Post workout recovery drink

Buy Lab Tests Online
Glutamine very overrated and whey has highest BCAA content of any protein and has many other benefits. Other than perhaps some elite athlete really on the edge of their training trying to (maybe) eek out another 0.5% performance, BCAA are a waste of $, and whey the way (no pun intended) to go. :)

I agree after tinkering around with BCAAs/Glutamine and just dropped a third scoop of Whey :)

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Srh1968

Hey guys, I'm just getting back online. I appreciate everyone time to reply to my original question. I have not had time to watch the above videos as of yet, hope to get that education tomorrow.

I have another question. I found a box of supplements this morning that expired in 10/2014. One is an unopened tub of Beachbody Whey Protien powder and the other is a box of individual packages for the Post workout recovery drink from Beachbody. I bought these several years ago, but lost my motivation at that time to get in a fitness state of mind.

So, Are these safe to use? If so, would potency be affected? Or should I pitch them in the trash?

j4ever

what does your daily meal plan look like? The reason I ask ( not saying this is you ) but I have known people in the past that ate very crappy diets and then would worry about a post workout shake, for me personally I just usually eat.

Vince

Super Moderator
what does your daily meal plan look like? The reason I ask ( not saying this is you ) but I have known people in the past that ate very crappy diets and then would worry about a post workout shake, for me personally I just usually eat.

People like to argue about fats and carbs.

However, almost everyone agrees that protein is important.

But what exactly is protein? How much protein do you really need? And does protein timing matter?

Those are just a few of the things you're about to discover in this extensive, research based protein guide.

Enjoy!

http://muscleforreal.com/protein/

Last edited:

Srh1968

J4ever, I am just getting back into a fitness routine after several years of not doing any kind of fitness program. I'm not a big guy (5'5", 144lbs) but do have that middle age gut around my waste that IM determined to loose, lol.

My diet has changed since I started last week. Since I'm working a project out of town for an extended period of time, I have started bringing my meals with me. They are meals from a local gym that sells prepared meals. Each meal is 5-6 oz of Protein, 3-4 of Vegetable and 5-6 carbs. Of course, this is way better than what I'm used to, I'm on the road and living out of hotels so the restaurant scene was where I usually eat. I was asking about the recovery drink because I was really sore the first couple of days, and I recall using it when I did a P90X program a few years ago and it seemed to have some benefits that I felt like it worked back then.

I'm kinda re-learning my nutrition and fitness as I go. I am excited to start this program with the prepared meals, This is the first time back in a gym since I started my TRT.

I may not be the smartest guy, but when I'm committed I have very good discipline.

Thank for the link on the protein, Vince! That was a good read.

There's always the people that say to just eat, too. This whole kind of subject has 99 people with 100 different opinions.

buggies100

What has worked for me
I get up at 4 am and in the gym by 5. I first started with a fasted workout, only have a whey isolate drink, which has BCAAs in it. I work out with heavy weights and work to failure quite a bit, so arms, chest, shoulder.... are spent they day they get worked out.
I would have a fruit smoothies with veggies and another scoop of whey mixed in as soon as I live the gym and then eat a banana.
This left me crashing around 9:30-10 each day, like can not keep eyes open crash and weak and nauseous
I added a couple pieces of sausage or home made egg muffin as soon as I get up , drink a whey protein with a rework out supplement in it and head to gym. I ditched the after work out smoothie as thought i might be having a sugar crash. Now just a whey with BCAAs after work out and I am fine
Just my opinion

Srh1968

Sorry for the delay in replying, my crazy schedule....... My post drink, I was thinking I needed something to help me benefit from my workout.

OK, Im not the smartest guy when it comes to nutrition,

So here is my current meal plan. This has been consistent for almost a month since I started CrossFit.

Wake at 5:00 am

4 cups of coffee between 5:30 am - 7:30 am

Around 9:00 am, I need some in my stomach to keep from getting nauseous from the coffee. I grab a snickers candy bar and about 6oz of fountain soda, just enough to wash down the snickers. ( this is at work, these two I am looking for an alternative to replace with).

12:00 pm lunch consist of a light deli sandwich, bottle water, some days a small bag of chips.

between 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm I go thru about 3 bottles of water

About 30 minutes before CrossFit, I have a pack of peanut butter and crackers, or a banana and bottled water

Just after CrossFit, I pickup a bottle of chocolate milk (usually the 23g protein, if they are out I grab the 8g of protein)

After getting home, I'll start another bottle of water,

My supper is a prepared meal from a local gym that prepares meals from a menu of about 12 dinners to choose from, each meal is (cooked weight) 5-6oz protein, 3-4 oz of vegetables, 5-6oz of carbs. Most night i have water with my meal, sometimes I may have a glass of sweet tea.

And that is my meal plan, good or bad. Im working to get it better, but it is leaps and bounds better than it was a month ago.

Ok, so I'm ready for my flaming of where I'm bad, but I would be very appreciative for suggestions or ideas to help me dial this in better. Thank you!

j4ever

are you trying to do intermittent fasting? why no breakfast? why all that coffee? so are you living out of a hotel? if you are busy and busy at work, go for three good meals a day and a snack or 2 such as almonds or walnuts, you can accomplish a lot with a shaker, some good quality protein powder and oats and throw in some fats with it, so breakfast, 10oz water,2 scoops protein, 1/2 cup oats,1tbls olive oil or coconut oil or just throw a serving of almonds in with it, and shake it up, I would improve on the lunch, if nothing else as long as the pre-made meals are good quality replace that sandwich with one. Just to give ya a contrast with your diet here is what mine looks like the majority of the time.

meal 1: 2 whole eggs with 1 cup egg whites cooked in coconut oil, either 1/2 cup oats with 1/2 cup blueberries or 2 slices of Ezekiel bread.
meal 2: 8oz lean meat, 1-2 servings of veggies, 3/4 cup rice.
meal 3: 8oz lean meat, 1-2 servings veggies, 200 grams sweet potato.
meal 4: either 6 oz wild caught salmon with veggies with 2 slices Ezekiel bread and veggies or large can tuna with 1 whole egg and crackers.
meal 5: 2 whole eggs ( soft boiled ) or 2-3 tbls of PB with a scoop of protein, I try to watch it on the PB because I will eat half a jar,lol.
depending on the day and whats going on I may eat a meal less or more, and usually eat nuts during the day, sometimes avocado, about the only time I would consider myself taking a post-workout shake is, when I get home from the gym and my little girl wants to go to the park or bike ride, for something quick I mix oats and powder, or just eat a triple 0 mix up some powder, slam it and out the door we go. Have you figured out your BMR?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me