High Intensity Training: HIT

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sean Reed

Banned
[h=3]High Intensity Training[/b]In my 42 years of training the most common problem I see in the gym is three fold: Trainees do not train with sufficient intensity, they hit body parts too frequently, and they do too much volume. Thus they fail to gain muscle, strength, conditioning or burn fat.

Muscles do not grow while you are training. Muscles grow while you are eating, sleeping, resting.
The training protocol I recommend is known as HIT, High Intensity Training. Today I will examine a High Intensity Training program based upon a traditional bodybuilding program. I recommend variations of this type training that manipulate rest periods, but those protocols will be discussed in a separate article.

The developer of HIT was a man by the name of Mike Mentzer. Mentzer believed, and he had some solid scientific data to back up his argument, that the best way to build muscle was by reducing volume and increasing intensity.

One all-out-set per exercise is the basic principle of Mentzers’ HIT training system. The greatest bodybuilder of all time, Dorian Yates modified this protocol to two all out sets. You warm the muscle up, then do 2 all out sets. Now, what does “two all-out-sets” mean? It means taking a set to the point where you cannot physically complete another rep. To achieve complete failure it may be necessary to throw in some drop-sets, rest-pause sets, forced reps or partial reps. Just keep in mind that doing more will be counterproductive

Dorian believed that after you have maximally stimulated the targeted muscle with two-all-out-sets, doing additional sets is not necessary because you have already created the stimulus for muscle growth. If you look at this concept from a scientific approach, it makes perfect sense. An all-out-set to muscular failure is going to recruit a ton of muscle fibers.

Dorian Yates’ HIT principles suggest two all-out-sets to complete failure per exercise after a proper warm up.

You don’t need to do this exact program. Adapt the intensity techniques to work for you. For example, a triple drop set where you go to failure, drop the weight and go to failure again, drop the weight and grind out one last set to failure counts as 2 all out sets. Your muscle is fried and more work will make you smaller and weaker, not bigger and stronger.

Doing more sets is not going to recruit additional muscle fibers and will cut into your recovery. That means less growth. Keep in mind that most trainees have not done or seen truly 100% effort training.

I have met Dorian, and witnessed his training. He is, by far, the hardest training IFBB pro I have ever seen (I have worked with several). Most people really do not understand what he means by High Intensity Training . Watching Dorian train, you would swear that he could not do another rep, but somehow, someway he does 3 more.

This type of training produces maximum muscle growth. Your body cannot handle this intensity every day, so a 2 on one off program, with an extra day off now and then when you need it is recommended. There may also be temporary periods when you back off on the intensity a bit but for building muscle High Intensity Training is the foundation.

This type of heavy basic training is the foundation for a lifetime of progress. 1.5-3 minute rest periods between sets will allow maximum weight to be used. The goal of each workout will be to either increase the weight for a set number of repetitions, or increase the number of repetitions. Or, as stated above, incorporate intensity techniques like drop sets, forced reps, rest pause.

This type of power bodybuilding training should take place for 5 to 8 years. In addition to muscle growth, you will set a foundation of tendon and bone strength that will serve you for decades.
Once this foundation is set, you can then move on to more advanced techniques, and techniques designed for later stages in your training career.

For example, at this point I recommend switching over to a higher rep schema. From a power bodybuilding rep schema of 3 to 10 reps to a 15 rep schema. Many do exceptionally well alternating back and forth from a lower rep power bodybuilding schema to a higher rep schema.

Eventually, I recommend my no rest between sets training protocol, but that is the subject for another article.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I wonder if you can take the intensity of a workout that high. I think it would be too hard to continue working out for the rest of your life , both physically and mentally. I also wonder about how many injuries you would have. Workout don't help if you don't do them.

Sean Reed

Banned
Hi Vince,

I am 54 and still train this way. I have been bodybuilding for 42 years. I do a no rest between sets protocol so the weights are much lighter. Doing so reduces stress on my joints and keeps my cardio robust. I believe this type of training counters any negative impact from the 300 mgs test/week program I am on.

