Zinc and Libido

Buy Lab Tests Online

Diablo666

Hi,

I have seen a lot of people take zing while on TRT, it is reported in many sites as helping with sex drive, natural estrogen control through mild aromatization blocking, etc. It is also found in oysters and stuff which are known for their aphrodisiacs effects.

BUT

It apparently inhibits 5AR activity, which would reduce DHT, probably not in a significant way, or at least it would prevent T to convert to as much as DHT as possible. So to my this is contradictory, how can it help with libido and helps with E2 if at the same time it inhibit 5AR? if any, 5AR activity is what is needed to avoid overaromatizing.

Please help me, I am not sure if Zinc is good for me or not. When I have taken it I have not noticed any difference, maybe a mild boost in libido for a few days but then fades, but not sure of it is even because of the zinc.

Appreciate any inputs.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Golfboy307

Zinc is also very important to your immune system. First of all you should see if you are deficient in zinc. There are several oral strips/challenges that can tell you. I take a zinc supplement everyday and I think it has helped with E2 control. My DHT stays in the middle to upper middle of the normal range. (I am on injections not cream). Overall I think it is a beneficial supplement for me.

Vince

Super Moderator

Diablo666

Thanks Vince, I agree Zinc is beneficial for several things, but still confused on the libido thing. If goal is to raise DHT and control E2, that is where I have found conflicting answers.

Vvs1

I want to say 15-25 mg of supplemental zinc is the point where it inhibits DHT.

If you live in America, you’re definitely fine with zinc (and sodium) because it’s in nearly every processed food and in meat. You’re more likely to be copper (and potassium) deficient. My RBC copper was at the bottom of the normal range (RBC zinc was fine).

So many websites lie and claim we’re in copper overload when it’s the complete opposite.

I supplement with low dose zinc only through a natural food vitamin made by ATP science. Any man made zinc makes me feel awful.

And I do supplement with man made copper at 1/3 DV.

C

Chroniclowe

I want to say 15-25 mg of supplemental zinc is the point where it inhibits DHT.
It is actually opposite, low dose zinc(15-25mg day) boost dht and 25mg+ dosages inhibits it. Been there done that. 40mg zinc supplement(combined with copper) day i was limp as fuck, no any libido, and beard dropped like crazy. 25mg zinc supplement day(with copper) im fine and get libido boost,and beard is fine too.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chroniclowe

I like supplementing with boron 6 mg daily and Jarrow zinc balance. For me, it works great.
What dosage zinc you use? I like the sleep benefits too with 25mg zinc supplement and anti anxiety effects.

Vince

Super Moderator
Zinc Balance® is a synergistic combination of Zinc L-Methionine and Copper Gluconate in a 15:1 ratio of zinc to copper. Zinc L-Methionine resists absorption interference from fiber and phytic acid.*

15 mg of zinc, I take two a day.

Vvs1

It is actually opposite, low dose zinc(15-25mg day) boost dht and 25mg+ dosages inhibits it. Been there done that. 40mg zinc supplement(combined with copper) day i was limp as fuck, no any libido, and beard dropped like crazy. 25mg zinc supplement day(with copper) im fine and get libido boost,and beard is fine too.

I should have said 15-25mg is where it *starts* decreasing DHT.

Most zinc supplements on store shelves are 50mg pills and recommend 50 mg a day.

I have the same experience as you with higher zinc. I take a low whole food zinc dose maybe once or twice a week.

Willyt

I have been wondering the same. All I know is that the nights I take it I have erections the next morning. But haven’t figured out way to translate that to sexy time.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me