Help with weekly dosage question

Buy Lab Tests Online

buggies100

I need help trying to find a solution to doseages. I had been in 200 mg every two weeks, yes i k ow it is old school, but that is what Dr had me on for last three years, and it kept my total T in 400 give or take. I felt ok and good sex drive. Hct stayed at 55-56. Being concerned about that being too high, i switched to every 3.5 days usiing 40 mg each injection. This shot my total T to 883, but also my hct to 62.1, in 4-5 weeks! So i have been off for about 7 weeks now and have done 2 phlebotomies, script is every 4 weeks. I was down to 54.6 just prior to last pint donation, i am still waiting for lab corp results but i would assume i have moved into upper 52 range after that donation. Yes i can do donations to reduce it, but as fast as it went up i can not imagine i can keep up with it.
Any idea why a redcution in doseage from 200 every two weeks to only 160 over same time period but more frequent injections would make hct climb so fast?
Any suggestions on new startng dose now that i am getting close to being able to start up again?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
i would start with 100mg a week, 50mg twice. Sound, reasonable place to start. Consistency...you can't start and stop and change this that and the other...the body has to get to a homeostasis and won't if you're not nice and steady. HCT isn't THAT big a deal, you're on top of the phlebotomies so stop worrying...HCT is otherwise being overblown on this forum lately. Relax.

buggies100

I hear you on consistency, i had been doing the same dose,for three years. Only change was going to 80mg weekly, 40 twice a week. That is what messed me up. I agree that hct can be higher, but at 62 i was short of breath, so it was symptomatic. That is why i stopped, i am afraid a bigger does than the 40 mg would send me right back into a tailspin.

i would start with 100mg a week, 50mg twice. Sound, reasonable place to start. Consistency...you can't start and stop and change this that and the other...the body has to get to a homeostasis and won't if you're not nice and steady. HCT isn't THAT big a deal, you're on top of the phlebotomies so stop worrying...HCT is otherwise being overblown on this forum lately. Relax.

If HCT is this problem for you, HRT isn't for you, I think it's as simple as that, 40mg isn't going to produce the results you're otherwise looking for in TRT. You know number one side effect in HRT...HCT and the blood donations. I think you're overly concerned about a minute detail, that you're already on top of. But fact remains, if you're that wrapped up about HCT, you need to not use Testosterone.

Vince

Super Moderator
I hear you on consistency, i had been doing the same dose,for three years. Only change was going to 80mg weekly, 40 twice a week. That is what messed me up. I agree that hct can be higher, but at 62 i was short of breath, so it was symptomatic. That is why i stopped, i am afraid a bigger does than the 40 mg would send me right back into a tailspin.
Nelson has a good thread on How to Manage Polycythemia Caused by Testosterone Replacement Therapy, when you have time you should read it over, if you haven't already. https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...ia-Caused-by-Testosterone-Replacement-Therapy

buggies100

Thanks Vince, I have read that thread. it basically comes down to donating. As fast as mine went up last time at a dose I thought would work, I probably can not keep up with the red blood cell growth, even at monthly donations.
Contrary to some, I actually felt fine at 80 mgs per week, juast blew my HCT straight thru the roof. I will probably start at 20 msg. While high HCT may not be so bad to a point, when it effect your breathing it is a problem.
I was just thinking somebody out there had a similar problem.
I will talk to Dr in two weeks, maybe try the clomid route. I just do not see too many success stories, especially for 50+ guys

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me