Once in a while I will do a regular (90 second rest between sets) type workout and I am usually stronger.

Now lets go back and see how this program can be sustained, which I believe is your question.

First, I am always done with my workout in 40 minutes. Cardio, weights, everything. If I train this way 2-3 days in a row I take a day off, sometimes more.

If you are new I recommend training this way every other day, no more than 4 times a week. I train 5 days a week.

Also, you must get plenty of sleep, 8 hours a night to train this way.

Finally, I am a 100% gym rat. I LOVE TRAINING, I love martial arts. I quit my college teaching job because it was interfering w/ my training, lol. The gym is the best part of my day, one step down from training my son and one step above being w/ my wife, he he.

I realize that I am blessed to live the athletic lifestyles, and am grateful. In short I am fanatical, and I enjoy sharing my enthusiasm with others.

Every day is a gift and a blessing. I wish the same for you.

Leesto

For me I find that HIIT works extremely well. Better than other training regimens I have tried. However if I go to absolute failure on all my sets then I allow about 5 days rest before training the same muscle group again.

Injury is a definite concern but on the other hand, I find the joints, ligaments, and tendons get stronger along with the muscles - as long as you pay attention to good form and you don't do something risky. I add weight or reps every single workout. If I can't do more than I did the last time then I know one of two things happened: either 1) I didn't go to full failure during the last workout and therefore did not stimulate the muscle enough or 2) I didn't allow enough recovery time.

This is assuming the fundamentals are in place: good nutrition, sleep, hormone balance, etc.

Will Brink

High Intensity Training

The developer of HIT was a man by the name of Mike Mentzer. Mentzer believed, and he had some solid scientific data to back up his argument, that the best way to build muscle was by reducing volume and increasing intensity.

He had no scientific data to back up his approach, and a number of studies were done that found multi set protocols superior to single set (1-6). There's a good reason the HIT fad of the 80s-90s went the way of the dinosaur. There's not a single pro bber who follows it, nor high level athlete I'm aware of. HIT was not the invention of Mentzer per se, but of Arthur Jones, who was a crack pot, and Ellington Darden. Volume appears to be even more important then intensity to building muscle mass.

A few guys did OK following higher volume programs, going from early to more recent: Larry Scott, Sergio Olivia, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Franco Columbo, Frank Zane, Chris ****erson, Samir Bannout, Lee Haney, Dorian Yates, Ronnie Coleman, Dexter Jackson, Jay Cutler, to name a few, have used a volume-based training approach. Not one HIT follower among them.

One all-out-set per exercise is the basic principle of Mentzers' HIT training system. The greatest bodybuilder of all time, Dorian Yates modified this protocol to two all out sets.

Not true. I know Dorian well and spoke to him. He said he met with Mentzer once to see what his training was about, and that was it. Mentzer then goes on to claim he trained Yates, that Yates followed HIT, etc. All BS. Dorain being a nice low key guy that he is, didn't dispute it. Now, Yates did use less volume than most at the time, and was known for his "Heavy Duty" style of training, but Mentzer had no effects at all on Dorians training and he still did far more exercises and volume than HIT called for. Finally, when you have the genetics of a Dorian, much less a Mentzer, add in the AAS/PEDs, and plenty of food, any training approach will result in increased muscle mass that few others will match.

Now of course, what ended Dorian's career was the mounting injuries he suffered from training like that, and he admitted to me and in articles, had be backed off and lightened up and increased the volume he could have won a few more Mr Os.

HIT is a waste of time for most and debunked by the science since it was pushed 80s and 90s.

1. Frohlich M, Emrich E, Shmidtbleicher D., Outcome effects of single-set versus multiple-set training- an advanced replication study. Res Sports Med. 2010 Jul;18(3): 157-75
2. Kreiger JW., Single vs. multiple sets of resistance exercise for muscle hypertrophy: a meta-analysis. J Strength Cond Res. 2010 Apr; 24(4): 1150-9
3. Kreiger JW., Single versus multiple sets of resistance exercise: a meta-regression. J Strength Cond Res. 2009 Sep; 23(6): 1890-901.
4. Rhea, MR, Alvar, BA, and Burkett, LN. Single versus multiple sets for strength: a meta-analysis to address the controversy. Res Q Exerc Sport 73: 485–488, 2002.
5. Rhea, MR, Alvar, BA, Burkett, LN, and Ball, SD. A meta-analysis to determine the dose response for strength development. Med Sci Sports Exerc 35: 456–464, 2003.
6. Wolfe, BL, Lemura, LM, and Cole, PJ. Quantitative analysis of single- vs. multiple set programs in resistance training. J Strength Cond Res 18: 35–47, 2004.

Last edited:

Sean Reed

Banned
Will: I am familiar with some of your work and overall much is very good. You have been around for longer than 15 years. I like you, but I must refute your claim that low intensity training does NOT build more muscle than high intensity training.

If you are saying that lower intensity training with higher volume will put on more muscle then I am sorry your are incorrect.

The problem is you are comparing someone like Dorian to someone like Jay Cutler.

Also, on one hand you say Dorian did NOT train that way, then on the other hand you say that he developed many injuries due to HIT...which is it? Your two statements contradict each other. BTW, I can tell you in detail about Dorian's drug program, but not in public, lol

Look at Jay Cutler's training.....are you saying it is low intensity? No, it is not. You are comparing apples to apples. I am comparing HIT to the way 98% of the people in the gym train, low intensity. I come from the So Cal world of 25 years ago (remember Dan Duchain?) and I can tell you pretty much what everyone did. Drugs, training, diet...Did you know that Flex Wheeler ate at Burger king 3 weeks out from the Olympia?

IFBB pros tour after the Olympia, and that is how/why I know who did what etc. Everyone knows what everyone is doing/taking. It is widely known that Dorian was an extremely hard trainer. Also, I advocate high intensity power body building for 5-8 years to develop a foundation of muscle, tendon, ligament strength. After this period, and depending upon the individual I start favoring higher reps. Intensity is still high but training more for feel and pump come into play at this point.

Another advanced routine that has worked well is taking no rest between sets, sort of like Cross Fit (I was doing this type of workout long before Cross Fit). I personally still make strength gains doing so.

I have had a great deal of success training this way and so have my clients. But of course that is not a reliable study. In my next post (if I have time) I will examine some studies, several of which are meta studies.

Lets start with the Meta studies. I can tell just from the brief summary that the study is questionable in terms of validity and especially reliability.

Sean Reed

Banned
Thank you for your contruibutions, Will. If I argue with you it means I respect you and your opinions.

4. Rhea, MR, Alvar, BA, and Burkett, LN. Single versus multiple sets for strength: a meta-analysis to address the controversy. Res Q Exerc Sport 73: 485–488, 2002.

Single versus multiple sets for strength: a meta-analysis to address the controversy

First, this study compares one set to multiple sets. The correct concept is two all out working sets. I made it clear early on that it is two, unless there are techniques like drop sets employed.

For those who are not familiar with the technique, a meta analysis is a study of other studies. Meta studies can be very valuable, but they are vulnerable to many weaknesses regarding analysis of variance. Reah et al (1999) admits that his study is in fact vulnerable to type 2 errors (IE failing to reject the null hypothesis).

Reah admits that the findings were based upon small sample sizes, which are the case with all the studies favoring higher volume. The same is true of Reah et. al 2003. The large variances and small samples do not generate reliable conclusions. This is a somewhat fancy way of saying they are Bro Science. Personally, I have seen many people benefit from HIT, and my claim has about the same amount of statistical quality as these studies.

I am running short on time, but all these studies have one thing in common: They compare 1 set to 3 sets.

IN NEARLY NONE OF THESE STUDIES DID THEY COMPARE ONE ALL OUT SET TO THREE LOWER INTENSITY SETS.

That is why they have very little to extrapolate to bodybuilders.

In fact the 3 set protocol is similar to a one set all out protocol.

I am not a fan of the bench press, but lets look at a bench work out. The first set is nice and easy 15 reps. The next set is a moderate intensity, keeping the rep around 10. The third set is your all out set. You go to failure and do one forced rep.

