Zinc Improved my Semen

Buy Lab Tests Online

stevep

I purchased a cheap OTC Zinc supplement (50mg daily (corrected from original post)) from Walmart a couple weeks ago. I read where Zinc is good for your immune system and wound healing. Between our puppy playing, or me being in the woods hunting I seem to get scrapes or small cuts on my hands/arms. I wanted to see if this would decrease recovery time. What I didn't realize it could, and has turned my semen a thick white-creamy substance and there seems to be larger amounts.

I'm not complaining, but it's interesting. Prior to starting Zinc my semen was watery and clear; it no longer lacks luster. :cool: Oh, and I believe it has helped with wound recovery time.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Thanks for sharing. This study found that 10.4 mg/day of dietary zinc worked at preserving semen volume. Anything below that decreased sperm volume AND testosterone. Not sure what would have happened with a dose of 30 mg/day (more commonly used). They also did not mention if the diet contained enough copper to balance the zinc out.

Am J Clin Nutr. 1992 Jul;56(1):148-57.

Effects of dietary zinc depletion on seminal volume and zinc loss, serum testosterone concentrations, and sperm morphology in young men.

Hunt CD1, Johnson PE, Herbel J, Mullen LK.

Abstract

Identification of the andrological variables most sensitive to zinc depletion would expedite the diagnosis of male reproductive pathology induced by zinc deficiency. Eleven volunteers living on a metabolic ward were fed a diet composed of a mixture of a semisynthetic formula and conventional foods supplemented with ZnSO4 to supply a total of 1.4, 2.5, 3.4, 4.4, or 10.4 mg Zn/d. After an equilibration period of 28 d (10.4 mg Zn/d), all treatments were presented for 35 d each, the first four in random order and the fifth last. Compared with when they were consuming 10.4 mg Zn/d, volunteers consuming 1.4 mg Zn/d exhibited decreased semen volumes (3.30 vs 2.24 mL) and serum testosterone concentrations (26.9 vs 21.9 nmol/L), and no change in seminal zinc concentrations. Compared with 10.4 mg Zn/d, treatments of 1.4, 2.5, and 3.4 mg Zn/d decreased the total semen zinc loss per ejaculate (6.29 vs 3.81, 4.68, and 5.03 mumols/ejaculate). Seminal loss accounted for 9% of total body zinc loss when 1.4 mg Zn/d was consumed. Seminal phosphorus concentrations were elevated during all four phases of zinc depletion (28.4 vs 32.9, 31.0, 34.2, and 33.6 mmol/L). The findings suggest that serum testosterone concentrations, seminal volume, and total seminal zinc loss per ejaculate are sensitive to short-term zinc depletion in young men.

Vince

Super Moderator
Steve interesting thread, I like jarrow brand of zinc, it's a zinc balance. 15mg of zinc and 1mg of copper, I take two a day.

Pauly_P

Zinc sound like another good supplement we should be taking. I just got done with Dr. Shippen's book, recommended on this site. He touts 50mg of zinc twice a day to control estrogen (among other things). I had never seen that before.

madman

Super Moderator
Nuts are high in phytic acid which binds to minerals and makes them unavailable due to its chelating properties. Studies have shown that phytic acid inhibits absorption of iron,zinc,calcium,magnesium and maganese. I would not rely on whole grains/nuts/beans and legumes as sources of zinc. Beef/poultry/fish/seafood/dairy/whole eggs would be my preference and of course a zinc supplement if one does not consume enough from food sources.Reduction of phytic acid and enhancement of bioavailable micronutrients in food grains

Vince

Super Moderator
Madman thanks for the for the study. One thing I always try to eat everyday is 6 jumbo eggs, after reading your thread on whole eggs increase your HDL it really is a motivator for me to continue eating them.

get'n there

I tried Zinc 50mg from Walmart last month 1 a day. I went from normal stools to loose stools and it seems I was getting slight headaches from time to time. I read about Zinc and saw the symptoms; recommended dose is 11 mg a day, not 50. I stopped & so did the symptoms. Watch for symptoms. They are a clue. Zinc can be more of a problem than a help from the small amount I've read.

I get a zinc from food; egg, chicken, pork, spinach, sardines, kipper, two or more of these a day.

stevep

I tried Zinc 50mg from Walmart last month 1 a day. I went from normal stools to loose stools and it seems I was getting slight headaches from time to time. I read about Zinc and saw the symptoms; recommended dose is 11 mg a day, not 50. I stopped & so did the symptoms. Watch for symptoms. They are a clue. Zinc can be more of a problem than a help from the small amount I've read.

Knock on wood I haven't experienced any of the side effects mentioned in these post.

Steve interesting thread, I like jarrow brand of zinc, it's a zinc balance. 15mg of zinc and 1mg of copper, I take two a day.

I started with taking 1 a day of the exact same stuff with the occasional 2 a day for a couple of months, now I just got another bottle and am doing 2 a day to see how it goes.

stevep

I started with taking 1 a day of the exact same stuff with the occasional 2 a day for a couple of months, now I just got another bottle and am doing 2 a day to see how it goes.

What difference has it made for you? I take it you haven't had any negative side effects with it either.

Vince

Super Moderator

The Jarrow brand has become really popular, for me it's actually getting a little harder to get.

No negative effects that I can tell, I do seem to have more body hair in the last couple of months, semen is thicker, almost too thick really.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Abstract
Objectives: To clarify factors associated with semen quality and confirm whether there is an association between semen quality and serum zinc concentration.

Methods: A semen test was performed on 217 men just after or just before marriage. Variables assessed in the study were: age; symptomatic scores, including sexual function evaluated using several specific questionnaires; endocrinological profiles, especially follicle-stimulating hormone; and serum zinc concentrations. Based on World Health Organization criteria for assessing sperm quality, semen volume ≥1.5 mL, sperm concentration ≥15 million/mL, or sperm motility rate ≥40%, the men were grouped according to whether they had values below or above these criteria. The two groups were compared with regard to the study variables, and correlation between serum zinc concentration and semen quality was evaluated. Independent predictors for inclusion in the group with values below the criteria were investigated further.

Results: Of the 217 men included in the study, 45 (20.7%) were categorized as having values below the World Health Organization criteria. The men in this group were significantly older and had significantly worse sexual function, significantly higher follicle-stimulating hormone levels, and significantly lower serum zinc concentrations, than those in the group with values above the criteria. There was no significant correlation between serum zinc concentration and semen quality. However, the independent predictors for having values below the criteria in binomial logistic regression analysis were follicle-stimulating hormone and serum zinc concentration.

Conclusion: We suggest that semen analysis may be considered in men with a low level of serum zinc and high level of follicle-stimulating hormone when developing a life plan for fertilization.

Keywords: follicle-stimulating hormone; newlywed men; poor semen quality; serum zinc concentration; sexual dysfunction.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me