Working out on trt vs no trt

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Specialk

I think I am a perfect candidate to answer this question. I have just been OFF TRT for 2 years (almost) and I had been on for 20 yrs. I am 51 yrs. I have been lifting weights since I was 14 yrs old. I have been a strength trainer for a Div. 1 football team, Personal trainer, competitive bodybuilder, power lifter...etc. Also, as you can imagine, in all my years of lifting, I have been injured (3 shoulder surgeries, blown pectoral, blown forearm, 3X ripped hamstrings.etc.) and in every instance, when I was ready to come back, everything came back pretty quickly. For example, my max bench press was 500 lbs. , after I tore my pec (doing reverse grip decline bench for triceps since my shoulders hurt so bad I could no longer do weight dips- which in my opinion are absolute best for tricep development), anyway, after I cam back it took me about 3 months to get my bench back to 315 X 10 reps (I was afraid to go higher as I felt what felt like little piano strings going, boink, boink, boink and breaking when I went higher, was probably just scar tissue but I didn't want to push it then.. (eventually got back to 405 and have been too nervous to go higher, though I most certainly could)... and every other time I stopped and started again, it's always been the same... about 3 months to get to around 315 lbs X 10 bench (I just use bench but all other lifts are similar as far as recovery goes).

Fast forward, I had a thyroid issue (resolved) and so wasn't lifting for about 2 years... then when I started, I was off TRT (since I had a hyperthyroid issue due to inflamation, TRT made it worse, it's a long explaination)... So I started back and my lifts are so poor (compared to my past re-starts). I am getting only 245 lbs x 5 reps bench and that is after almost two months of lifting. I should be repping at least 275 x 5 by now.

My current total T is 324. The odd thing is other than feeling un-motivated (uncharacteristic of me, based on my entire life) I feel pretty great. My libido is functional which is probably a blessing as my wife is only really excitable one day a month. Oh she loves me and will take care of my needs whenever I ask, but I hate asking and since my libido is only functional (as opposed to normal, horny every day), we just don't do it much and I don't care much.... LOL... If I go back on, I'll be asking for my wife's pleasure a lot more.

As far as soreness, I always get sore, because I always train to failure. I am so used to being sore, I actually like it :) If I'm not sore, I feel, know I didn't work hard enough. So soreness doesn't even move my pain meter, so I don't notice it.

Bama Boy

I think I am a perfect candidate to answer this question. I have just been OFF TRT for 2 years (almost) and I had been on for 20 yrs. I am 51 yrs. I have been lifting weights since I was 14 yrs old. I have been a strength trainer for a Div. 1 football team, Personal trainer, competitive bodybuilder, power lifter...etc. Also, as you can imagine, in all my years of lifting, I have been injured (3 shoulder surgeries, blown pectoral, blown forearm, 3X ripped hamstrings.etc.) and in every instance, when I was ready to come back, everything came back pretty quickly. For example, my max bench press was 500 lbs. , after I tore my pec (doing reverse grip decline bench for triceps since my shoulders hurt so bad I could no longer do weight dips- which in my opinion are absolute best for tricep development), anyway, after I cam back it took me about 3 months to get my bench back to 315 X 10 reps (I was afraid to go higher as I felt what felt like little piano strings going, boink, boink, boink and breaking when I went higher, was probably just scar tissue but I didn't want to push it then.. (eventually got back to 405 and have been too nervous to go higher, though I most certainly could)... and every other time I stopped and started again, it's always been the same... about 3 months to get to around 315 lbs X 10 bench (I just use bench but all other lifts are similar as far as recovery goes).

Fast forward, I had a thyroid issue (resolved) and so wasn't lifting for about 2 years... then when I started, I was off TRT (since I had a hyperthyroid issue due to inflamation, TRT made it worse, it's a long explaination)... So I started back and my lifts are so poor (compared to my past re-starts). I am getting only 245 lbs x 5 reps bench and that is after almost two months of lifting. I should be repping at least 275 x 5 by now.

My current total T is 324. The odd thing is other than feeling un-motivated (uncharacteristic of me, based on my entire life) I feel pretty great. My libido is functional which is probably a blessing as my wife is only really excitable one day a month. Oh she loves me and will take care of my needs whenever I ask, but I hate asking and since my libido is only functional (as opposed to normal, horny every day), we just don't do it much and I don't care much.... LOL... If I go back on, I'll be asking for my wife's pleasure a lot more.

As far as soreness, I always get sore, because I always train to failure. I am so used to being sore, I actually like it :) If I'm not sore, I feel, know I didn't work hard enough. So soreness doesn't even move my pain meter, so I don't notice it.
That's some serious weight ! I don't care to move that kind of iron around I just want to be muscular and lean again !

James

That's some serious weight ! I don't care to move that kind of iron around I just want to be muscular and lean again !

