TRT and Bad Experience w/Hair Loss -- ADVICE NEEDED

Buy Lab Tests Online
Hi everyone,

Freaking out and need some advice from the experts:

I'm a 44 year old male who began TRT therapy about 18 months ago due to prolonged periods of fatigue, joint pain and inconsistent erections. I'm a very fit adult who has been in a gym since the age of 13, a former D-1 football player, have very athletic genes & know how to exercise/diet. Baseline adult ht/weight: 6'3" 235 lbs. NEVER in my life have I touched steroids. TRT was/is my first experience. Additionally, I have sported full head of thick, dark hair my entire life.

INITIAL CYCLE OF TRT w/CYPIONATE:
My 1st yr of TRT was by all definitions successful. Doc prescribed 2 shots per week at 80 mg per shot (160 mg per week) subcutaneously in the belly fat. Results were great in terms of my stamina & recovery. My joints felt like I was 28 again. I slept better, my moods were better, erections stronger/more consistent and my flexibility improved. On the downside, I started some hair shedding at first so my doc prescribed 1 mg of finasteride 2xs/week along with using Ketoconazole shampoo. My shedding stabilized a great deal (in fact, it stopped after a while). At the end of the day, hair loss/shedding became a non-issue.

POST CYCLE:
At the end of the 9 months, my doc prescribed a 3-month regime of HCG (500 mg) + Clomid (25mg in the AM; 25mg in the PM) -- had me take this for 25 days on; 5 days off over course of 90 days. Over the 90 days, HCG/Clomid regime had me feeling weak, sluggish and fatigued. Joint pain started to return by the last few weeks and I put on some atypical belly fat. Strangely enough, my hair was never so full and thick. I would grab it and pull at it any time and nothing would come out -- amazing. Still was eager to get back on my TRT.

STARTING MY 2ND YEAR/CYCLE OF CYPIONATE:
Started TRT again Jan'17 -- same dosage 160 mg (80mg twice per week), I saw zero improvement in my workouts, stamina, level of fatigue or joint issues (meaning zero improvement from the way I felt at the end of my HCG/Clomid cycle). Despite training/dieting, my belly fat did not diminish a bit -- it was ridiculous -- wasn't diminishing a bit now despite all my efforts.

So doc upped my level of cypionate to 240mg/week (120mg 2xs/wk). He also added an aromatase inhibitor (1 mg pill 2xs/wk -- taken with each shot). Still on Finasteride (1mg 2xs/week) & Ketoconazole shampoo. After 3 weeks I'm feeling normal again. Losing excess belly fat quickly; workouts are improving & stamina returning. However, I'm now experiencing a ridiculous amount of hair shedding. It's on my pillow, in the sink, in the shower. The last thing I want is to go bald/thin.

So these are my questions:
(1) Is it the increase in cypionate that is causing this hair loss?
(2) What can I do? Should I lower my amount of cypionate? Is this amount of cypionate too much? Or will the hair loss eventually abate like it did last time?
(3) My doc also prescribed Nandrolone Decanoate (1cc/week; 10 weeks on/10weeks off) HOWEVER, I have been too freaked out to start taking the Nandrolone. I was supposed to start taking it 2 weeks ago but have been too freaked out from the current hair shedding. Should I start taking it? Or will this encourage even more hair loss?

HORMONE LEVELS VIA BLOODWORK (1/12/17 – post HCG/Clomid but before TRT cycle2):
Estradiol (pg/mL): 27
SHBG (nmol/L): 31
Testosterone (ng/dL): 306
Free Testosterone (ng/dL) (calculated): 6.29

HORMONE LEVELS VIA BLOODWORK (2/22/17 – after no results from 80mg 2xs/wk of cypionate but before increasing to 120mg 2xs/week):
Estradiol (pg/mL): less than 11
SHBG (nmol/L): 33
Testosterone (ng/dL): 413
Free Testosterone (ng/dL) (calculated): 8.44

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thx so much,

Robert

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Is there an over/under number for DHT? If so, what is it? And, if my DHT level is too high, what measure(s) do I take to get them under control?

PLease read up about Finasteride/Post-Finasteride syndrome. This is a DHT blocker and is terrible for men, your DHT is probably close to nothing.

How's your libido/sex drive/sexual function? Beyond that, how's hairloss in your family? Could be genetics that you can't fight.

PLease read up about Finasteride/Post-Finasteride syndrome. This is a DHT blocker and is terrible for men, your DHT is probably close to nothing.

How's your libido/sex drive/sexual function? Beyond that, how's hairloss in your family? Could be genetics that you can't fight.
Libido: I think about sex constantly
Drive: every chance I get
Function: it's been up and down (literally). Lately it's been more effort than usual to get and maintain an erection -- even when masturbating. It's scaring the shit out of me.
As for genetics: I've taken after my mother's side -- thick and full. This current hair loss I'm experiencing is hair from all areas of my head . . . not just the crown. That's why I'm freaking out.

How can I undo this crazy hair loss? Should I get off of everything? Do I start injecting less cypionate over the next few weeks until I can go off of it? None of this is worth going bald.

CoastWatcher

How can I undo this crazy hair loss? Should I get off of everything? Do I start objecting less cypionate over the next few weeks until I can go off of it? None of this is worth going bald.
Your primary goal is to prevent hair loss even if it returns you to a permanently hypogonadal state?

Finasteride will slow, quite possibly eliminate, hair loss. But that comes with a significant risk. Not all finasteride users, but a sufficient number to be alarming, will develop intractable libido, erectile, and fatigue issues that doctors are terrifically challenged by. Potentially for life. The earlier comments about finasteride/post-finasteride syndrome should cause you to do some (easy) digging at Google to become better informed as to what this is all about.

It it is your choice. But be sure it is an informed one.

My 1st year on TRT taking 160 mg/wk worked well. I believe that jumping it to 240 mg/wk kickstarted my hair loss. Will dialing back my cypionate injections to 160 mg/wk stop the shedding . . . or is it too late?t

HORMONE LEVELS VIA BLOODWORK (3/24/17):
Estradiol (pg/mL): 32.3
SHBG (nmol/L): 26
Testosterone (ng/dL): 634
Free Testosterone (ng/dL) (calculated): 15.66
Dihydrotestosterone (MG/dL): 21

I cut my cypionate injections back to 80mg 2x/wk but still losing hair at an alarming rate. What could be happening?

Grrrr

Your losing hair still with a DHT level of 21? is that on a range of
16-79 ng/dL?

What is your prolactin, thyroid, iron panel, cortisol?

How soon again after starting TRT did you notice hair loss?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me