Zinc supplementation and MRI exam with contrast dye

Buy Lab Tests Online

Re-Ride

Zinc supplementation is popular with men including many on TRT . Those who have an MRI planned which includes the use of a contrast dye may wish to stop taking the zinc in advance of the exam.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4879157/

Patients are told the dye is safe because the heavy metal Gadolinium is chelated and cleared from the body by the kidneys. Gd may become dissociated to its free form which then may then be deposited in the brain and / or elsewhere resulting in serious long term side effects. Transmetallation with Zn is postulated to be one cause of Gd accumulation in tissues.

If you are told that Gd dyes are 100% safe because they are eliminated shortly after the exam don't believe it. To get an accurate diagnosis, for that of a kidney mass for instance, you may not have a choice in refusing the dye. The risk should be properly disclosed and you may be able to mitigate somewhat by being off certain supplements in advance of the exam.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Re-Ride

You're quite welcome Vince. Prevention, making informed decisions on facts, evidence rather than blind trust in the Big Pharma-medical delivery complex because we know better are themes of interest here.

When you think about it, the promise that after injection in to your veins "virtually all the (toxic) Gd will be rendered safe by containing it "within" a manufactured compound which will then be entirely excreted by the kidney" is fanciful. GE covered up research demonstrating that its dye compound is not as stable as represented.

Should an initial MRI reveal something of interest there will almost certainly be multiple follow-up exams adding cumulative burden. It would be malpractice for the physician monitoring a mass not to offer them and a difficult decision on the part of the pt to refuse.

My recent experience was that there was -0- disclosure of risk. When I presented evidence there was denial and insistence that no Gd could possibly be absorbed. No advice was given to either limit supplementation prior to the exam or to take measures to flush out as much as possible as quickly as possible post-exam.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me