We can see that in this scenario, your really are doing 3 sets. Furthermore, I (and Dorian) advocate 2 all out sets.

After the first all out set you do one more all out set with a forced rep at the end. That is 2 all out sets. Plus the 2 warm ups = 4 sets.

My argument, and I am holding it, is that anymore volume will do more harm than good. Move on to upper or lower chest.

At the end, you have your typical trainee doing a total of 5-6 sets without HIT. I conclude that the HIT way (which uses 4 sets) produces superior gains.

Finally, I can find numerous studies that support the HIT approach.

Reah et al examined is Carpinelly et al (1999), who found that one set produced superior gains to multiples. Pollak et al confirmed Carpinelly.

Will Brink

Will: I am familiar with some of your work and overall much is very good. You have been around for longer than 15 years. I like you, but I must refute your claim that low intensity training does NOT build more muscle than high intensity training.

If you are saying that lower intensity training with higher volume will put on more muscle then I am sorry your are incorrect.

No, did not say that. Correct balance of volume and intensity is what builds muscle and that will vary depending on variables such as experience level of the person. Etc. I am saying, HIT as Jones and Mentzer pushed it is inferior approach.

The problem is you are comparing someone like Dorian to someone like Jay Cutler.

Also, on one hand you say Dorian did NOT train that way, then on the other hand you say that he developed many injuries due to HIT...which is it?

You're either playing semantic games here or not paying close attention. Dorian trained at lower volumes and higher intensities than many that time, and it lead to career ending injuries. He did not at any time follow Mentzer/Jones HIT training.

Your two statements contradict each other. BTW, I can tell you in detail about Dorian's drug program, but not in public, lol

Having sat across him at dinner etc a number of times, I assure you, I'm well familiar with that.

Look at Jay Cutler's training.....are you saying it is low intensity? No, it is not.

Again, semantics. Jay trains at high volumes, much higher than and Mentzer style HIT. Known Jat since he was 16 or so, and I assure, know he trains. He trains like most successful bbers, and given genetics, etc, can get away with it where as most can't.

You are comparing apples to apples. I am comparing HIT to the way 98% of the people in the gym train, low intensity. I come from the So Cal world of 25 years ago (remember Dan Duchain?) and I can tell you pretty much what everyone did. Drugs, training, diet...Did you know that Flex Wheeler ate at Burger king 3 weeks out from the Olympia?

Dan was a close friend of mine, and speaking of Flex, high volume, good drugs, crazy genetics. Using genetic freaks as an example of any way to train, be it higher volumes, HIT, etc is a waste of time. Just FYI, Dan thought Mentzer was an idiot.

IFBB pros tour after the Olympia, and that is how/why I know who did what etc. Everyone knows what everyone is doing/taking. It is widely known that Dorian was an extremely hard trainer. Also, I advocate high intensity power body building for 5-8 years to develop a foundation of muscle, tendon, ligament strength. After this period, and depending upon the individual I start favoring higher reps. Intensity is still high but training more for feel and pump come into play at this point.

Again, hard training, using specific loading, program design, etc are the foundations of the above, vs any Mentzer HIT nonsense. Because Dorain was a "hard trainer" has no bearing on if he did Mentzer style HIT. He didn't.

Another advanced routine that has worked well is taking no rest between sets, sort of like Cross Fit (I was doing this type of workout long before Cross Fit). I personally still make strength gains doing so.

I have had a great deal of success training this way and so have my clients. But of course that is not a reliable study. In my next post (if I have time) I will examine some studies, several of which are meta studies.

Lets start with the Meta studies. I can tell just from the brief summary that the study is questionable in terms of validity and especially reliability.

That this is even a topic in 2017 is amazing. If that's how you want to train and or train your clients that's up to you, but it's far from optimal and not supported by modern strength training science and people here should be aware of that.

I'm not going to use additional time going through each meta and explain all that. I'm done with the thread. Others can follow that advice or not.

Good luck. :)

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Like Vince, I'm trying to keep away from injuries, as nothing seems to heal as fast at 50yo.

