Why does 100mg oral pregnenolone spike my libido beyond belief?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Medicwithachub

Hey guys,

I’ve been on TRT for 7 years. I am on 200mg of test cyp EW split in 2 shots (Monday and Thursday). No HCG, no AI. Last bloods were 8 weeks ago. TT was 1100, E2 sensitive 40. I forgot what my SHBG was but I was right in the middle. I feel good here.

Recently, I’ve been experimenting with oral pregnenolone and taking it sublingually. I’ve been doing 100mg 1x a day in the morning for the last 10 days.

I’ve noticed a huge spike in libido. Within 15 minutes I get this massive sense of well being, I get incredibly horny and I just want to get shit done. I’ve read here that I should break the 100mg up into 3 doses because it goes to a more favorable ratio between preg sulfate, progesterone and DHEA. Is this true?

Now, I have not yet drawn my pregnenolone but I plan to do that next week. I am assuming that due to being on TRT for as long as I have that my pregnenolone levels are tanked. I’d assume some other things are also out of whack (progesterone maybe?)

Which bloods should I draw? I am thinking preg, DHEA-S, progesterone, prolactin and what else? I saw a comment by Nelson about a specific panel that he created for people. Thinking of doing that but it was pretty expensive. Anyhow, price doesn’t matter, I want to dial myself in more.

Thanks I’m advance!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

xcraider37

Hey guys,

I’ve been on TRT for 7 years. I am on 200mg of test cyp EW split in 2 shots (Monday and Thursday). No HCG, no AI. Last bloods were 8 weeks ago. TT was 1100, E2 sensitive 40. I forgot what my SHBG was but I was right in the middle. I feel good here.

Recently, I’ve been experimenting with oral pregnenolone and taking it sublingually. I’ve been doing 100mg 1x a day in the morning for the last 10 days.

I’ve noticed a huge spike in libido. Within 15 minutes I get this massive sense of well being, I get incredibly horny and I just want to get shit done. I’ve read here that I should break the 100mg up into 3 doses because it goes to a more favorable ratio between preg sulfate, progesterone and DHEA. Is this true?

Now, I have not yet drawn my pregnenolone but I plan to do that next week. I am assuming that due to being on TRT for as long as I have that my pregnenolone levels are tanked. I’d assume some other things are also out of whack (progesterone maybe?)

Which bloods should I draw? I am thinking preg, DHEA-S, progesterone, prolactin and what else? I saw a comment by Nelson about a specific panel that he created for people. Thinking of doing that but it was pretty expensive. Anyhow, price doesn’t matter, I want to dial myself in more.

Thanks I’m advance!
Generally you would do a blood test when you have something negative going on, but from your post I would say preg provides you a huge positive just run with it as long as you can. Then test if needed when it starts to fail.

Dialingitin

Hey guys,

Thanks I’m advance!
which brand (sublingual) are you taking?

AhmetAtay

I'll also add that men using HCG should be EXTREMELY CAREFUL about adding in pregnenolone. For me personally, even 600 IU of HCG per week puts my progesterone over the reference range. For this reason, I decided to cut out HCG and I'm now using Gonadorelin which is working much better for me.

Medicwithachub

It's probably from your progesterone going up. Be careful. Too high of a progesterone can cause ED and lethargy.
I was thinking this.

I’ve actually had ED for two days. I think I may have over shot things. I am thinking about backing off to 25mg and seeing where I feel and then drawing my preg/progesterone levels in a month and going from there

Medicwithachub

Generally you would do a blood test when you have something negative going on, but from your post I would say preg provides you a huge positive just run with it as long as you can. Then test if needed when it starts to fail.
I agree but I want to pinpoint things and know where I am at exactly instead of just guessing.

Medicwithachub

I'll also add that men using HCG should be EXTREMELY CAREFUL about adding in pregnenolone. For me personally, even 600 IU of HCG per week puts my progesterone over the reference range. For this reason, I decided to cut out HCG and I'm now using Gonadorelin which is working much better for me.
HCG and gonadorelin are two completely different analogues, correct?

My clinic tried to pitch me gonadorelin when the FDA cracked down on HCG. I said no.

AhmetAtay

Yeah they’re different. Gonadorelin is GnRH and stimulates release of LH and FSH from your pituitary. For me personally, Gonadorelin works because I inject it at least 3x per day with a minimum of 2 hours between injections of 20 mcg.

Stoak

I hate to say it but I am willing to bet that so many of us have been thru this before when adding a compound and then we think we have it figured out and then all of the sudden poof we lost what we were chasing. Its probably either in your head (placebo) effect I mean you have perfect hormones for a massive sex drive with motivation or you are in a honeymoon period with preg. My fingers crossed for you that it keeps working.

Medicwithachub

I hate to say it but I am willing to bet that so many of us have been thru this before when adding a compound and then we think we have it figured out and then all of the sudden poof we lost what we were chasing. Its probably either in your head (placebo) effect I mean you have perfect hormones for a massive sex drive with motivation or you are in a honeymoon period with preg. My fingers crossed for you that it keeps working.
I understand placebo.

I’ve been on TRT for as long as I have and wouldn’t be surprised if my preg levels and progesterone levels were tanked. Like I said, I’ll draw them.

What I will do is back off and do 30mg every morning for 6 weeks and report back. At that time I’ll draw my DHEA-S, pregnenolone and progesterone levels.

After that, I am going to throw in 25mg of DHEA and then go another 6-8 weeks and see how I feel.

Too often have I taken huge dramatic steps without playing the long game. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve done this. I don’t care about anything else but optimizing my protocol.

Medicwithachub

What I do know is how I felt. Pregnenolone is doing something to me and I intend to find out. I will go low dose and slow, test and then titrate up if I feel that I need.

I have read Nelson’s post about taking up tp 200mg a day and studies of men using 400-500mg a day.

I read a very recent post about a user using 400mg pregnenolone ED for a year and having profound effects. So.. we shall see boys.

Medicwithachub

Yeah they’re different. Gonadorelin is GnRH and stimulates release of LH and FSH from your pituitary. For me personally, Gonadorelin works because I inject it at least 3x per day with a minimum of 2 hours between injections of 20 mcg.
Seems like a lot. I can’t remember the cost but from what I remember it didn’t seem cost effective.

I have heard of guys using gonadorelin when coming off TRT, that’s about it.

Gman86

Agreed. Most of us have definitely been through this more times than we can count unfortunately. Another factor to consider is half lives of things. It takes around 5 half lives for any compound to reach steady state in the body, which is the level of the compound in our system that it’s gonna be at for the long haul if we stay at that dose. So when it comes to taking something, u never want to feel ur best after just taking it. If that happens, ur most likely gonna end up disappointed. What u actually want is to either not feel anything when first taking something, or slowly start to feel better, and what u ultimately want is to feel ur best after around 5 half lives or more of taking something. U never want to feel ur best on something right away. That’s usually a bad sign, even if it seems like a good thing at the time. I don’t think many people take all this into consideration when experimenting with new compounds or just different dosages of things

Medicwithachub

Agreed. Most of us have definitely been through this more times than we can count unfortunately. Another factor to consider is half lives of things. It takes around 5 half lives for any compound to reach steady state in the body, which is the level of the compound in our system that it’s gonna be at for the long haul if we stay at that dose. So when it comes to taking something, u never want to feel ur best after just taking it. If that happens, ur most likely gonna end up disappointed. What u actually want is to either not feel anything when first taking something, or slowly start to feel better, and what u ultimately want is to feel ur best after around 5 half lives or more of taking something. U never want to feel ur best on something right away. That’s usually a bad sign, even if it seems like a good thing at the time. I don’t think many people take all this into consideration when experimenting with new compounds or just different dosages of things
I learned this the hard way with a anastrozole back in the day. Felt high E2 (without labs) take .25mg, feel better within 6 hours (uh oh). Overshoot my estradiol and then crash.

I have done this many times which is why I don’t use an AI.

I wholeheartedly agree about the steady state of compounds. Now that I think about it I am going to use 15mg of preg instead of 30 and go from there.

I just read my own comment. I’ve been here before haha. Time to dial it back and sloppow down.

Stoak

I learned this the hard way with a anastrozole back in the day. Felt high E2 (without labs) take .25mg, feel better within 6 hours (uh oh). Overshoot my estradiol and then crash.

I have done this many times which is why I don’t use an AI.

I wholeheartedly agree about the steady state of compounds. Now that I think about it I am going to use 15mg of preg instead of 30 and go from there.

I just read my own comment. I’ve been here before haha. Time to dial it back and sloppow down.

I wonder what the half life of this Pregnenolone is... at 10 days you are most certainly already there.

Jerajera

I had the same experience with 10mg/day SR micronized pharma compounded Preg.

Libido shot up to above 16yo me levels, I had to masturbate 6-7 times/day + sex with my girlfriend or I would lose my mind.

I doubt very much it was placebo because I wasn't thinking about sex drive at all when I took the Preg, I had no idea it could have that effect, I was only focused on verbal fluency, mood, etc...

It did help those things to some extent, but the highest impact was definitely libido; completely ridiculous. It calmed down a bit but even after a couple months on it my baseline was a lot higher than pre-Preg.

Full disclaimer though, I've always had a much higher sex drive than average so this won't necessarily happen to someone else. Even on my worst protocols and in the midst of suicidal depression pre-TRT with 6ng/dL Free T, my libido was really high and dick working great.

I wish I'd gotten as lucky when it comes to neurotransmitter action and my reward system

Medicwithachub

I had the same experience with 10mg/day SR micronized pharma compounded Preg.

Libido shot up to above 16yo me levels, I had to masturbate 6-7 times/day + sex with my girlfriend or I would lose my mind.

I doubt very much it was placebo because I wasn't thinking about sex drive at all when I took the Preg, I had no idea it could have that effect, I was only focused on verbal fluency, mood, etc...

It did help those things to some extent, but the highest impact was definitely libido; completely ridiculous. It calmed down a bit but even after a couple months on it my baseline was a lot higher than pre-Preg.

Full disclaimer though, I've always had a much higher sex drive than average so this won't necessarily happen to someone else. Even on my worst protocols and in the midst of suicidal depression pre-TRT with 6ng/dL Free T, my libido was really high and dick working great.

I wish I'd gotten as lucky when it comes to neurotransmitter action and my reward system
Yeah I was on HCG for like a year a long time ago.

Haven’t been on since.

I can’t fucking decide if I should try 15mg ED or 30mg ED.

Everything I’ve read here is making me thinking 100mg ED. Nelson tan bloods and said 100mg brought him into low normal range if I remember correctly.

And then I read those studies of men using 400-500mg a day.

My problem is is that I am impatient. Where should I start? I guarantee my preg levels are tanked (progesterone too).

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me