Would injecting T into scrotum increase DHT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Rnov8tr

Hey Everyone,

Don't laugh I'm seriously asking! (I use 1/2" 30g insulin syringes, which don't hurt at all btw......)

If Test cream on the sack seems to work a miracle for so many guys' libidos and erection quality then would injecting into the scrotum do the same?

Apparently the increase in DHT via the scrotum is the cause it seems?

I've been on injections for that past 2 years approx and have made so many adjustments to try to stay in 'balance' regarding E2 it's driven me mad.

When I'm in the 'sweet spot' of balance my libido is raging and erections are spot on. It's wonderful! The only problem is that it doesn't last very long and if not in balance my man downstairs doesn't work. I've always thought it was Estrogen related problems like going too high and then going too low. (Seems I'm extremely overly sensitive to Adex)

So I just recently started dosing T daily and ditching the AI to get a more consistent result. Gonna take a little time to see if that improves things.

More interesting though is I got my blood drawn recently and checked DHT for the 1st time ever and it came in at 26 which is indeed below range. I called my doctors office to request adding test cream to my protocol to raise DHT levels and he's looking into it. While I'm waiting to talk to him though it just occured to me: why not just inject T daily into the bean bag and skip the cream? Would it raise DHT? I searched but really didn't see any answer.

Any thoughts on this?

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I've also had low DHT, but I've never seen much subjective improvement in boosting it. Another neglected tool in the toolbox is progesterone. I noticed mine was consistently at the bottom of the range. I tried scrotal applications, and even that first night I knew I was onto something: better sleep and much more consistent nocturnal erections. In any case, it's a cheap test, something like $23 via Defy, so I think more guys should see where they stand.

Rnov8tr

I tried scrotal applications, and even that first night I knew I was onto something: better sleep and much more consistent nocturnal erections.

Oh that's interesting if increasing your DHT didnt seem to change things. A bunch of people seemed to have a huge improvement so I assumed that was the ticket.

So you applied progesterone (not T) scrotally, is that correct?

Also I will try to get progesterone checked, thanks.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Oh that's interesting if increasing your DHT didnt seem to change things. A bunch of people seemed to have a huge improvement so I assumed that was the ticket.

So you applied progesterone (not T) scrotally, is that correct?

Also I will try to get progesterone checked, thanks.
Progesterone may actually reduce DHT a little. But even with my below-range DHT it provided improvements. And yes, this was scrotal application of progesterone, around 6-8 mg/d. This took my serum level up to mid-range. I've since switched to injections for more consistency, and am still titrating the dose; 3 mg took me to 2.4 times top-of-range and made me groggy, so I'm trying 1 mg/d.

Like all this hormonal stuff, it's going to be very individual as to what works and what doesn't—DHT, PROG, etc. Guys should never give up hope, because there are so many different things that may help. But you need to have patience and discipline to find them.

A little cream on the scrotum helps me pretty well I think I feel better with my DHT a little over the lab range. I use 12.5-25mg per day and applied two hours before a blood draw I can get a result of about ~100 on a 16-79 scale. Untreated my DHT is ~40 on that scale. Has to be used daily though I return to baseline 24hrs post application.

xqfq

I believe the ester, present for most forms of injectable testosterone, would likely prevent conversion into DHT. The testosterone+ester won't undergo 5-alpha-reductase, as it's not the testosterone molecule until the ester is cleaved off. I don't think that happens until it's "systemic." I don't really know, but this is my best guess.

Creams are free of an ester, which is why I think they can interact with cells near where they're applied.

Testosterone suspension, supposedly the most painful form of injected testosterone, may have this effect when injected. But that has got to be one of the most painful things I can imagine..

Rnov8tr

I believe the ester, present for most forms of injectable testosterone, would likely prevent conversion into DHT. The testosterone+ester won't undergo 5-alpha-reductase, as it's not the testosterone molecule until the ester is cleaved off. I don't think that happens until it's "systemic." I don't really know, but this is my best guess.

Creams are free of an ester, which is why I think they can interact with cells near where they're applied.

Testosterone suspension, supposedly the most painful form of injected testosterone, may have this effect when injected. But that has got to be one of the most painful things I can imagine..

Interesting to know how that works. Sounds painful without the ester, I think I'll just hold out for the cream!

Rnov8tr

A little cream on the scrotum helps me pretty well I think I feel better with my DHT a little over the lab range. I use 12.5-25mg per day and applied two hours before a blood draw I can get a result of about ~100 on a 16-79 scale. Untreated my DHT is ~40 on that scale. Has to be used daily though I return to baseline 24hrs post application.

I'm thinking that this is probably gonna help me too since I only registered a 26 on that last draw. Hoping my doc goes along with the idea, I will know soon.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
This is correct. It takes the esterase enzymes in the bloodstream to cleave the esters from testosterone (propionate, enanthate, cypionate, etc.). Only after that can the testosterone interact with other enzymes, such as 5α-reductase and aromatase, yielding DHT and estradiol respectively.

Rnov8tr

Geez man. Just up your dose or switch to cream. The hell with sticking a needle in your sack.
Lol yeah I hear ya.

I already was at 200mg per week and I've been constantly going too high and then too low with E2. Arimidex pushes me too low seemingly no matter how little I use and without it my E2 climbs too high. It's been such a pain in the ass I decided to just lower the T dose a bit to 150 and do break it into daily injections and not use any AI. As I said in my post I've requested to go on cream but waiting for doc's reply. He's looking into it.

Try injecting it into the testicle itself, and report back.

;)

OUCH!! No way brother!!:p

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale