Looking For Advice With These Results

Buy Lab Tests Online

silverstar

Hi Guys, long time lurker here I've gathered a lot of info and have been able to educate myself considerably from this forum.

I'm 38 years old and am starting to feel my body slowing down even though I have never been more active in my entire life. I weightlift 3 days per week, do high intensity interval training twice per week and steady state cardio once per week. I train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at least twice sometimes three or four times a week. This past year I have started feeling a bit unlike myself. Hard to get motivated some days, irritable especially in the morning, hard to get out of bed and get going, less energy. Sexually I am functioning OK but definitely feel my libido is down. My confidence also seems to not be what it used to even though my life, family, career have never been better.

Through self research on the internet it sounded like my symptoms were related to low testosterone so recently I had a blood panel done and the results are below.

Not sure where to go from here. I doubt that with total T at 514 I could be considered for TRT but am hoping someone with more experience reading bloodwork could help me out. What do you guys think?

Bloodwork.jpg

Attachments

• Bloodwork.pdf
    796.5 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Your labs do look pretty good, except your testosterone does look low for your age. I don't think you want to start TRT at age 38. I would everything possible to increase your production of testosterone naturally. Nelson does have a thread on How to Increase Testosterone Naturally, it may be a hard road to follow, but hopefully the results will be worth the effort. https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?501-How-to-Increase-Testosterone-Naturally

lcvl

When I started TRT 2 years ago, at 42 y/o, my total T was at about the same level as yours (500). In my case the problem was that my Free T levels were very, very low for my age.

Hi Guys, long time lurker here I've gathered a lot of info and have been able to educate myself considerably from this forum.

I'm 38 years old and am starting to feel my body slowing down even though I have never been more active in my entire life. I weightlift 3 days per week, do high intensity interval training twice per week and steady state cardio once per week. I train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at least twice sometimes three or four times a week. This past year I have started feeling a bit unlike myself. Hard to get motivated some days, irritable especially in the morning, hard to get out of bed and get going, less energy. Sexually I am functioning OK but definitely feel my libido is down. My confidence also seems to not be what it used to even though my life, family, career have never been better.

Through self research on the internet it sounded like my symptoms were related to low testosterone so recently I had a blood panel done and the results are below.

Not sure where to go from here. I doubt that with total T at 514 I could be considered for TRT but am hoping someone with more experience reading bloodwork could help me out. What do you guys think?

View attachment 3365

I don't see anything hormonally that could be causing your problem.

Honestly, your hormones look pretty damned good.

Have you considered maybe you're not sleeping, eating, or resting enough with all of this activity?

silverstar

Thanks for the input guys I really appreciate the responses so far.

My sleep is pretty good (8 hours per night). Diet is good too perhaps I should up the calories with all the training I do. I am 6'1" 195 lbs at around 13% body fat.

I am really just going by how I feel and like I said in the original post I just haven't been feeling like my normal self this past year.

Bchap05

Your T levels are almost identical to the results I just got. I'm 34. The 12 range pg/ml is the only one that throws me off. I read things saying that is low, others say its fine.

CoastWatcher

Were your tests ordered by a doctor, or did you order them yourself? Do you have a doctor you have faith in to help you manage your way through your challenges?

silverstar

Were your tests ordered by a doctor, or did you order them yourself? Do you have a doctor you have faith in to help you manage your way through your challenges?

I'm located in the Vancouver area of BC, Canada. I have not even approached my family doctor and instead paid to have bloodwork done while I was down in Washington a few weeks ago. I just wanted to see where I stood as far as labs go.

It seems to me that while my total T (514) is not terribly low, my free T is not terribly high either. From the basic knowledge I have gathered with my Albumin being 4.3 g/dL and my SHBG being 49.1 nmol/L my total free T is only about 1.6% which I believe may be causing some of my symptoms.

Unfortunately I have not heard of any doctors that are progressive in TRT on the westcoast of Canada. Does anyone have any recommends for doctors to try in the Vancouver, BC area?

CoastWatcher

I'm located in the Vancouver area of BC, Canada. I have not even approached my family doctor and instead paid to have bloodwork done while I was down in Washington a few weeks ago. I just wanted to see where I stood as far as labs go.

It seems to me that while my total T (514) is not terribly low, my free T is not terribly high either. From the basic knowledge I have gathered with my Albumin being 4.3 g/dL and my SHBG being 49.1 nmol/L my total free T is only about 1.6% which I believe may be causing some of my symptoms.

Unfortunately I have not heard of any doctors that are progressive in TRT on the westcoast of Canada. Does anyone have any recommends for doctors to try in the Vancouver, BC area?

I'm in Toronto, and sadly, I can't offer you a name. My doctor practiced for some years in BC prior to relocating to Ontario, and she told me, in another discussion, that she found doctors on the west coast of Canada surprisingly unsophisticated about androgen therapy in men. I regularly cross the border for labwork, since the sensitive estradiol test is not available here. What kind of relationship do you and your doctor have? Would he/she be open to you having an out-of-country consultation with the staff at Defy? No drugs are prescribed, but you could present a roadmap of an effective protocol.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me