Why Does Defy Medical Only Work with Two Pharmacies?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Bryan_K77

I’m a longtime lurker here on excelmale, I have learned so much on here, big fan of Nelson as well for all he has done for the “hrt community.”
So I just became a patient at Defy Medical after switching from my local urologist who refused to allow me to dose above 100 mg weekly, even with free t of 14 lol My only problem with Defy that I was unaware of before becoming a patient with them is why they only allow you to choose from two pharmacies. Why on earth would they not allow you to pick the pharmacy of your choosing???

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Welcome Bryan_K77.

I'm sure Defy has its reasons and I think this question is best answered by Defy. I was able to choose the prefered pharmacy on the Defy website when logged into my account, I'm unsure if it's still an option as I took a break away from TRT for 8 months.

SilverSurfer

I’m a longtime lurker here on excelmale, I have learned so much on here, big fan of Nelson as well for all he has done for the “hrt community.”
So I just became a patient at Defy Medical after switching from my local urologist who refused to allow me to dose above 100 mg weekly, even with free t of 14 lol My only problem with Defy that I was unaware of before becoming a patient with them is why they only allow you to choose from two pharmacies. Why on earth would they not allow you to pick the pharmacy of your choosing???

That‘s just part of the gig. Deal with it. Why do they do it? Two reasons.....one Defy makes a little bit more money. Two, and this is the overriding reason......you’re getting prescribed DEA SCHEDULE III controlled medications with testosterone. They don’t want every pharmacist around the country constantly calling them or refusing to fill your prescription and then having to deal with it. They’d have to hire additional staff just for that.

Think about it.... you show up to your pharmacist in California, or Wisconsin, or Utah, or wherever you’re located with a prescription from a doctor 1,000 or 1,500 miles away for a DEA controlled medication with an abuse potential. To the pharmacists it looks sketchy.

Then every sheriff wanna-be pharmacist, is also calling the DEA to report Dr. ___________, from Southern FL is sending scripts out to “patients” they’ve never actually seen face to face.

Given the opioid crisis, the DEA has become some of doctor’s worst nightmares, and frankly why most doctors aren’t interested in prescribing testosterone to you. Be very grateful you have this option.

(I don’t use or work for Defy, so have no dog in this fight.)

Last edited:

Bryan_K77

That‘s just part of the gig. Deal with it. Why do they do it? Two reasons.....one Defy makes a little bit more money. Two, and this is the overriding reason......you’re getting prescribed DEA SCHEDULE III controlled medications with testosterone. They don’t want every pharmacist around the country constantly calling them or refusing to fill your prescription and then having to deal with it. They’d have to hire additional staff just for that.

Think about it.... you show up to your pharmacist in California, or Wisconsin, or Utah, or wherever you’re located with a prescription from a doctor 1,000 or 1,500 miles away for a DEA controlled medication with an abuse potential. To the pharmacists it looks sketchy.

Then every sheriff wanna-be pharmacist, is also calling the DEA to report Dr. ___________, from Southern FL is sending scripts out to “patients” they’ve never actually seen face to face.

Given the opioid crisis, the DEA has become some of doctor’s worst nightmares, and frankly why most doctors aren’t interested in prescribing testosterone to you. Be very grateful you have this option.

(I don’t use or work for Defy, so have no dog in this fight.)
Can’t argue with anything you said, just gotta play the game. Obviously not ideal, but I take what I can get.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
In the case of less restricted medications, e.g. AIs, Defy does let you use your own pharmacy if you pay a call-in fee. This is worthwhile in some cases where the compounded versions are expensive relative to generics with GoodRx coupons.

Jason Sypolt

Administrator
In the case of less restricted medications, e.g. AIs, Defy does let you use your own pharmacy if you pay a call-in fee. This is worthwhile in some cases where the compounded versions are expensive relative to generics with GoodRx coupons.
Right. If the medication (or medications) are not controlled then they could be called into your local pharmacy for a call-in fee that helps to cover the cost of paperwork and working with the pharmacy.

You would be responsible for any cost for those medications. If your insurance covers then great. If they don't - and many are refusing coverage for TRT ancillaries, then you are left paying the cash price or using GoodRx. Most people order through the compounding pharmacies that we use because the cost is lower than the GoodRx price for name-brand medications, and the medications are shipped right to your door as a convinience.

HCG is a good example of a cost comparison. Most insurance plans won't cover it at all because it is classified as a specialized fertility drug by many of them. The cost of 12,000iu of HCG from Empower is about $80. Name-brand Novarel which only comes in vials up to 10,000iu is $293.04 through GooxRx right now - nearly 4x the cost. Pregnyl, which is often out of stock and also only 10,000iu is slightly less. It is worth noting that HCG is also a controlled substance in several states now.

Defy cannot call in prescriptions for controlled substances across state lines.

52hoosier

Right. If the medication (or medications) are not controlled then they could be called into your local pharmacy for a call-in fee that helps to cover the cost of paperwork and working with the pharmacy.

You would be responsible for any cost for those medications. If your insurance covers then great. If they don't - and many are refusing coverage for TRT ancillaries, then you are left paying the cash price or using GoodRx. Most people order through the compounding pharmacies that we use because the cost is lower than the GoodRx price for name-brand medications, and the medications are shipped right to your door as a convinience.

HCG is a good example of a cost comparison. Most insurance plans won't cover it at all because it is classified as a specialized fertility drug by many of them. The cost of 12,000iu of HCG from Empower is about $80. Name-brand Novarel which only comes in vials up to 10,000iu is $293.04 through GooxRx right now - nearly 4x the cost. Pregnyl, which is often out of stock and also only 10,000iu is slightly less. It is worth noting that HCG is also a controlled substance in several states now.

Defy cannot call in prescriptions for controlled substances across state lines.
I have been with Defy for several years. Would it be an issue with Defy if my PCP wrote the script for testosterone? I can purchase it cheaper here. Also, could she make the Lab Requests that Defy requires so that my insurance would cover it? Thanks.

Jason Sypolt

Administrator
I have been with Defy for several years. Would it be an issue with Defy if my PCP wrote the script for testosterone? I can purchase it cheaper here. Also, could she make the Lab Requests that Defy requires so that my insurance would cover it? Thanks.
Possibly if your insurance for sure covers. Mine did for a while and it was nice but it's one of those high-risk/high-reward situations because if they deny anything then you are left with a huge bill. I posted about this a few weeks ago how my insurance was billed over $200 for the same CBC that Defy charges like $15 for by a lab facility.

I haven't posted this here yet because this week has been really busy but we are asking patients for input on what they would like to see as far as possible discounts in a type of loyalty program where the longer you are a patient, the more incentives/rewards/etc.a patient like yourself could receive. An email went out early this week about it. I will post a link as soon as I can and I would greatly value your input.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me