It's interesting to at least understand the concept and keep an open mind. I just did some of those "Triple Drop Sets" you mentioned, today, on the leg lift machine, and that 3rd set stun like a mthr f...r! I try to mix it up with stuff like that, but I'm trying to avoid doing failure routines with free weights.

Vince

Super Moderator
I do workout daily, no cardio, no rest between sets. I also workout only 40mins a day. But I believe the way I train is harder mentally then physically.

madman

Super Moderator
HIT is a sham! Sean Reed I have to admit you are a brave soul for entering the BRINKZONE!

You might want to read this?

51dxtZ-gTNL.jpg

Sean Reed

Banned
First, for anyone new to the bodybuilding world, Will Brink is a legend. If you are looking for someone to set up your program he is as good as it gets. He is better than me, for sure. I want to acknowledge that fact.

However, he does not provide one shred of empirical evidence to support the claim that lower intensity higher volume style training produce better gains than lower volume higher intensity. I am sure Dorian didn't like Mike (a meth addict) but the training philosophy is similar.

It is wonderful that you were a friend of Dan (RIP...we both know why Dan died) and had dinner with Dorian, but that does not in any way prove that higher volume/lower intensity training is superior. Dorian is clearly an advocate of HIT.

The studies you posted in no way prove that higher volume training is superior. They in no way offer evidence that HIT is inferior, in fact the training is not HIT, whether it be one set or three. I read them or at least the abstracts. You made a statement that you did not read them yourself when you said "I'm not going to use additional time going through each meta and explain all that." If you in fact did read them you would agree that they offer very little evidence whatsoever to refute the claim that HIT is superior. That is what is meant when statisticians say an argument does not reject the null hypotheses.

Now if you came out and said that your personally have found higher volume to work well I would believe that. You have trained way, way more people then covered in these studies, and they probably train a lot harder.

But the studies you cite do not disprove my argument for higher intensity and less volume.

Again, I have tremendous respect for you as a person, but the empirical evidence is simply not there.

In my next post I want to address Vinces' post. There is a ton of recent literature to support his (and my) type of training.

I probably won't get it done tonight, because I need to visit the studies so I can give an accurate representation of them.

The Cliff's notes version it that the type of training that Vince (and I) do has a ton of support in the academic literature.

Sean Reed

Banned
Vince, and Chris: If I have time tomorrow I will address your posts. There is a lot of recent literature out there to address your concerns.

Sean Reed

Banned
Here is Dorian's training program. It is all low volume high intensity https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dorian-yates-blood-guts-1.htm

I have bolded his 1 working set quotes. The workout targets Chest and Biceps

[h=4]Decline Barbell Bench Press[/b]2 warm up sets of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets, increase weight)

[h=4]Incline Dumbbell Press (45 degree incline)[/b]1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets, increase weight)

Dorian's Tips: Lower weight slowly, explode up.

[h=4]Dumbbell Flyes[/b]1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)

[h=4]Concentration Curls[/b]1 warm up set of 10-12 reps, 1 working set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight (1 min rest between sets)

[h=4]Barbell Curl[/b]1 set of 6-8 reps to failure, desired weight

There you have it, people. This is Dorians Blood and guts program that made him the greatest bodybuilder (IMO) of all time.

It is pure low volume high intensity.

Vince, and Chris: If I have time tomorrow I will address your posts. There is a lot of recent literature out there to address your concerns.

Suffice it say, you're not going to change any one here, no one really gives a flip what training regimen you want to push, you're just arguing to argue which isn't going to make your stay here very long. Further, when you're shooting 300mgs a week, doing a mini-cycle and whatever else you're using, which isn't in the format of this forum, (HRT), is what enables your own little gym world HIT sham.

I'd suggest you check out TNation and populate that forum, you'll find it more accommodating to your goals. Or spend some time on this forum reading, less posting, and try to fit in.

Sean Reed

Banned
Hi Vince Carter,

It is perfectly fine if you are not interested in the information and knowledge I bring to the table. My raison d'etre is to examine empirically verifiable data as it applies to the building of muscle and other objectives. I want to help people achieve their dreams and goals.

