will increasing testosterone help libido if T levels are not low?

Buy Lab Tests Online

tsabar

i have been considering testo-max or other non-intrusive booster to increase T levels in an effort to increase my libido, which is very low. however, my blood test shows T levels within normal range.

could boosting T still help?

p.s. i'm 47, i'm healthy with no medical issues and do crossfit, attracted to my wife with whom i have a great relationship, no performance anxiety, no stress or mental health issues.

Systemlord

i have been considering testo-max or other non-intrusive booster to increase T levels in an effort to increase my libido, which is very low. however, my blood test shows T levels within normal range.

Being in the normal range doesn't automatically mean healthy or good. Libido is usually the first to take a hit when T starts declining.

DHT is the main driver of libido and is converted from testosterone. Healthy estrogen levels are also needed for a strong libido.

Also test boosters are mostly scams and aren't regulated and the efficiency is an unknown.

Defining "Healthy" Testosterone

More Science-Based "Low Normal" Testosterone Facts

• "Low normal" total testosterone concentrations are associated with reductions in motivation, initiative, self-confidence, concentration and memory, sleep quality, muscle bulk and strength, diminished physical or work performance, feeling sad or blue, depressed mood, mild anemia, and increased body fat and body mass index
  • Low normal serum testosterone concentrations are associated with reduced male sexual desire, function, performance and potency.
  • Low normal serum testosterone concentrations increase the risk for premature death from any cause.
  • Low normal serum testosterone concentrations increase the risk for death from cardiovascular disease, and increase the combined risk for suffering a first stroke or first transient ischemic attack.
  • Low normal serum testosterone concentrations increase the risk for both memory loss31 and developing clinical depression.
  • Low normal serum testosterone concentrations increase the risk of developing an increased level of systemic inflammation.

Multiple peer-reviewed papers state that "testosterone deficiencies" are more prevalent and "desirable testosterone" levels in men are actually much higher than what is currently being considered as "normal" in doctors' practices across the country. Case in point: A cross-sectional study of Swedish men ages 69 to 80 years showed the risk for premature death from any cause26 and the risk for suffering a major cardiovascular event27 were inversely correlated with the total serum testosterone concentration (i.e., the higher the testosterone levels, the lower the risk of death).

Specifically with regards to cardiovascular events, men in the highest quartile of testosterone (at or higher than 550 ng/dL) had a lower risk of cardiovascular events compared with men with lower testosterone.27

More importantly, details from this study show that it did not matter if a man's total testosterone was very low (below 340 ng/dL ) or moderately low (up to 549 ng/dL ) – all men with T levels below 549 ng/dL had a similar increased risk for suffering a cardiovascular event. Only when total testosterone exceeded 550 ng/dL did cardiovascular risk drop.

This is truly alarming, as cardiovascular disease is the No. 1 killer of men in the United States and even more – this study was published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology. These researchers documented a 30 percent reduction in cardiovascular events as well as a decrease in cerebrovascular disease incidence. Men with the highest total testosterone had a 24 percent reduced risk of transient ischemic attack or full-blown stroke.27 Clearly, based on this study, the only target for "healthy testosterone" is to maintain total testosterone at or above 550 ng/dL.

As a health care practitioner, please note the following:

• According to LabCorp, the "healthy reference range" for total testosterone is 348–1,197 ng/dL. So, the lower part of this range completely ignores recent science that shows total testosterone levels need to be maintained above 550 ng/dL.

• Subjectively, this broad range is ridiculous. As any 45-year-old man who has suffered with low normal testosterone knows, there is a world of difference in how a man feels and performs (both mentally and physically) when testosterone is "low normal" versus higher up the healthy "normal" reference range.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

tsabar

Being in the normal range doesn't automatically mean healthy or good. Libido is usually the first to take a hit when T starts declining.

DHT is the main driver of libido and is converted from testosterone. Healthy estrogen levels are also needed for a strong libido.

Also test boosters are mostly scams and aren't regulated and the efficiency is an unknown.

ok, i'll get retested since it was around 380 ng/dl 2 years ago.

so are injections the only proven method to increase testosterone?

Systemlord

ok, i'll get retested since it was around 380 ng/dl 2 years ago.
That's not a healthy level. You can have a lower T value one day and a higher value the next, depending on what you eat that day, quality of sleep.

Also you need to be checking the Free T using the Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration method. You might as well check DHT and estrogen.

This study showed that the prevalence of loss of libido or vigor increased at testosterone concentrations below 15 nmol or 433 ng/dL.

The most widely accepted parameter to establish the presence of hypogonadism is the measurement of TT. Unfortunately, no consensus has been reached regarding the lower TT threshold defining TD, and there are no generally accepted lower limits of normal TT [60]. This lack of consensus follows from the fact that no studies have shown a clear threshold for TT or free T that distinguishes men who will respond to treatment from those who will not.

Attachments

• dagm18_5_f1.jpg
    dagm18_5_f1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

tsabar

Yes other than eating healthy and working out, there are gels, creams, injections, and now newer oral gel capsules.

I'm on Jatenzo @ 237mg twice daily, the recommended starting dosage.

i'd prefer non-intrusive topical applications if there's evidence that works too. i'll schedule with my doctor to get retested and ask for a prescription. thanx!

madman

Super Moderator

Give your head a shake!

Systemlord

Why the change of mind?

The other day it was....
The other day (?), actually that was posted on Dec 14, 2021.

I said DHT has a strong influence on libido, I didn't say that it is the ONLY thing that affects libido. There's a reason why men report higher libido on topicals, that's because of the higher conversion of T->DHT.

Give a guy finasteride, drop his DHT below range and typically men report lost libido and or they have lost their mojo, they just don't feel like a man anymore.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching