed with a specific number, but at the end of the day, if you feel good at 582, does it truly matter? It's a rather abstract thing, hormone levels, it's much like penis size. It's what you do with it that matters.

I'm one of those that doesn't feel that much different whether in the 500's or 1000's but my personal situation is atypical. I have Accutane's version of PFS...one of many issues is a theory of androgen receptor "silencing". But rather skip all that discussion here is there are other threads & forums for that discussion.

Anyway, maybe I just over thought this. Just maybe 582 is 582 period, regardless of ref range.

My goal is to achieve ~750 TT. Maybe later I will scan & post my labs but like I said earlier, many of the tests aren't the same ones as past. My E2 is 52 on a < or - 39 ref range. All my other tests were on a "29" ref range. Years ago I did HCG mono & my E2 shot into high 90's. So I think my 700 iu HCG (350 E3.5) is driving that up...even though that isn't very much. My use of HCG is to just prevent atrophy & not fertility. Plus the other benefits as one of Nelson's videos explain with the other LH pathways.

Vince

Super Moderator

Labs do have different ranges, for whatever reason. It's not so much the ranges, but the doctor that's working with you. And what number you feels good at.

I'm one of those that doesn't feel that much different whether in the 500's or 1000's but my personal situation is atypical. I have Accutane's version of PFS...one of many issues is a theory of androgen receptor "silencing". But rather skip all that discussion here is there are other threads & forums for that discussion.

Anyway, maybe I just over thought this. Just maybe 582 is 582 period, regardless of ref range.

My goal is to achieve ~750 TT. Maybe later I will scan & post my labs but like I said earlier, many of the tests aren't the same ones as past. My E2 is 52 on a < or - 39 ref range. All my other tests were on a "29" ref range. Years ago I did HCG mono & my E2 shot into high 90's. So I think my 700 iu HCG (350 E3.5) is driving that up...even though that isn't very much. My use of HCG is to just prevent atrophy & not fertility. Plus the other benefits as one of Nelson's videos explain with the other LH pathways.

You've not answered my question directly, just more talk about numbers.

You did sorta answer my question, by saying you don't feel different at 500 or 1000. So why the number quest? I simply do not understand, nor do I see a purpose to achieve 750.

E2 tests is where range REALLY matters. That "<39" test means it's a standard estradiol test. "<29" is Quest's ultrasensitive test. That is the proper test.

DaveK22

You've not answered my question directly, just more talk about numbers.

You did sorta answer my question, by saying you don't feel different at 500 or 1000. So why the number quest? I simply do not understand, nor do I see a purpose to achieve 750.

E2 tests is where range REALLY matters. That "<39" test means it's a standard estradiol test. "<29" is Quest's ultrasensitive test. That is the proper test.

I had the proper code for for the Ultra sensitive & again, the woman at Quest apparently didn't use the codes I requested. So pissed.

My past 2 tries on TRT I never gave it a long enough chance, 3-4 months each time & I went off. Again, long story why. Maybe I shouldn't have said I felt the same on the differnt levels because I never really was at each level long enough to truly evaluate. Because of my permanent hormonal damage from Accutane, I want to see how I feel at the upper end of the TT range for a longer period....just a personal decision on that.

Here is my Labs attached

Attachments

• blood work march 2017.pdf
    918.1 KB · Views: 79
I do all my labs at Quest I have some advice for you, look over their shoulder and you'll notice that there are multiple tests on a menu that they select from, I try to have my scripts written in those exact words as most techs will want to say something like "I know what I'm doing". Also, after they've entered all your info and hand you that paper and ask you to verify your personal info, read down at the bottom and the tests are listed there. I hand back the paper about half the time with the wrong Estradiol test and have them redo it.

I don't use discountedlabs.com as my insurance covers my labs 100% but thing with that is that you KNOW you're getting the right tests and it's not subject to what the tech enters when your in the service center.

I am sooooooooo pissed. I always use Quest diag and bring in the test codes to make sure I get the same tests with same reference ranges. Computers were down & although she asssured she would use the codes I asked for she didn't.

Anyway, my past Testosterone test code gave Total, free, bio, shbg, & albumin. This test just gave Total :( !!!

This test, Total T came in at 582 w/ a ref range of (250-827 ng/dl). All my past tests were on a test with ref range of 250-1100.

Any idea how I would compare the 582 TT to my past ones on the different ref range? The way I see it, one test my result is closer to the upper limit vs the other...so don't think its a direct comparison?

Thx in advance

Look at the timing of your injections and your blood draws, some people are very very lax about timing from one test to the next and then they try to compare results to much frustration. For instance, I always, ONLY, ever have blood drawn @ 0800-0830 on a Monday. This makes results comparable from one time to the next. A lot of guys don't grasp the importance of timing...and then get frustrated when their labs are off.

CoastWatcher

Look at the timing of your injections and your blood draws, some people are very very lax about timing from one test to the next and then they try to compare results to much frustration. For instance, I always, ONLY, ever have blood drawn @ 0800-0830 on a Monday. This makes results comparable from one time to the next. A lot of guys don't grasp the importance of timing...and then get frustrated when their labs are off.
When I first started this trip, after I began following a protocol, I was one of the guys Vince Carter is referring to in this post. Day of the week, time of day, fasting/non-fasting...I was indifferent. In my case, after the second time my total testosterone result puzzled me, I got serious and adopted a schedule that I adhere to. It makes a difference.

DaveK22

When I first started this trip, after I began following a protocol, I was one of the guys Vince Carter is referring to in this post. Day of the week, time of day, fasting/non-fasting...I was indifferent. In my case, after the second time my total testosterone result puzzled me, I got serious and adopted a schedule that I adhere to. It makes a difference.

Thanks for the advice but I'm already doing that. My last 2 tests on TRT were Monday mornings at 7 am because its the closest to my trough (12 hrs from trough) yet still allows for easy fasting for the lipids test which my Dr always calls for. I inject Monday eve & Friday mornings.

DaveK22

I do all my labs at Quest I have some advice for you, look over their shoulder and you'll notice that there are multiple tests on a menu that they select from, I try to have my scripts written in those exact words as most techs will want to say something like "I know what I'm doing". Also, after they've entered all your info and hand you that paper and ask you to verify your personal info, read down at the bottom and the tests are listed there. I hand back the paper about half the time with the wrong Estradiol test and have them redo it.

I don't use discountedlabs.com as my insurance covers my labs 100% but thing with that is that you KNOW you're getting the right tests and it's not subject to what the tech enters when your in the service center.

Vince- great minds think a like. I actually in past had my Dr. write the codes on the script...then made sure the girl entering had it. This time the script I called in & had to pick up. The script was a computer print out & the codes weren't there. So I brought the codes to tell the girl these are the ones...the computer was down & she said that she would enter everuthing later. I left my codes sheet but she must have ignored it because I was gone.

I usually have good dealing with my local Quest but a new lady was filling in. Basically a "perfect storm" that f'kd my testing up.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me