Wellbutrin causing sexual dysfunction?

Buy Lab Tests Online
I'm on a successful TRT/AI/HCG protocol with Defy and have been for some time. I generally feel good mentally and can typically perform sexually when necessary, but am just...blah...don't really care and don't have any real desire.

One complicating factor is I am very low SHBG (10-15), so my total T stays mid range while my Free T is high. I know that can affect subjective benefits of TRT treatment.

Pre-dating TRT I have been on 300mg of Wellbutrin. I was on it originally because I thought I was depressed and it had the lowest sexual side effects (supposedly). I've been on it for years.

Recently I was traveling and ran out of it for several days...maybe it wasn't related but I got a decent libido boost but also interestingly more spontaneous erections as well. It was shocking. Things have tapered down now but I have also begun taking it again.

Anyone else have sexual dysfunction on Wellbutrin? Libido and erectile? Is it worth tapering and seeing if it helps? My personality is high baseline of anxiety so the Wellbutrin has always given me a bit of a nervous energy.

Thanks for any thoughts. I plan to discuss with Dr. Saya during our appointment at end of month.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HarryCat

I had gotten a nice libido boost and improved sleep taking Wellbutrin a couple of years ago. The effect lasted for maybe 8-10 weeks and then faded. Over the past 9 months or so I've been tapering off and it has now been a couple of months since my last dose. At this point I'm back to my original baseline of chronic insomnia and zero libido.

The point is that the effects of Wellbutrin can fade to nothing and that getting off may not be that difficult, and maybe you'll feel better being off it.

I think you're on the right path perhaps everything else being steady and good it might be worth considering further use of Wellbutrin. I think that that's been discussed around here.

I had gotten a nice libido boost and improved sleep taking Wellbutrin a couple of years ago. The effect lasted for maybe 8-10 weeks and then faded. Over the past 9 months or so I've been tapering off and it has now been a couple of months since my last dose. At this point I'm back to my original baseline of chronic insomnia and zero libido.

The point is that the effects of Wellbutrin can fade to nothing and that getting off may not be that difficult, and maybe you'll feel better being off it.

There tends to be a shelf life for improvements on psych meds. Meds need to be combined with a strong cognitive behavioral plan to maximize efficiency. Problem is most people don't have one in place. They return to the doctor when effectiveness wears off and the doctor just prescribes more.

Meds are not the only solution, but are best used to give a person the mental and emotional energy to work a cognitive behavioral program. A cognitive behavioral plan should be tried as stand alone first. If that fails to yield results, then meds can be an adjunct.

HarryCat

There tends to be a shelf life for improvements on psych meds. Meds need to be combined with a strong cognitive behavioral plan to maximize efficiency. Problem is most people don't have one in place. They return to the doctor when effectiveness wears off and the doctor just prescribes more.

Meds are not the only solution, but are best used to give a person the mental and emotional energy to work a cognitive behavioral program. A cognitive behavioral plan should be tried as stand alone first. If that fails to yield results, then meds can be an adjunct.

Agreed, but finding a qualified competent therapist is almost impossible in my neck of the woods. The first time I tried to find a CBT therapist about 8 years ago he just told me to buy a copy of "When Panic Attacks" by David Burns and read it. That was it, done. He was the 5th and last pysch I tried. Waste of time.

Agreed, but finding a qualified competent therapist is almost impossible in my neck of the woods. The first time I tried to find a CBT therapist about 8 years ago he just told me to buy a copy of "When Panic Attacks" by David Burns and read it. That was it, done. He was the 5th and last pysch I tried. Waste of time.

Where do you live if I may ask?

If you have health insurance, you should be able to find somebody.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me