For example, lets look at your claim that 300 mgs is not in line with "the format of this forum, (HRT)."

That amount is being prescribed by one of the leading TRT docs in the world, Larry Lipschultz. https://www.larrylipshultz.com/

I discuss this fact because Lipschultz would not risk his reputation if he felt that 300 mgs were not safe.

I am sorry if you feel that the above is not consistent with the forum, but it is.

If I post an article I wrote on TRT or the lab work you should be getting if you are on TRT, would that make you happy? Yes?

OK I will do so. This forum emphasizes (and rightly so) the importance of lab work. It also does an excellent job in terms of providing a reasonably priced way for men to get the labs they need.

Again, I apologize if you are upset by the fact that I am not in agreement with Will. Please understand that I like Will, but I like examining the empirical evidence even more.

What Will and I were engaging in was a vigorous debate about the facts. My claim was/is/ that the facts do not support the claim that lower intensity higher volume training produces more gains that higher intensity lower volume training.

The evidence clearly supports the latter, and also is illustrated if we examine Dorians' training protocol.

Lets please stay OT. This is an important debate. Wills opinion is highly valued. My disagreement is with the fundamentals of his argument, not him.

He is an extremely well regarded person when it comes to bodybuilding, however that has little bearing upon the facts of this debate.

Last edited:

Sean Reed

Banned
Hi Vince,

First, would you be so kind as to give me more specifics about your training? Do you know what your heart rate is while you are training?

I ask because my goal is to keep mine over 80% of VO2 Max. If you go straight from one set to the next your heart rate should be elevated very high. Also, at 54 I have gotten the clearance from my doc (FP) and a Cardiologist that my body can handle this type of training.

My theory is that as long as I can perform these extremely HI workouts that tax both the muscles and the body's cardiovascular system, that I will not die, LOL.

I got this idea from looking at Helio Gracie. He lived to 96 (app.) and he trained in GJJ. 20 minutes of straight no rest grappling. This type of training is very similar to no rest weight training, as it taxes both muscles and the whole cardio system.

I constructed my training to simulate HI martial arts training like BJJ, Wrestling, Boxing etc.

Of course this is all just my own speculation. The larger, and more important question is if it applies to a larger number of trainee's.

I believe that the answer is yes, and I can back that up with well designed academic studies. It will take me a while to go hunt the studies down. I read them at some point in the past but I need to revisit them in order to present them as evidence.

Sean Reed

Banned
Like Vince, I'm trying to keep away from injuries, as nothing seems to heal as fast at 50yo.

It's interesting to at least understand the concept and keep an open mind. I just did some of those "Triple Drop Sets" you mentioned, today, on the leg lift machine, and that 3rd set stun like a mthr f...r! I try to mix it up with stuff like that, but I'm trying to avoid doing failure routines with free weights.

Hi Chris,

The system that I currently use enables me to load the muscles harder while at the same time putting less stress on the joints/tendons. You may want to consider giving it a try. If so I can post up a program for you.

I have not laid out this training protocol yet but I will soon. I have mentioned that it is a no rest between sets system.

First, you will want to get medical clearance because the program taxes your cardio system to the max.

For example, I start with a giant set for my back. I go from rows to pull downs to pullovers with no rest between sets.

I am huffing and puffing by this time. I usually finish this routine in 20 minutes. Drenched in sweat, and still huffing and puffing I make my way to the treadmill. 12 minutes on the treadmill and boom: 32 minutes of cardio AND a complete back/trap/rear delt workout.

This training supercharges your body systemically so that it is processing calories like crazy. Your body will continue to burn through a ton of calories for the next 2-3 hours.

The criticism of this training is that you must use lighter weight. Lighter weight should mean less muscle hypertrophy and less strength gains.

To test this theory, every now and then I will do a regular basic 90 second rest between sets workout.

What I found shocked me: I was stronger than I was 6 months ago...but how can this be? My theory is that the muscle does not know it is using lighter weight. It only knows that it is being taxed, and taxed hard.

