Wife's labs - your interpretation?

Buy Lab Tests Online

lowtdunce

Just looking for some thoughts from all you amateur hormone docs out there ; ). Wife has been on birth control of some sort for 20 years. Was depo shot forever, now on pills. Low libido, sometimes low energy. Other than that perfectly healthy. Has always had slightly high TSH with normal T4/T3.

My big question is should estradiol be THAT low while she's on birth control pills? Shoot, I'm running in the 40s on 200mg a week.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 167
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 172
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 164
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 163
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    235.6 KB · Views: 157
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

lowtdunce

After a little reading sounds like if a woman is on the pill its normal for estrogen to test low as the test doesn't pick up on the synthetic hormones from the pill.

Systemlord

Has always had slightly high TSH with normal T4/T3.

How about normal rT3 <15 ng/dL? This hormone can block fT3 at the receptor deactivating it causing hypo symptoms and would expect to see very high TSH as in your wifes case.

By the way, a TSH of 5.1 is not slightly high, women are sensitive to even mildly elevated TSH.

DHEA is low.

Last edited:
I agree with SystemLord in that the Thyroid numbers don't look good but missing is RT3, should rerun those with that test included. FT4 is typically in the lower half of the range and not cause for alarm. And FT3 isn't that bad but should be closer to 3.9/4.0. The TSH being very high leads me to believe that RT3 is elevated, too as from systemlord RT3 should be <15.

I would not give DHEA though it's low, her Test is already over the lab range and DHEA in women tends to shuttle to Testosterone in women.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me