Feel like crap when my E2 is low.

Buy Lab Tests Online

curtissj37

I always feel like crap when my E2 is low and/or when I take the Anastrozole/DIM. My last blood tests, attached, show my E2 in the 40s. When I first take the Anastrozole, within 24 hours I feel like crap. Three days later, when it goes up to the 40s to 60s, I feel better. I cannot get/maintain an erection after taking the anastrozole/DIM. Six months ago my E-2 was in the low 60s and I felt pretty good. After taking the Anastrozole/DIM I felt like crap. My current does of Anastrozole/DIM is .35/200.

I take low dose morphine and oxycodone for a neck and back injury. I do believe there is an issue with anastrozole/DIM and the opiate pain killers? I heard that the pain killers make the anastrozole work too quickly and it lowers the E2 too low, clears my system too quickly, and then the E2 shoots back up higher. That is what I read on other forums, not sure if that is true.

I am currently treated at Defy and they do a great job. I just have to get this E2 problem fixed. My next consult is at the end of the month.

Attachments

• Lab Results 3-13-2017.pdf
    437.5 KB · Views: 107
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
So what can we deduce here...you feel fine @ E = 43, you take Anastrozole and feel poorly then it wears off and you feel fine again. Sounds pretty obvious conclusion to me, right?

hint: 40 (or 43) is no reason to be taking anastrozole.

curtissj37

Vince, that is what I am thinking. If I go a couple of weeks without the Anastrozole/DIM, my E2 elevates into the 60s. My blood tests 6 months ago were Total Testosterone 1010 and E2 was 63.1. I felt good with those numbers. A little more aggressive, more energy, ability to perform in the bedroom was getting better. I was just concerned with the high E2 number so I started back on the Anastrozole/DIM.

Thing we like to hold on to around here is don't treat a number on a test...if you're not negatively impacted with symptoms like nipple issues then why treat it? Everyone has a different E2 that suits them.

Leesto

I started out with a low E2 experience like you. Felt like crap. Stopped the AI completely and then let 6 weeks go by before testing and before considering any other changes. It was hard to wait those 6 weeks but I knew that was the only way to get the protocol dialed in.

As it turned out, I should never have been on an AI from the start. I have never taken it since that time and I feel pretty darn good!

curtissj37

Leesto, thank you for sharing your experience. I will give it 4 to 6 weeks and see how I feel. I will also follow up with bloodwork. I look forward to getting this dialed in.

Leesto

So what's the problem?

Low E2 = feel bad

Higher E2 = feel good

Simple. Maintain a higher E2. I think this is just caused by number concerns.

Simple is good!

Too many health professionals and too many TRT patients have very complex (and often unsubstantiated) beliefs about the effect of low or high E2 in males. The more I learn the more I see that there is very little clinical data to support those beliefs. I can't tell when I'm high, but I sure can tell when I'm low! It's like PMS and Menopause put together.

I like your simple summary: Low E2 = feel bad; Higher E2 = feel good. That formula has just as much science behind it as most of the stuff you can read online.

Simple is good!

Too many health professionals and too many TRT patients have very complex (and often unsubstantiated) beliefs about the effect of low or high E2 in males. The more I learn the more I see that there is very little clinical data to support those beliefs. I can't tell when I'm high, but I sure can tell when I'm low! It's like PMS and Menopause put together.

I like your simple summary: Low E2 = feel bad; Higher E2 = feel good. That formula has just as much science behind it as most of the stuff you can read online.

Oh I wasn't implying that my statement referred to all men, just OP based on what he said.

It's like saying I like chocolate, not vanilla, should I eat vanilla? I mean, I really do like chocolate, but then there's vanilla, and others like it, maybe I should try it?

I don't get it. The grass is always greener I guess.

Sabinator

I've had the same exp. when my E 2 was at 34 I had issues but stopped the E blocker and feel great. Don't even care anymore what the doctors think

Vin

Leesto, thank you for sharing your experience. I will give it 4 to 6 weeks and see how I feel. I will also follow up with bloodwork. I look forward to getting this dialed in.

I'm new on trt but after reading all the pros and cons to AI, I was on the fence .. I tried the Ai only 2x and (not sure if it was just mental) but didn't feel good those nights sleeping .,

I just researched others and the alternative more natural route of Dim "Diindolylmethane" or eat a shit load of broccoli .. ha., so I'm going to try that as I saw a video from a knowledgeable person regarding "Dim" helping with the estrogen that diminishes Testosterone., anyway ., maybe try just the dim and like others said keep away from the Ai for now..

Oh I wasn't implying that my statement referred to all men, just OP based on what he said.

This is a VERY important point johndoesmith! We can almost NEVER come up with broad sweeping generalizations when it comes to HRT/TRT as everyone is so unique and everyone's response is so individualized. As a perfect example, as where OP from the posts here seems to feel better subjectively at E2 levels even up to the 60's and worse with E2 levels down near the 30's...there are an equal if not greater number of guys who demonstrate the exact OPPOSITE pattern. This is why adjusting, monitoring, re-evaluating, and re-adjusting is so important (as we like to call it "dialing in the protocol" to try to find the right "formula" for each individual). THAT is where longterm success or failure of a regimen/protocol is determined 90+% of the time.

This is a VERY important point johndoesmith! We can almost NEVER come up with broad sweeping generalizations when it comes to HRT/TRT as everyone is so unique and everyone's response is so individualized. As a perfect example, as where OP from the posts here seems to feel better subjectively at E2 levels even up to the 60's and worse with E2 levels down near the 30's...there are an equal if not greater number of guys who demonstrate the exact OPPOSITE pattern. This is why adjusting, monitoring, re-evaluating, and re-adjusting is so important (as we like to call it "dialing in the protocol" to try to find the right "formula" for each individual). THAT is where longterm success or failure of a regimen/protocol is determined 90+% of the time.

Haha, what can I say, I've spent some time recently looking at a LOT of protocols!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me