Of course a study of one is hardly scientific evidence. I can only say that this has happened in my case, and with people I have trained.

As stated above, this workout taxes the muscles more with less weight. Less stress is on the joints/tendons, and more stress is put upon the muscle.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Suffice it say, you're not going to change any one here, no one really gives a flip what training regimen you want to push, you're just arguing to argue which isn't going to make your stay here very long. Further, when you're shooting 300mgs a week, doing a mini-cycle and whatever else you're using, which isn't in the format of this forum, (HRT), is what enables your own little gym world HIT sham.

I'd suggest you check out TNation and populate that forum, you'll find it more accommodating to your goals. Or spend some time on this forum reading, less posting, and try to fit in.

The whole purpose of forums like Excel Male is to gather viewpoints and information, even if it conflicts with what our beliefs or methods on how we currently approach various topics. There's exceptions to this, e.g., when it's obvious someone is trolling, spamming, or submitting advise that can be conceived as reckless to other members. Heck, I had a doctor with a very reputable clinic prescribe me 300mg/wk for several years ... I didn't take that much, but yeah, that was his prescription amount.

As I see it, Sean is providing his experiences with a program that has apparently worked very well for him for many years. I don't see anything indicating an agenda for solicitation, and no links pointing members to a site to grab their $$! For me personally, I don't think making a full-on change to HIT would be my thing, BUT, I am more that 110% open to learn as much as I can; possibly finding certain distinctions and contrast that can be implemented into my routine. Kind of like some of the diets/nutrition, the more I can learn about what's out there is the better informed I will be to make the best decisions for myself.

Will said it best with, "Others can follow that advise or not". If rules get broken, or reckless comments or "advise" starts developing (with anyone), STAFF in conjunction with Nelson will make that determination on how long someone will be staying. Until then, if someone starts a thread about some Tibet Meditation Program, and they passionately want to explain how it will make us healthier, then power to them. It probably won't be a thread I subscribe to, but who am I to interfere with someone wanting to passionately articulate their experiences on something that has been successful to their health achievements?

Peace ...

Sean Reed

Banned
Thank you, Chris. I could not have said it better myself.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this forum is enriched by opinions that may not concur. The more Sean Reeds and Will Brinks you have (and I am sure there are many others even smarter) the better.

All boats are raised by an increased informational tide. Ultimately, the individual must decide which is correct for them. Some may do better on higher volume with periodization, others will do better with HIT and less volume/frequency. For example, Dorian hit a BP every 6 days and a local IFBB pro I worked with does higher volume hitting a BP twice a week.

One last thing: I am actually a big advocate of meditation, LOL.

I have an absolute passion for bodybuilding, improving human performance in general, and martial arts. TRT allows me to train like an animal in both bodybuilding and martial arts at the age of 54.

My goal is to share my passion with others.

In terms of me coming here to make money, I would love to do business via this forum, but doing so would require approval from the mods and a full discussion of everything that entails. We are nowhere even close to that, I am just getting a feel for the place and seeing if I fit in.

It seems that the primary goal of this forum is enhancing health and enabling member's to live an athletic lifestyle.

I work with a lot of competitive bodybuilders and martial artists but I like to bring what I have learned to others

Competitive bodybuilding is an extremely unhealthy endeavor. The amounts of drugs used are mind boggling. It is about winning, not health.

Most of the members here are not looking to get on stage, they are normal guys who just want to look, feel and perform better as they move into old age. I have a lot of experience with how various compounds work in and on the body.

I also can tell you that moderate steroid use will make you much healthier, if you choose to live the athletic lifestyle.

I have an article about how and why we have been lied to in regards to steroids. Moderate testosterone and GH use will make you healthier! See the bent over older man with dementia? Low T and GH.

I want all of us to live our life's to the fullest.

I see a lot of men here who think that if they hit the 200 mg/week target they will go into a homicidal roid rage and then die the next day of a heart attack. That is what the media and our government want us to believe, but it is not true.

Finally, I am what is known as a very fast metabolizer of drugs. My TT and FT are less than half of what most others would get from 300 mgs.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching