Xyosted

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

It's just ethanate injected SQ, so you're basically looking for experiences with SQ and this forum is littered with threads on this very topic.

Cooper

It's just ethanate injected SQ, so you're basically looking for experiences with SQ and this forum is littered with threads on this very topic.

Yes I understand that. I was just interested in opinions on the use, effectiveness, etc... of the autoinjector.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
This guy really likes it. For some reason he can't handle injecting himself normally, so this product saves him from frequent visits to the doctor. He is fortunate that his insurance covers the cost.

One other point in favor is that Xyosted has a longer half-life than regular testosterone cypionate/enanthate. This means there's not too much hormonal fluctuation even with only weekly injections.

madman

Super Moderator
Anyone know if this will soon be available in Canada?

*Both Xyosted® and Jatenzo® have not been approved or available for sale in Canada at this time.

Mind you oral testosterone undecanoate (Andriol®) has been available in Canada since 1992.

Doubtful Xyosted will be available in Canada anytime soon and even then I could see big pharma most likely trying to prevent it from happening due to competition with the most commonly prescribed esterified injectable testosterone medications Delatestry and Depo-Testosterone which are manufactured here.

Xyosted is manufactured by Antares Pharma Inc. based in the US.

Depo-Testosterone® (Testosterone Cypionate)

Pfizer Canada Inc.
17, 300 Trans-Canada Highway
Kirkland, Quebec H9J 2M5
Canada

Delatestryl® (Testosterone Enanthate)

Valeant Canada LP
2150 Blvd. St-Elzear West
Laval, Quebec H7L 4A8
Canada

Xyosted® (Testosterone Enanthate)

Antares Pharma Inc.
100 Princeton S #300,
Ewing Township, NJ 08628
United States

*Both Xyosted® and Jatenzo® have not been approved or available for sale in Canada at this time.

Mind you oral testosterone undecanoate (Andriol®) has been available in Canada since 1992.

Doubtful Xyosted will be available in Canada anytime soon and even then I could see big pharma most likely trying to prevent it from happening due to competition with the most commonly prescribed esterified injectable testosterone medications Delatestry and Depo-Testosterone which are manufactured here.

Xyosted is manufactured by Antares Pharma Inc. based in the US.

Depo-Testosterone® (Testosterone Cypionate)

Pfizer Canada Inc.
17, 300 Trans-Canada Highway
Kirkland, Quebec H9J 2M5
Canada

Delatestryl® (Testosterone Enanthate)

Valeant Canada LP
2150 Blvd. St-Elzear West
Laval, Quebec H7L 4A8
Canada

Xyosted® (Testosterone Enanthate)

Antares Pharma Inc.
100 Princeton S #300,
Ewing Township, NJ 08628
United States
Thanks for the Reply.

Fortunate

This guy really likes it. For some reason he can't handle injecting himself normally, so this product saves him from frequent visits to the doctor. He is fortunate that his insurance covers the cost.

One other point in favor is that Xyosted has a longer half-life than regular testosterone cypionate/enanthate. This means there's not too much hormonal fluctuation even with only weekly injections.
Why does Xyosted have a longer half life than off-the-shelf Test enanthate?

I used Xyosted at various doses for a while. Somehow, the auto injector is the most painless injection I have ever done. It is also nice to know the precise dose with no variation. It worked well for me, but I think after a few months, my peak-trough gradually rose and I started having side effects.

That said, after trying to "simplify" my protocol and make life easier and better, I just got labs drawn and total T is 177 with free T of 3.3. Needless to say, I feel pretty crappy right now. May be time to go back to Xyosted.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
We think it's due to the lack of benzyl alcohol in the product. Benzyl alcohol enhances absorption, though it is used in testosterone formulations for its bacteriostatic behavior. A one-time use product such as Xyosted does not require this protection from bacteria because it remains sterile until it is used.

Fortunate

Interesting. I wonder if the alcohol could be a headache trigger, which I see less of with Xyosted compared to enanthate from a vial.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I suppose it's possible. The safety data include headache in the list of side effects. But for most people this would require relatively large amounts.

Cooper

I used Xyosted at various doses for a while. Somehow, the auto injector is the most painless injection I have ever done. It is also nice to know the precise dose with no variation. It worked well for me, but I think after a few months, my peak-trough gradually rose and I started having side effects.

That said, after trying to "simplify" my protocol and make life easier and better, I just got labs drawn and total T is 177 with free T of 3.3. Needless to say, I feel pretty crappy right now. May be time to go back to Xyosted.
So did you stop TRT altogether?

madman

Super Moderator

Fundamental understanding of drug absorption from a parenteral oil depot (2016)

CONCLUSIONS

It is interesting to realize that drug absorption from an oil depot cannot entirely be described by a simple two-phase mass transfer model where concentration gradients, diffusion, and partition coefficients would enable the calculation of the expected absorption. It is demonstrated in this dissertation that there is a role of the excipient BOH in yielding an initially high absorption. The oil depot forms a continuous phase after injection but will be dispersed and encapsulated at the injection site after some days. This in turn largely influences the way the prodrug becomes available; after release from the oil depot, it is present in the interstitial fluid which is drained through the lymph into the systemic circulation. Subsequently, the prodrug permeates through the wall of blood cells and is hydrolyzed. Both the lymph transport and the cell wall permeation take time which is expressed in a lag time. This lag time is different for each injection site: a subcutaneously administered prodrug will enter the systemic circulation via a short path and at a low drainage flow. This results in a short lag time and a slow absorption rate constant of the prodrug. Deeper administered prodrugs (i.e. intramuscular injections) are suggested to be absorbed via a longer path, but at a higher flow, which results in a longer lag time but a higher absorption rate constant of the prodrug.
Screenshot (5595).png

Figure 7.2: Schematic overview of the new insights into drug absorption from oil depots. After release from the oil depot (yellow circle at the injection site), the prodrug is transferred towards the central compartment via the lymphatic system. Here, it will be hydrolyzed to the active substance (see circle). ka = absorption rate constant; ke = elimination rate constant.

Formulation

XYOSTED is an SC drug/medical device combination product. Each single-use prefilled XYOSTED auto-injector contains sterile, preservative-free TE in nonpyrogenic clear colorless to yellow solution for SC administration of a fixed volume of 0.5 mL yielding final delivered doses of 50 mg, 75 mg, or 100 mg TE. TE is contained within a single-dose syringe with a 27-gauge, ½-inch needle with a soft needle shield within an auto-injector, which is equipped with a needle safety guard and safety cap. Each XYOSTED device provided a single dose as a single injection.

XYOSTED (testosterone enanthate) is supplied as an auto-injector device intended for SC injection.

Xyosted is preservative-free.

I use big pharma Delatestryl (testosterone enanthate) and the only difference, when compared to Xyosted, is that it has 0.5% chlorobutanol as a preservative. It is available in glass vials containing 5 mL, sealed with latex-free stoppers.

Regarding half-lives keep in mind that a majority of studies on the PK/PD of the various T-esters were done using IM (once weekly/fortnightly) injections in a small number of subjects and most of the literature is from decades ago.

There are many other factors that affect the rate at which the testosterone is released from the oily depot at the injection site.

Sub-q vs IM, the volume of injection, injection depth, site of injection, lymphatic flow, the concentration of BOH (benzyl alcohol) are other possible factors that can affect absorption rates of the esterified hormone.

I have stated in the past that BOH apparently causes a large bolus of the prodrug to be released earlier which was discussed in this paper that I posted in a thread from 2018.

*It is demonstrated in this dissertation that there is a role of the excipient BOH in yielding an initially high absorption.

I know there are even nandrolone studies showing that the addition of BOH (benzyl alcohol) which is commonly used in many injectable preparations has been shown to cause two distinct peaks.....one early and another days later as the BOH apparently causes a large bolus of the prodrug to be released early.

Benzyl alcohol (BOH) is a commonly used excipient in oil depots in concentrations ranging from 1.5-10% v/v and is used as a

*solubility enhancer
*oil viscosity reducer

*local anesthetic

Fortunate

Fundamental understanding of drug absorption from a parenteral oil depot (2016)

CONCLUSIONS

It is interesting to realize that drug absorption from an oil depot cannot entirely be described by a simple two-phase mass transfer model where concentration gradients, diffusion, and partition coefficients would enable the calculation of the expected absorption. It is demonstrated in this dissertation that there is a role of the excipient BOH in yielding an initially high absorption. The oil depot forms a continuous phase after injection but will be dispersed and encapsulated at the injection site after some days. This in turn largely influences the way the prodrug becomes available; after release from the oil depot, it is present in the interstitial fluid which is drained through the lymph into the systemic circulation. Subsequently, the prodrug permeates through the wall of blood cells and is hydrolyzed. Both the lymph transport and the cell wall permeation take time which is expressed in a lag time. This lag time is different for each injection site: a subcutaneously administered prodrug will enter the systemic circulation via a short path and at a low drainage flow. This results in a short lag time and a slow absorption rate constant of the prodrug. Deeper administered prodrugs (i.e. intramuscular injections) are suggested to be absorbed via a longer path, but at a higher flow, which results in a longer lag time but a higher absorption rate constant of the prodrug.
View attachment 15100

Figure 7.2: Schematic overview of the new insights into drug absorption from oil depots. After release from the oil depot (yellow circle at the injection site), the prodrug is transferred towards the central compartment via the lymphatic system. Here, it will be hydrolyzed to the active substance (see circle). ka = absorption rate constant; ke = elimination rate constant.

Formulation

XYOSTED is an SC drug/medical device combination product. Each single-use prefilled XYOSTED auto-injector contains sterile, preservative-free TE in nonpyrogenic clear colorless to yellow solution for SC administration of a fixed volume of 0.5 mL yielding final delivered doses of 50 mg, 75 mg, or 100 mg TE. TE is contained within a single-dose syringe with a 27-gauge, ½-inch needle with a soft needle shield within an auto-injector, which is equipped with a needle safety guard and safety cap. Each XYOSTED device provided a single dose as a single injection.

XYOSTED (testosterone enanthate) is supplied as an auto-injector device intended for SC injection.

Xyosted is preservative-free.

I use big pharma Delatestryl (testosterone enanthate) and the only difference, when compared to Xyosted, is that it has 0.5% chlorobutanol as a preservative. It is available in glass vials containing 5 mL, sealed with latex-free stoppers.

Regarding half-lives keep in mind that a majority of studies on the PK/PD of the various T-esters were done using IM (once weekly/fortnightly) injections in a small number of subjects and most of the literature is from decades ago.

There are many other factors that affect the rate at which the testosterone is released from the oily depot at the injection site.

Sub-q vs IM, the volume of injection, injection depth, site of injection, lymphatic flow, the concentration of BOH (benzyl alcohol) are other possible factors that can affect absorption rates of the esterified hormone.

I have stated in the past that BOH apparently causes a large bolus of the prodrug to be released earlier which was discussed in this paper that I posted in a thread from 2018.

*It is demonstrated in this dissertation that there is a role of the excipient BOH in yielding an initially high absorption.

I know there are even nandrolone studies showing that the addition of BOH (benzyl alcohol) which is commonly used in many injectable preparations has been shown to cause two distinct peaks.....one early and another days later as the BOH apparently causes a large bolus of the prodrug to be released early.

Benzyl alcohol (BOH) is a commonly used excipient in oil depots in concentrations ranging from 1.5-10% v/v and is used as a

*solubility enhancer
*oil viscosity reducer

*local anesthetic
This is interesting. Anecdotally, I tolerate Xyosted better than TE from a vial. This may (possibly) explain some of the discrepancy.

Fortunate

Would like to revive this thread. I am back on Xyosted. In general, it works very well. Somehow, it is more tolerable for me than other forms of enanthate. However, I find that I feel great on the first half of the week and by day six and seven, I run out of gas. Also, I’ve had a flare of acne, likely related to the high levels on the front end of the week.

I am wondering if anyone else can share their experience? It would be great if Xyosted had twice weekly dosing options, but currently, their dosing is fairly rigid. Supposedly, blood levels become stable over time, though. Maybe I need to give it more time to allow levels to stabilize. Been on the current 100mg/week protocol for four weeks.

Would like to hear if anyone else has had similar experiences?

Simon7

Would like to revive this thread. I am back on Xyosted. In general, it works very well. Somehow, it is more tolerable for me than other forms of enanthate. However, I find that I feel great on the first half of the week and by day six and seven, I run out of gas.

Assuming there isn't an issue of insurance coverage, sounds like it could be worthwhile to try to inject 50mg twice a week instead of 100mg once a week.

Fortunate

Assuming there isn't an issue of insurance coverage, sounds like it could be worthwhile to try to inject 50mg twice a week instead of 100mg once a week.
You hit it on the head. It’s exactly what I’m trying to do, but it is insurance coverage issue. I might contemplate finding out what the cash price would be if I used insurance for one of the injections per week and paid cash on the other. I can’t imagine it will be affordable, but I will check back here.

I think once you realize the cash price, you'll want to send your insurance company a Christmas card. I began my TRT on Xyosted and would have continued with it had insurance covered it ... why not, it's so easy. In fact, my insurance refused to cover T all together because I was just above the ref range. No big deal because after 8 weeks firing Xyosted into myself, I found Cypionate delivered via a 28ga pin no biggie and it's shockingly cheap via GoodRx. I just hope TRT prices are not somehow tied to petroleum prices in this inflated economy!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me