Agreed. I used to be a heavy weight / low rep guy, but suffered so many injuries. My training is now high reps with light weight and perfect form. I feel a lot better.

Vitamin_C

How long have you been on trt?

I was on topicals for about 4 months and didn't get past baseline. I switched to sub Q cypionate and I've been rolling with that about 5 months seeing numbers in the high free testosterone range and total T between 890-1070 at 125mg per week sub Q in glute fat pads.

Last edited:

Vitamin_C

Its nice to see your axis return back after being on 20 years of TRT and anabolics although your TT is low your quality of life doesn't seem too bad. I also had high libido and erections even in the 300's and 400's TT before I did TRT, now my libido is even more enhanced which I didn't think could be possible. You still put up heavy weight, even now although it might not be what you once did, its better than what most of the male population can currently do. Take some creatine and other supplements to help in the gym.

I have gained about 15 lbs of muscle on TRT and my strength has been going up exponentially. I have been doing heavy weighted dips and pull ups and those dips are really making my bench improve but my joints are taking a beating from the added strength I think. I am taking fish oils and other joint supplements which is helping but I was crushing on my bench press and my entire arms felt just sore and dry afterward, its hard to explain. My last sensitive E2 check was 41 so I started taking DIM and calcium D-glucarate so I am curious what my E2 is at now, I doubt that my E2 is lower now which is causing joint problems but you never know.

Bama Boy

I was on topicals for about 4 months and didn't get past baseline. I switched to sub Q cypionate and I've been rolling with that about 5 months seeing numbers in the high free testosterone range and total T between 890-1070 at 125mg per week sub Q in glute fat pads.
15 pounds of muscle in 5 months is awesome good job brother !

Vitamin_C

15 pounds of muscle in 5 months is awesome good job brother !

Thanks. With TRT and high end testosterone range, building muscle is pretty easy and steady. You aren't going to put on slabs of muscle like you were running Tren, but you will put on muscle and recover easy if your training and diet are on point.

ERO

As long as your genetics are in your favor. For guys that are very hard gainers like myself, you may not gain anything on TRT no matter how solid your diet and training plan. Age is a factor as well.

Bama Boy

As long as your genetics are in your favor. For guys that are very hard gainers like myself, you may not gain anything on TRT no matter how solid your diet and training plan. Age is a factor as well.
I was in great shape 6 years ago . putting on muscle was never an issue but after I moved and quit teaching martial arts and lifting I gained 65-70 pounds ! Im 42

Weasel

Night and day difference for me. I went from a sloppy 240lbs who couldn't bench press my body weight 1 time, to a lean 225-230lbs who can bench press my body weight 18-20 times depending on the day.

I work out hard now 5 days a week and I wasn't before. Peak is right on about having the motivation to go to the gym. When I used to go to the gym I would be in pain/fatigue for a week or better. I still get sore but I actually enjoy the hurt now.

Specialk

Its nice to see your axis return back after being on 20 years of TRT and anabolics although your TT is low your quality of life doesn't seem too bad....Take some creatine and other supplements to help in the gym.

... my joints are taking a beating from the added strength I think. I am taking fish oils and other joint supplements which is helping .

As to my axis returning back, I would say it did not come back after two tries of a very good pct protocol. Went to my doc this weekend and got an Rx for cream and DMSO. Went with Rx DMSO because he was explaining that because DMSO is awesome at driving anything through the skin that CAN go through skin, you have to be REAL careful as to the manufacturing process. He said, for example, if they were producing peticides one week and DMSO the next, you are gonna get pecticide in your blood stream...so I got an Rx for it.

I started the cream, don't really feel any improvement yet, but haven't tried the DMSO with it, want to see what I can get from just cream alone. When I get labs, I'll post them.

As for creatine, it works great, but it gives me a pump and because I am getting back into jiu jitsu, I don't want a pump. I avoid getting pumped at all costs. I know most guys love it and I used to (pre- bjj) but now I avoid it at the cost of better weight room numbers and bigger muscle size.

As for joints, I hear you brother. I have had three shoulder surgeries and since I started doing heavy behind the neck military press again (great for bench) my shoulders are screaming...stabbing pain if my arms gets into certain positions. If it gets any worse, I'm cutting them from my routine.

JohnTaylorHK

That's not really the point or anything to do with it...a "cycle" dosage. Just assume your TT on TRT is 1000 on a trough. Then consider having gone from 190, to 1000...that's an astronomical difference and can certainly account for all the positives in the gym. Further consider if you're like me and use 50mg EOD, my 48hr trough is 900s, but my peak is closer to 1500...I know I tested as low as 214 at one=time.
Vince, you inject 50mg every day (EOD= End Of Day?)? Your butt must be like a pin-cushion ... :)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me