Post workout recovery drink

Buy Lab Tests Online

Srh1968

HI All!

I recently got back into an exercise program, CrossFit.

I am looking for a good recovery drink recommendation.

Years ago I used the Beachbody recovery drink and really liked it, but it's been a few years since then and I am wondering if there is something cheaper and better, LOL? Or at least better.

Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Srh1968

No, I don't have any experience or knowledge about whey. what would I expect to see from using it?

I had used a recovery drink in the past, but It was probably like the sheep following the lead wolf, lol

madman

Super Moderator
I would just stick to the tried and true milk/chocolate milk just as effective as any supplement and sure post workout whey, BCAA, EAAs can contribute to recovery but it is not the end all be all to your success as meeting your overall daily protein intake is of far greater IMPORTANCE!

I would just stick to the tried and true milk/chocolate milk just as effective as any supplement and sure post workout whey, BCAA, EAAs can contribute to recovery but it is not the end all be all to your success as meeting your overall daily protein intake is of far greater IMPORTANCE!

Pretty much totally agree with daily protein intake.

madman

Super Moderator
Two excellent videos to watch if you have time. He teaches at my home town University, McMaster in Hamilton,Ontario!

Leesto

I have to follow a low-carb diet , otherwise it just get fat. Forever reason carbs increase my appetite extremely. So of course I did not drink milk especially chocolate milk. It's bad for my ac-1 and fasting glucose.
https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?8390-What-the-best-whey-to-use-after-a-workout

I'm like Vince and like many diabetics or pre-diabetics. Carbs play havoc with us: especially simple carbs like sugars and starches. I can eat no sugar or starch and no more than 20 grams of complex carbs like green vegetables per day without messing up my A1C and hunger levels and gaining fat.

Srh1968

Thanks for the advice, Guys!

I just started my CrossFit and I'm really sore after each workout, so I haven't ordered anything as of yet. I'll stop and get some chocolate milk today for sure. I'll have some time tonight after I get in and settled and I'll check out the videos and read up on the whey.

I haven't been in workout scene for several years and don't really know which avenue is the best bang for my buck in my goal of dropping about 15 lbs or so of weight and building my muscle mass back to where it used to be. I used to use the Beachbody brand Post workout recovery drink and really enjoyed it, it did seem like to help in recovery.

buggies100

I use whey isolate protein. I find isolate mixes up lots better
I am in the gym at 5am, so od do use a prework out mix, has caffiene, nitrus oxide, beta alinine. I mis it with a scoop of whey protein. It is a supplement, so real food is still important, learned that the hard way. Post work out is whey protein with a scoop of BCAA's as soon as i walk out of the gym.
This is what works for me

Thanks for the advice, Guys!

I just started my CrossFit and I'm really sore after each workout, so I haven't ordered anything as of yet. I'll stop and get some chocolate milk today for sure. I'll have some time tonight after I get in and settled and I'll check out the videos and read up on the whey.

I haven't been in workout scene for several years and don't really know which avenue is the best bang for my buck in my goal of dropping about 15 lbs or so of weight and building my muscle mass back to where it used to be. I used to use the Beachbody brand Post workout recovery drink and really enjoyed it, it did seem like to help in recovery.

Srh1968

Buggies,

What are you mixing with your Whey? Can you explain your pre work out a little more? what exactly are you mixing up? And in your post workout drink, what is the BCAA?

lcvl

Starches are actually complex carbs.

I'm like Vince and like many diabetics or pre-diabetics. Carbs play havoc with us: especially simple carbs like sugars and starches. I can eat no sugar or starch and no more than 20 grams of complex carbs like green vegetables per day without messing up my A1C and hunger levels and gaining fat.

Leesto

I avoid starchy vegetables, starchy vegetables impact blood sugars more quickly than non starchy vegetables.

I have the same experience as Vince. Starchy vegetables affect my blood sugar in a similar manner to bread and pasta and other flour products. I wish it wasn't so, because I like them! Just can't eat them.

Will Brink

I've read BCAAs with Glutamine but so many opinions vary and Vince is spot on a good Whey is really beneficial.

Glutamine very overrated and whey has highest BCAA content of any protein and has many other benefits. Other than perhaps some elite athlete really on the edge of their training trying to (maybe) eek out another 0.5% performance, BCAA are a waste of $, and whey the way (no pun intended) to go. :)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me