Why Did AI Double My Test.

Buy Lab Tests Online

jhperez81

After 4 weeks of .5mg Anastrozole my Total and Free Test more than doubled! I am now supra-physiological in my trough with 2400 ng/dl Total T and & 744 pg/ml Free T. My E2 also increased from 84 to 109 pg/ml. Can anyone explain why this might of happened?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

Definitely something else going on. I can guarantee it wasn’t the anastrozole that caused this.

Is everything you are taking pharmaceutical grade?

CoastWatcher

Can you provide details of your protocol and details of your testing procedure? How long have you been on TRT? Was everything stable in regard to testing? You pulled blood at the same time in both tests relative to your injection schedule? Where does your SHBG sit?

Gman86

This is a link to my other post regarding my 1st 90 follow up which includes my lab results 1st Follow Up Labs, High Estradiol, Feel Fine

Blood draw was on Mondays for both labs. There was a slight difference in blood draw times with the latest lab showing the high numbers drawn at 10am as opposed to 8am

So definitely no issues with when you had the labs done. And 2 hours isn’t going to make much of a difference. Is everything you’re taking pharmaceutical grade?

jhperez81

So definitely no issues with when you had the labs done. And 2 hours isn’t going to make much of a difference. Is everything you’re taking pharmaceutical grade?

Yes, from Empower. I did get my prescription filled after 1st follow up labs and have been using a new batch of test cyp.

jhperez81

I feel pretty good despite the high test and e2. My ratio has improved and seems to correlate to how I feel.

I did just receive my Free E2 results and it went from 2.04 to 3.24 which is weird because I began taking the AI after the 1st labs and thought it was supposed to reduce E2. The light E2 symptoms subsided with AI use but E2 did not decrease.

Last edited:

Gman86

I feel pretty good despite the high test and e2. My ratio has improved and seems to correlate to how I feel.

I did just receive my Free E2 results and it went from 2.04 to 3.24 which is weird because I began taking the AI after the 1st labs and thought it was supposed to reduce E2. The light E2 symptoms subsided with AI use but E2 did not decrease.

What’s the range on your free E2 lab? (0.2-1.5) is the free E2 range I found on the internet, not sure if it’s the same range as what you have on your labs.

Also, what is your testosterone dosage, and how often are you injecting? And are you just taking testosterone and anastrozole? Basically what does your protocol look like lol. Thanks. Oh, also, what is the range on your free T?

And just curious what your thyroid protocol looks like as well if you don’t mind.

Did your SHBG go up or down with these new set of labs?

Last edited:

Gman86

How do you not see that suppressing conversion to E resulted in higher Test levels.

You think his total test could really go from 1200 to 2400 just from adding in anastrozole? Not being rude or sarcastic. Honestly just wondering if you think that’s a possibility, or if you’ve heard of that happening before.

jhperez81

What’s the range on your free E2 lab? (0.2-1.5) is the free E2 range I found on the internet, not sure if it’s the same range as what you have on your labs.
Quest labs in my area has it as >=.45

Also, what is your testosterone dosage, and how often are you injecting? And are you just taking testosterone and anastrozole? Basically what does your protocol look like lol. Thanks. Oh, also, what is the range on your free T?
80mg E3.5d
Stopped Anastrozole after latest labs. I took .25mg with injections for a month to see how it worked.
Free T range is 35-155 pg/ml.

And just curious what your thyroid protocol looks like as well if you don’t mind.
Armour Thyroid took my ft3 from 3.2 to 3.8 on 2 grains. Now on 3 grains and ft3 is 4.9 range(2.3-4.2 pg/ml). FT4 has stayed about the same around 1.1.
Did your SHBG go up or down with these new set of labs?
Didn’t get it tested since it was just a quick follow up to see how my ft3 and E2 were affected. Pre trt shbg was 48 and 1st follow up 41

Cataceous

Super Moderator
You think his total test could really go from 1200 to 2400 just from adding in anastrozole? Not being rude or sarcastic. Honestly just wondering if you think that’s a possibility, or if you’ve heard of that happening before.
I don't think it was the anastrozole. For guys with functioning HPTAs, AI-monotherapy does work to stimulate testosterone production. But you're still limited by your physiology, meaning 2,400 ng/dL would be virtually impossible. The problem when on TRT is that there's not enough estradiol. Maximum possible production averages 140 pg/mL in older men. If you prevented this entire amount from being created then you'd raise testosterone by 14 ng/dL.

jhperez81

I don't think it was the anastrozole. For guys with functioning HPTAs, AI-monotherapy does work to stimulate testosterone production. But you're still limited by your physiology, meaning 2,400 ng/dL would be virtually impossible. The problem when on TRT is that there's not enough estradiol. Maximum possible production averages 140 pg/mL in older men. If you prevented this entire amount from being created then you'd raise testosterone by 14 ng/dL.

TRT suppresses the HPT but how do we know that estrogen levels can’t override that suppression. I should check my LH and FSH in the future. Clomid, tamoxifen, and perhaps an AI could override exogenous T suppression.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
TRT suppresses the HPT but how do we know that estrogen levels can’t override that suppression. I should check my LH and FSH in the future. Clomid, tamoxifen, and perhaps an AI could override exogenous T suppression.
Testosterone itself also provides negative feedback to the hypothalamus and pituitary. Even low levels of estradiol may not be enough to overcome this. And you said your free estradiol went up, so you probably have pretty good suppression of LH and FSH.

jhperez81

I’m pretty close to maximum E2 then since my final labs showed 122pg/ml. I think 140 wouldn’t be a problem if I kept my Test around 2500 - 2800.

madman

Super Moderator
I’m pretty close to maximum E2 then since my final labs showed 122pg/ml. I think 140 wouldn’t be a problem if I kept my Test around 2500 - 2800.

No one on trt doses would be running that TT level.....insanely high!

From your previous thread:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Got my lab results back after being on TRT for 90 days. Protocol is:
80mg Test. Cyp E3.5D I started with HCG 500i/u with injection but stopped because wife got pregnant and I didn't feel I needed it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No way you are hitting a TT trough of 2400 ng/dl on 160 mg/week of T only.....let alone your dose is split 80 mg every 3.5 days.

Last edited:

jhperez81

No one on trt doses would be running that TT level.....insanely high!

Then clearly it has to be lab error. I’ve been on 80mg every Monday morning and Thursday afternoon/evening since I started. AI use was consistent the month between labs. I haven’t seen anyone on my dose with an AI have levels that high before but I guess it’s possible.

Attachments

• 9CDCCC35-6D27-4DA6-8082-334DE5648FEE.jpeg
    9CDCCC35-6D27-4DA6-8082-334DE5648FEE.jpeg
    995.3 KB · Views: 140

madman

Super Moderator
Then clearly it has to be lab error. I’ve been on 80mg every Monday morning and Thursday afternoon/evening since I started. AI use was consistent the month between labs. I haven’t seen anyone on my dose with an AI have levels that high before but I guess it’s possible.

Have lab work redone and are you using the same assay every time you test TT?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me