Wife is starting T Cream

Buy Lab Tests Online
Hello all,
My wife is 50 years old. Never had kids and is in menopause. She has low T, no energy, brain fog, hot flashes. So she did pellets. Worked ok for 2 out of 12 weeks she had them in. (Week 6 and 7 ONLY). The rest of the time showed no results. Been off T pellets for 4 months. She was taking estrogen or progestrone pills. She thinks they were acting like birth control and making her gain weight and doing nothing). She's been off those for 2 months.

So this week they changed and put her on cream 4 clicks per day 3MG/G. Taking Unisome at night for sleep. Taking no other meds.

1. She wants to know the best time of day to apply the cream. She wakes up around 8am, works out at 4pm and showers at 5pm. She is concerned if she applies the cream after she showers, she is going to get bump in energy at night when she is sleeping. (Typically after showering is said to be best for absorption because hot water soaks open the pores in the skin) When she really needs the energy is during the morning and daytime. Please advise.

2. Where is the best locations to apply it? I assume she needs to rotate sites.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

MarcoFL

Hello all,
My wife is 50 years old. Never had kids and is in menopause. She has low T, no energy, brain fog, hot flashes. So she did pellets. Worked ok for 2 out of 12 weeks she had them in. (Week 6 and 7 ONLY). The rest of the time showed no results. Been off T pellets for 4 months. She was taking estrogen or progestrone pills. She thinks they were acting like birth control and making her gain weight and doing nothing). She's been off those for 2 months.

So this week they changed and put her on cream 4 clicks per day 3MG/G. Taking Unisome at night for sleep. Taking no other meds.

1. She wants to know the best time of day to apply the cream. She wakes up around 8am, works out at 4pm and showers at 5pm. She is concerned if she applies the cream after she showers, she is going to get bump in energy at night when she is sleeping. (Typically after showering is said to be best for absorption because hot water soaks open the pores in the skin) When she really needs the energy is during the morning and daytime. Please advise.

Hate to say this but I hear many women are having better luck with 2X per week T injections. you will get much more consistent results with injections.

jobshopper

Hello all,

My wife has been using T-cream from a compounding pharmacy for a few years now with good success. She applies it to the labia at bedtime. 5 days on ... 2 days off. She sleeps well with no issues. Keep in mind that everyone is different. She is 68 years old.

Match

How to know if the woman needs to reset T, because it seems to me that the tests do not detect well the real level, considering that it is very low the normal of women in general.

Dicky

How to know if the woman needs to reset T, because it seems to me that the tests do not detect well the real level, considering that it is very low the normal of women in general.
What do you mean reset T?

I personally have not heard of any difficulty in assaying female T levels, just because they have a lower concentration. My wife had her T tested and the lab results came with a lower range indicative of a female.

madman

Super Moderator

Screenshot (8840).png

VacationMan

Should be testing both total and free testosterone, along with SHBG if that's what you're looking for. Then comes Estradiol (E2) and examining the T:E or E:T ratio.

VacationMan

My wife asked the gynecologist for a T-exam, but this one refused. Not part of the medical standard of female examinations
I've had physicians tell me "You're fine" when I don't feel "fine". Needless to say, I find another physician that will treat me by how I feel and not by only lab work. Maybe it's time to find another physician?

madman

Super Moderator
My wife asked the gynecologist for a T-exam, but this one refused. Not part of the medical standard of female examinations

KEY POINT
*broad-brush guideline

Global Position Consensus Statement on the Use of Testosterone Therapy in Women (2021)

Aims:

* To provide clear, guidance as to who might benefit from testosterone therapy,

* To identify symptoms, signs, and conditions for which evidence does not support the prescribing of testosterone,

* To explore areas of uncertainty, and,

* To identify prescribing practices that have the potential to cause harm

Screenshot (8842).png

Screenshot (8843).png

Screenshot (8844).png

Screenshot (8845).png

Attachments

• Screenshot (8846).png
    Screenshot (8846).png
    138.9 KB · Views: 31
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic