Worried about Nebido and gyno

Buy Lab Tests Online

mixedup301

Hello, new member and new to trt here. I've had basically no T production of my own after a brain surgery a few months ago, so my doc started me on nebido..got my first shot 10 days ago, and while some things are slightly better already such as sleeping at night and some signs of a libido, im worried that i might be getting symptoms of early gyno. My breast is hurting since yesterday, and my areola seems to have grown wider, the nipples a bit pointier too. Could this just be my body adjusting to the hormonal changes? Here are my last labs(before my shot), im also treating hypothiroidism and low cortisol, doc did not order e2.

TESTOSTERONE TOTAL UNDER 2,5 NG/DL ( REF 249-836)
TESTOSTERONE FREE 0,04 NG/DL ( REF 5,70-17,83)
FSH UNDER 0,1 MUI/ML (REF 1,5-12,4)
LH UNDER 0,1 (REF 1,7-8,6)
PROLACTIN 24,3 (REF 4,05-15,2)

Apreciate any info, kind of freaking out over here..I'm only supposed to see my doc in December now, and it's complicated here in Brasil in general. Let me know if i missed anything!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

See if you can get Ethanate or Sustanon, Nebido is difficult to keep stable levels and isn't ideal. You may need an low dose (.25) estrogen blocker, Anastrozole/Arimidex. You don't have access to the correct estrogen testing, the testing you have access to is for females.

It's difficult to manage hormone levels on Nebido, you start out very high and by the time it's time for another injection, levels are bottomed out.

Last edited:

mixedup301

Thank you, i will talk to him about it.. But in the meantime, do you think the breast growth could be temporary because of my first dose of nebido? Could it even out and go back to normal?

Systemlord

Thank you, i will talk to him about it.. But in the meantime, do you think the breast growth could be temporary because of my first dose of nebido? Could it even out and go back to normal?

It could be water retention from high estrogen, it's hard to know without seeing it for myself.

Tamoxifen can block estrogen at the receptors and stop any more growth.

DragonBits

Hello, new member and new to trt here. I've had basically no T production of my own after a brain surgery a few months ago, so my doc started me on nebido..got my first shot 10 days ago, and while some things are slightly better already such as sleeping at night and some signs of a libido, im worried that i might be getting symptoms of early gyno. My breast is hurting since yesterday, and my areola seems to have grown wider, the nipples a bit pointier too. Could this just be my body adjusting to the hormonal changes? Here are my last labs(before my shot), im also treating hypothiroidism and low cortisol, doc did not order e2.

TESTOSTERONE TOTAL UNDER 2,5 NG/DL ( REF 249-836)
TESTOSTERONE FREE 0,04 NG/DL ( REF 5,70-17,83)
FSH UNDER 0,1 MUI/ML (REF 1,5-12,4)
LH UNDER 0,1 (REF 1,7-8,6)
PROLACTIN 24,3 (REF 4,05-15,2)

Apreciate any info, kind of freaking out over here..I'm only supposed to see my doc in December now, and it's complicated here in Brasil in general. Let me know if i missed anything!

I am not sure I under stand your total testosterone.

It's 2.50 ? With a REF range of 249-836? Is that maybe 250 NG/DL?

DragonBits

The high levels of prolactin can cause breast tenderness and enlargement.

Do you know what is causing the high prolactin levels? Is your near zero T a permanent condition? Even if you can't order the sensitive E2 test, the regular E2 should give you information, do you know why your doctor didn't want to order it? Is is likely your E2 is also very low?

Hypothyroidism can cause high levels of prolactin. Treating that may help.

I am fine with Nebido, I prefer it to the shorter acting esters, it's less likely to cause excess E2 or HCT. You get a big increase for ~2 weeks, then a gradual fall off. with shorter esters like Ethanate, Sustanon or cypionate you get constant spikes every time you inject. And Nebido takes a lot longer to reach steady state. Granted, with shorter esters you can inject less more frequently yielding smaller spikes. But since it's difficult to get Nebido in the USA, and aveed is really expensive without insurance, most go with testos cream or cypionate. I am fine with either, it's just more difficult to get "dial in" with cypionate and the cream / gel not everyone does well on those. The plus side with cypionate you can change your protocol quickly, even more quickly with cream/gel, while with Nebido you are pretty much locked into a level for 10 weeks. You could raise TT with another injection or even a cream/gel/cypionate sooner, but you can't lower your TT.

I kind of think you will feel good for 2 weeks, but the levels will fall to maybe 400-700 ng/dl, but no one can say for sure. I know on Nebido my levels bottom out at 650-700 NG/DL after 10 weeks on my second injection.

Do you know your thyroid panel numbers? T3, T4, FT3, FT4, RT3, etc?

Your hormones are obviously all out of whack, DHEA, IGF-1 are also likely impacted. Not sure what other test your doctor ordered and if you have any ability to self-pay and order tests on your own. I am sure you must have had a complete blood count (CBC) and other tests, maybe you can post those tests? Even glucose / insulin are something I would check.

IMO this is where a good doctor is really important.

Good luck.

mixedup301

Hello, really sorry for taking so long to answer, thank you for your replies.. I went back to the doctor, had some more labs done and he basically told me to continue with my current protocol of meds and take a loading dose of nebido at 6 weeks, said that he thinks my issues will go away as my body adjusts to everything, and that my prolactin is not high enough to be causing these issues. My breasts are still looking and feeling weird, especially my nipples, although i have noticed some improvements on sleep, libido and overall energy there are some days lately where i'm feeling really anxious. Here are my labs, around 2 weeks after my injection:

TSH 0,09 µIU/mL (REF - 0,45 TO 4,50 µIU/mL)
T4 FREE 0,93 ng/dL (REF - 0,70 a 1,80 ng/dL )
FSH 0,2 mUI/mL (REF- 1,5 TO 12,4 mUI/mL )
LH 0,1 mUI/mL (REF - 1,7 TO 8,6 mUI/mL )
ESTRADIOL 13,1 pg/mL (REF -7,63 TO 42,6 pg/mL)
PROLACTIN 19,2 ng/mL (REF - 4,05 to 15,2 ng/mL )
TESTOSTERONE TOTAL 80,1 ng/dL (REF - 249 TO 836 ng/dL)
TESTOSTERONE FREE 1,97 ng/dL (REF- 5,70 TO 17,83 ng/dL)

Do you guys think its likely things will get better without an AI or something like that, or should i be worried? (even more worried anyways haha)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me