Working out with an injury....opinions?

Buy Lab Tests Online
I have an injured elbow. I am 61, typically workout 3x/wk and have pretty physical weekend activities. When working out; is it good to push through the pain or should I wait until totaly healed? I don't want to loose muscle mass so I have been dealing with the pain for about 6 months now. Opinions?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I have an injured elbow. I am 61, typically workout 3x/wk and have pretty physical weekend activities. When working out; is it good to push through the pain or should I wait until totaly healed? I don't want to loose muscle mass so I have been dealing with the pain for about 6 months now. Opinions?

Get some physical therapy and follow a course of that with exercise bands. Don’t use weights until you are ready. You need to be aware of exercise that is pain free or you will take a long time to heal.

Vince

Super Moderator
When I have an injury, I continue working out. But I work around the injury. You should have no problem working out your legs, abs, and other exercises that doesn't cause you elbow pain.

gaz7718

One expensive PT session can be better than a dozen poor ones.

I have had numerous strains, wear and tear overuse injuries, etc and for these type of injuries I’ve always continued to train and adapt the programme to what I could do without pain. Mild discomfort is ok for me. I’ll even go so far as saying I generally don’t completely avoid the injured area, but just scale back, slow down the speed of execution and try to find precisely what range and emphasis minimises the discomfort.

Elbows are pretty hard to avoid because they are used with pretty much all exercises as even legs you typically need to hold the bar or handgrips tightly that can work the elbow joint and flexors.

I usually go once or a few times to PT. I duplicate the workouts at home with my own equipment. I started using bands five years ago after shoulder surgery and bought quantum loop bands and have been using them ever since. Extremely effective and versatile and allow joint friendly workouts, which are crucial with my injury history and age.

Guided_by_Voices

If you can do extremely light, high-rep exercise and remain pain-free, I would do that. I re-habbed a shoulder injury that way and I think getting circulation into the joint is very important, but avoid anything that involves pain since that is an indictor that you could just be re-injuring it

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me